The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vaz02 said:
No one from the FIFA side of things seen the zidane incident

I find this kinda hard to believe.

But I agree with whoever said that if Zidane hadn't been given the red card, the match would have ended with the same result.

Of course, Buffon isn't going to deny that he went for accusing Zidane.
That was quite clear from the way he was walking around the field after the incident.
Absolutely no doubt about it.
The TV images speak for itself.
To deny would be stupid.

Miringeltje said:
Interesting about the low amount of total points and the low amount of goals.
Perhaps that explains why this whole tournament wasn't really exciting to me.
Quite boring actually.

There you go , you got it all , missed nothing Miringeltje ;) That was in nutshell the cup

ntalwar said:
Here's the Zidane incident on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc

I wonder if the Italian was grabbing that same shoulder Zidane had injured earlier.

I'm thinkn this right now as well , something tells me it was coz of his Shoulder , the cam doesnt show , but somethin tells me Materazzi hit or hold Zidane's shoulder , makes lot of sense

My bet is totally on his shoulder problem , which to me if was really the case that was something very coward from the italian

Last edited:
#*#$&#$&!!!

I'll be infuriated if Materazzi really did try to grab Zizou's shoulder! Everyone could tell Zidane was hurting - in fact, at one point, he was pointing to his shoulder and giving the sign tohis coach to change him but he played on. In pain.

If he's being forced to play and he's in pain and someone deliberately aggravates the source of his pain well then, I can *almost* understand why he got physical on the guy. What a low blow from the Italian.

Anyone who knows Zidane knows this is kind out of character for him - he's known to be a shy, gentle guy who's lost his cool on the pitch before.

J_NP said:
My bet is totally on his shoulder problem , which to me if was really the case that was something very coward from the italian

well, of course. blame it on the italians, we're the one playing dirty right? :|
I don't get it... now Zidane is a hero.... :huh:

Now I've seen over and over , there was definitely it , Materazzi did something with his right arm/shoulder , check out that Mat remains with his right arm kind of up still doin somethin , Zidane then looks at him shoulder and makes a gesture with his hand like sayin "Why u did that " ....

If it's the true that was something LOW from the italian , and He should've gotten the red card as well

J_NP said:
There you go , you got it all , missed nothing Miringeltje ;) That was in nutshell the cup

Hehehe!

On second thought, it might be better to speak of a disappointing instead of a boring tournament.

The begin (group matches) were promising.
But the follow up was not great.

That seems to be the overal problem.

'Cause I can't say that the players of the games I saw, weren't trying or working hard.
It just didn't result in anything.
No goals (or only one).
That must have been frustrating/disappointing for the players as well.

And for the organization too.
There has been high praise for that.
And for the great atmosphere.
It's really a shame that the soccer was a let down.
Brilliance was absent!
At least as far as I can tell.

Of course, this is just my personal view and opinion.

Last edited:
There were 148 or so goals, 1900 nearly goals, and 12000 fouls in this World Cup.

Yeah, the games weren't the best. The coaches should try to play differently the next time, more offensive. This is boring.
So the World Cup was not meidocre as hell, but also it wasn't the to good.

Italy was really exhausted, Domenech could have won the gam if he put some more strikers in earlier in the second half.

But he didn't, and so it was decided by penalties. That's all about luck, and Trezeguet didn't have luck.

What Zidane did was very crazy and I don't understand it. I heard it wasn't the first time he knocked someone out when he thought nobody would see. He's a great player, but like e.g. Figo he has his very special moments.
If the red card was based on video evidence or something like that I would support it because the players have to learn that the don't just can do what they want when nobody watches.
The lineman didn't wave the flag, but I don't think he told the referee to give the red card based on what Buffon said.
You just can't do that. An Italian was on the ground, then you can't give a red card when another Italian player tells you what happened.

Someone said France lost because the replacement of Zidane, Trezeguet, didn't hit. But that's wrong because Trezeguet didn't replace Zidane. He got in before that incident, and he would have done the penalty nonetheless. Maybe he would have hit, but that's only speculation.

The party here in Germany was just great. And all the people who came from all over the world said they were overwhelmed by how nice we Germans were and how great we have partied all the time, doesn't matter whether we had played or another country.
That's great, and the Germans should be very happy that everything went so well.
congratulations to Italy, and of course to France as well. I know when you're in a final you're never happy to lose, but still it is the second place in one of the most important sporting tournaments of the world.

ladywithspinninghead said:

haha, you're in Italy and you're inside on the pc? Aren't you celebrating??

I already did celebrate... do I have to celebrate all night long? I live in a very small town, there's no fun really :wink:

Someone know how to download somethin from Youtube or have the video

sraphim said:

I already did celebrate... do I have to celebrate all night long? I live in a very small town, there's no fun really :wink:

That's too bad! I'm in Toronto in Little Italy, the largest Italian poopulation outside of Italy - there's about 300,000 people on the streets - am going back (with my French cap on!) :)

Vincent Vega said:
There were 148 or so goals, 1900 nearly goals, and 12000 fouls in this World Cup.

Yeah, the games weren't the best. The coaches should try to play differently the next time, more offensive. This is boring.
So the World Cup was not meidocre as hell, but also it wasn't the to good.

Italy was really exhausted, Domenech could have won the gam if he put some more strikers in earlier in the second half.

But he didn't, and so it was decided by penalties. That's all about luck, and Trezeguet didn't have luck.

What Zidane did was very crazy and I don't understand it. I heard it wasn't the first time he knocked someone out when he thought nobody would see. He's a great player, but like e.g. Figo he has his very special moments.
If the red card was based on video evidence or something like that I would support it because the players have to learn that the don't just can do what they want when nobody watches.
The lineman didn't wave the flag, but I don't think he told the referee to give the red card based on what Buffon said.
You just can't do that. An Italian was on the ground, then you can't give a red card when another Italian player tells you what happened.

Someone said France lost because the replacement of Zidane, Trezeguet, didn't hit. But that's wrong because Trezeguet didn't replace Zidane. He got in before that incident, and he would have done the penalty nonetheless. Maybe he would have hit, but that's only speculation.

The party here in Germany was just great. And all the people who came from all over the world said they were overwhelmed by how nice we Germans were and how great we have partied all the time, doesn't matter whether we had played or another country.
That's great, and the Germans should be very happy that everything went so well.
congratulations to Italy, and of course to France as well. I know when you're in a final you're never happy to lose, but still it is the second place in one of the most important sporting tournaments of the world.

:up:

Very nice post, Vincent!
I like it a lot.
I agree with everything you said there.

The german channel said Materazzi called Zizou a "dirty African pig" :shocked:

Add that , but I still think it was somethin physical

I don't know if it can be speculated that France would not have scored or won. Italy was more tired, and the French side totally got deflated after the red.

For the instigation of Zidane, it could have been either physical or verbal. The words obviously started only after the physical tussle. But the headbutt could've been delayed intentionally to try to hide it from the ref or something. The real reason could remain a mystery.

For the low goal count, I think many teams simply had improved defenses (as part of the reason). I don't only blame weaker offenses.

J_NP said:
Someone know how to download somethin from Youtube or have the video

There's a hack here - other places might have it too:
http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/tutorials/youtuberip/

Last edited:
sraphim said:
I don't care what was said to him. He could have answered with WORDS instead of hitting him.

sraphim said:
well, of course. blame it on the italians, we're the one playing dirty right? :|
I don't get it... now Zidane is a hero.... :huh:

I was just repeating what I said in my first post after I finished watching the match.

Let it be clear (like I also said in that post) that I think what Zidane did, was wrong.
He shouldn't have done it.
And totally deserved to get that red card.
I think everybody here agrees with that.
Nobody is saying he's a hero.
And I didn't say a single bad word about the Italians.

But as an objective (soccer loving) viewer you can't help but wonder what triggered an action like that.
Something must have.
'Cause I can't believe an experienced player would do such a (stupid) thing based on nothing.

I didn't know about his injured shoulder, so based on what I saw on TV, my guess is/was he reacted on something that was said to him.

The german channel said Materazzi called Zizou a "dirty African pig" :shocked:
that's very VERY sad. and if that's true, then Materazzi deserves to be punished too!!!! :mad: :mad:

According to italians , Materazzi said something bout Zidane's Sister and other nasty things .

And someone got a cap of Mat 'hitting' the cup , which could reveal somethin from his person.

Wow wow here comes Conspiracy

According to certain italian journalists ..... some players in Spain were using doping , one of them Zidane ..... and what Materazzi would have said this , somethin like this : "I know everythin .... I know about it all and gonna say it " and as well , under this possible "substance " Zidane , would have lost his tempers like he did .

To be honest , dont believe , but in case u come across somethin like this ........

So far, I've seen at least 3 different versions on the net of what was said to Zidane. I'm sure more will arise. But as I implied before, trash talking is present in most big sports (and stadiums). That's what makes it seem so unusual. I am still in shock about it.

And now I've heard something similar to what ladywithspinninghead said , a french journalist in Brazil , said possibly Materazzi called Zidane a racist term of african people going to france , like an " animal " not worth gettin in France , it's hard to explain , it's a french word , starts with p , pearu , have no idea something like

"Shitty Pea....."

Apparently Materazzi said it in french

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom