The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #436
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:40 PM
Nah, Zidane isn't nasty at all - he doesn't go around provoking other players, rarely dives and many football players say he's very gentle, very shy and very kind....But yes, he has a temper that rears its ugly head when provoked.......

Old 07-10-2006, 02:31 AM   #437
Refugee

Local Time: 06:40 PM
Payback for euro 2000 which Italy dominated but France tied in the dying seconds then won with one of those thankfully gone "golden goals"

When WAS the last time the French scored in open play? The Spain game?

Game of the tournament? Semi final between Italy and Germany

Goal? Cambiossa's

Player? Tie betwee Gattuso and Cannavarro

Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 AM   #438
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:40 AM
Italian guy did hold the same shoulder that was in pain, but on the tape you can see Zidane walk away and headbutt him later...I agree Materazzi probably said something very nasty to him.

Wish they had some way of audio supervision of the players and you could get a card for provocations too.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:22 AM   #439
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Goddam Italy. I am ordering a hit. They cheated their way past Australia, and they had to sink so low to annyoing agrubably the best player of the tournament so he gets sent off.

Italy are an absolute disgrace and did not deserve to win.

No offence to any Italians here.
No offence.
Perhaps we did not deserve it. I feel we were just luckier.

But the thing Zidane did was crazy. I dunno what Materazzi told him but the reaction was

But the parties in the cities were great.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:37 AM   #440
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Old 07-10-2006, 04:06 AM   #441
Refugee

Local Time: 01:40 AM
Because I am a good sport, I will extend my hand and offer my congratulations to Italy for winning the world cup.

I was rooting for France (as you know) but after that horrible display by Zidane (regardless of the reason) I felt that I couldn't support them anymore.

A world class player like Zidane should have known better than to lose his cool during what was supposed to be a triumphant end to a great career - instead he let himself lose control and behaved horribly. That was really bad judgement and bad sportsmanship.

Italy clearly didn't deserve to win - France totally dominated the playing field and had a lot more striking opportunities than the Italians.

I'm not thrilled that Italy won but, under the circumstances, I'm glad that Zidane didn't get to lift the cup.

Besides...........as far as I'm concerned, the Aussie socceroos won the world cup!!!

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!

See you guys in 2010...........
Old 07-10-2006, 05:10 AM   #442
Refugee

after so many accusations done by the french to the portuguese of being divers and savages without fair-play, i am glad that the world could see yesterday who was the best diver from the tournment (malouda) and the most savage (zizou).

congrats to italy, the best team of the tournment. we owe them the victory over the french arrogancy.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:25 AM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
[B]Goddam Italy. I am ordering a hit. They cheated their way past Australia,B]
They didnt cheat their way past Australia, yeah the guy took a dive, but if your going to blame anyone blame the ref. He made the dogy decision. Diving is also a National sport in Italy
Old 07-10-2006, 05:26 AM   #444
Refugee

Local Time: 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bedouin fire
after so many accusations done by the french to the portuguese of being divers and savages without fair-play, i am glad that the world could see yesterday who was the best diver from the tournment (malouda) and the most savage (zizou).

congrats to italy, the best team of the tournment. we owe them the victory over the french arrogancy.
Well, they were hardly the BEST in the tournament........
Old 07-10-2006, 05:41 AM   #445
Babyface

suck it

suck it france!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 05:57 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bedouin fire

Portuguese were diving a lot. They were playing in a savage way against Holland.
Italy really has no place to accuse anyone else of diving and rough fouls though. Thank big mouth Materazzi for the foul, not Zidane.

Most savage player has to be De Rossi for elbowing that US player so hard he bled. French team were better for the major part of the game.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:48 AM   #447
Refugee

Please... so now we have to excuse zidane... c.ronaldo has been condemnded all over the world because he did what everybody does (run to the ref when he see a mete being kicked, like a lot of italians did yesterday), the same for deco for tackling a dutch after a huge lack of respect from this one by not giving the ball back... and now poor zizou can't stand some nasty words... poor baby.

c'mon, he did the same in 98 and a few more times in the spanish championship. for me he was the best player since maradona but he had so much of great player as of an agressor.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #448
Blue Crack Addict

The referee saw the Rooney foul anyway, so there was no need to protest anything. (if that's what he said - I still think he demanded a card for Rooney)
What Deco did was unnecessary rough game; should have gotten a red card for it.

No one said this means what Rooney or the Holland guy not giving the ball back was ok.

Everyone condemned what Zidane did already... However, I think Materazzi shares the blame for it as this was his intention, making Zidane go nuts - I think the provocators should be punished too, especially if he used a racist slur. Name calling and foul language has no place in football, just like fouls like Zidane's.
It's easy to say "he can't stand a few nasty words" - IMO everyone's buttons can be pushed if you know what to do/say. The more I look at that video, the more I get the feeling Materazzi pinched/grabbed Zidane's injured shoulder before the incident.
I really hope we get Zidane's side of this story.

I think Zidane would be a part of penalty kicks after overtime and that he would help his team have a better chance at winning. Why was the bad-shape, little-playtime Trezeguet a part of penalty kicks?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #449
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The best strikers get to do the penalties, and those who are best in it.
For sure Zidane would have done a penalty kick.
Trezeguet is a striker and very good, only yesterday he had no luck.
That happens, and it could happen to everyone. Like Zidane's penalty earlier in the game. Only a tiny bit higher, and the ball what have gone the way like when Trezeguet shot.
But it's normally better to let the strikers shoot first, then the defenders. And hope for luck.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #450
Refugee

Local Time: 11:40 AM