The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #376
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SeattleVertigo

The Giants sure proved people wrong, eh?
Ya think?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #377
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
I guess being a Cubs fan enables me to handle these relatively minor disappointments pretty well.
Maybe Cuban will buy your franchise and change the culture a little bit. Until then, you have Fukodome.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #378
Refugee

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

You're right, it's supposed to be fun, but, you represent the minority right now. Most Pat's fans are disappointed or pissed right now. Life goes on, agreed, but to not be a little disappointed right now is not typical.
Well, I said earlier that I'm disappointed.

I don't know if we'll ever see a perfect season in our lifetimes. Maybe, but it seems like a longshot.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #379
The Male

Quote:

Ha! I didn't notice that.

The Giants sure proved people wrong, eh?
Unfortunately so.

But perhaps Pats fan nation will come back down to earth, which is a good thing. Perhaps the balance has been restored.

Now.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #380
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Football is supposed to be FUN. it's a game. It's not life and death.

Try telling that to my dad

I'm not saying he's a big Pats fan.....but he betted for them to win in a fantasy football contest (I think...as you can tell, I know nothing about football) at his job (the prize $500 Visa Gift Cards....5 people gets $100 each).

I can't really fully you why (without sounding whiny and emoish).....but I can explain it in private. Sorry
Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Well, that was the greatest Super Bowl ever played. Fuck, yeah!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #382
The Male

As my formal congrats to Giants fans, enjoy my new signature.

Now.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #383
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

nice
Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #384
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:41 AM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHA HAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAA AHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHA HAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAA AHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAH AHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHA AAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAH HAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHH AHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHA HAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAA AHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAH AHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHA AAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAH HAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAH AHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAA AAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAvAAAA
Old 02-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #385
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Congratulations to the Giants!! You played a hell of a game!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #386
Blue Crack Supplier

It's funny what sticks with you, on the negative side, as a sports fan.

As a Yankee fan, you'd think that losing to Boston in 2004, blowing a 3 games to none lead would be the worst.....but, actually, the one that bothers me a lot more was losing Game 7 in Arizona in 2001. That was the only time some people (outside of Yankee fans, of course) actually pulled for the Yanks, because of 9/11. They had 2 insane comebacks in Yankee Stadium, coming off destroying the Mariners, who had won a record 116 games during the regular season. Things just seemed to be aligned.

The Yanks had won the 3 prior World Series, so you'd have to think that losing this one was no big deal, cos of the recent success. But, I was at games 1,2, 6 and 7 in Arizona, and the Yanks lost all 4. Watching them lose Game 7, with a lead and Rivera on the hill, was such an empty feeling. They were on the brink of 4 WS in a row, which is rarefied air. 3 in a row is mighty impressive, but 4 in a row in most sports is rarely seen. Typing about it reminds me of how much it bothered me. After the last out, I just fucking stood there and watched the D-Back fans, (who did not know fuck-all about the sport, sorry) go berserk. G-d that sucked ass. Then my friend and I had to drive back to LA. I wonder if Hewson experienced something similar today.

Anyway, if I were a Pats fan, I think that I'd take this loss fairly hard, since they were on the brink of immortality. I do not say this to rub it in, at all, they're a great franchise and will be back next year. I just type this because this was a different sort of loss, well, at least that's how I see it.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:57 AM   #387
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #388
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #389
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 AM   #390
War Child

Local Time: 08:41 AM
LOL! Those are funny!

Look at this, that awesome play with the escape and the catch on top of the head:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8067d05e