The Official NFL Thread, Part Two - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #166
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:28 AM
i believe the proper diction there is "we talkin' 'bout PRAC-tice"

Old 12-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

The playoffs one is the best.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #168
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i believe the proper diction there is "we talkin' 'bout PRAC-tice"
That and saying, "not the game. not the game. we ain't talking about the game - not the game." about 84 times.

In an unrelated note, Terry Bradshaw just described the Bengals as a couple of guys going out to drink beers a couple times a week.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
The Giants are not done, they still are tied for a Wild Card spot. If they beat the Panthers next week they are in the drivers seat.

Given DaveC's previous predicitons, I think the Giants are in good shape for a Superbowl run now.
as i was saying...

basically whenever DaveC predicts something, the opposite almost inevitably happens. i need to start making wagers based on this.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #170
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
basically whenever DaveC predicts something, the opposite almost inevitably happens. i need to start making wagers based on this.
Apparently I should be excited about the Eagles stretch run too, according to DaveC.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:27 PM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Going for the record while being up by 21 with four minutes left, that's great sportsmanship LT.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Going for the record while being up by 21 with four minutes left, that's great sportsmanship LT.
Denver's D could have stopped him. LT's also one of the classiest guys in the league - he hardly celebrates whenever he scores a touchdown. The record is still the record any way he did it (unless Brett Favre was somehow involved taking a dive).
Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #173
Refugee

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Shanahan spent a lot of time congratuling him afterwards, I didn't see that Denver had stopped playing yet
Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

There were four minutes left in the game. They can't just kneel down - there was too much time left. In those cases, you just run the ball.

There's no issue here.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

A couple of things from yesterday;

1. The worst roughing the passer call ever (and there's been a lot of bad ones this season): Pats/Dolphins, late 2nd quarter. Harrington drops back, is rushed and throws, as he's throwing Vince Wilfork is knocked to the ground by a Dolphin O-Lineman. After releasing the ball, Harrington is in a backpedal, and trips over Wilfork's rather large head (Wilfork is face down on the ground). 15 yard penalty...you've got to be kidding me. Now it had no real bearing on the game's outcome, but c'mon.

B. Mike Shanahan...you have a punter on your roster, use him.
Trailing by 11 with about 11 minutes left, he goes for a 4th and 3 on his own 46 or so. Then next drive, down 14 with 7 minutes left he goes for it on 4th down from his own 20.

Now Denevr was up against it for sure and likely would have lost anyway...but you gotta punt in both those situatrions, let your D try and get you the ball back and then execute. Way too much time left and the wrong part of the field to go for it. He killed any chamce the Broncos had for a comeback.

Thirdly: Jags out rush the Colts 375 yards to 34!!
Wasn't Dungy supposedly a defensiVe genius when he was D Coordinator with the Vikings? Wow.

Quatorce: How did I not have N.O.'s Mike Karney on my fantasy teams?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #176
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

1. The worst roughing the passer call ever (and there's been a lot of bad ones this season): Pats/Dolphins, late 2nd quarter. Harrington drops back, is rushed and throws, as he's throwing Vince Wilfork is knocked to the ground by a Dolphin O-Lineman. After releasing the ball, Harrington is in a backpedal, and trips over Wilfork's rather large head (Wilfork is face down on the ground). 15 yard penalty...you've got to be kidding me. Now it had no real bearing on the game's outcome, but c'mon.
The rushing the passer calls this year have been atrocious. The NFL is going to have to do something about it, because it's getting out of hand. I understand the need to protect the quarterback, but this is ridiculous.

This Patriots team is baffling. I just don't get a sense of urgency with them, especially with Belichick. I know he never says anything, but at least in the past, you could get a feeling when he's really unhappy. This year seems...different, in some way. He almost looks tired and disinterested. You have to wonder if he's thinking about walking away soon...
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 AM   #177
Blue Crack Addict

He always retires after one season in franchise mode in Madden '07...maybe EA knows something we don't?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #178
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

the giants had a penalty earlier in the year... bears game i think... where a DL, i forget who, was rushing the QB, was blocked, his hand came down and grazed the side of the QB's helmet... 15 yard personal foul penalty. with all that bullshit, you can't really blame kiwunuka for letting vince young go after he thought his forward progress was stopped.

Quote:
Quatorce: How did I not have N.O.'s Mike Karney on my fantasy teams?
i got him in my money league

back to vince young... i have to admit, i was not a big vince young fan coming out of college. but i have to give credit where credit is due... and that credit goes right to... jeff fisher, for making young become a pocket QB first and not allowing him to rely soley on his legs, which is pretty much the same thing he did with steve mcnair, and what andy reid did with donovan mcnabb.

the problem with vick is that he can't stay in the damned pocket... his early NFL coaches allowed him to rely on his legs over his arm, and now that's what he is... a run first QB. young has taken off earlier than anyone could have expected, but he's not doing it with his legs... he's staying in the pocket until the very last second, and using his running ability only to scramble on a broken play, like yesterday's game winning run. his progress in such a short time has been very surprising, to me at least.

seems like the wonderlic failed again... but that said, i still get a chuckle at the fact that he spent 4 years in college and can barely speak.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #179
Blue Crack Addict

I remember hearing that McNair had to be given diction lessons when drafted by the Oilers cause the other players had trouble understanding him calling plays.
Fisher must like that type of talent to mold.

And the other difference between Vick and Vince is size. Vince is huge. Not as fast as Vick obviously, but should be a lot more durable, and to date appears to be a lot more coachable.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #180
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I remember hearing that McNair had to be given diction lessons when drafted by the Oilers cause the other players had trouble understanding him calling plays.
Fisher must like that type of talent to mold.

And the other difference between Vick and Vince is size. Vince is huge. Not as fast as Vick obviously, but should be a lot more durable, and to date appears to be a lot more coachable.
agreed... i just love when coaches take these uber-athletes and force them to conform to a real system, as opposed to trying to just ride their athleticism as far as it'll go... it's why i enjoy watching john thompson the third run the princeton offense at georgetown. (even if it's only been mildly succesful to date)