The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:
That's because we have no idea what team to associate with you because, well, you like multiple teams.

:shrug:

I've stated clearly that I'm only a Giants' fan. I guess you didn't get the memo. lol!

I still haven't gotten a damn shirt. Everywhere I go, they're sold out. Ugh.

No spoken words said:

Mr. Pryck roots for every team that ever played in NYC.

Cosmos, Dodgers, Giants, Arrows, you name it, he pulls for them.

It makes it hard to properly congratulate him.

You forgot the NY Dragons of the AFL. Also the Cityhawks too. Get with the program.

Oh, and when you're done, drag the dead horse you're beating away.

capt.cd88982c939949fd9e48eebf81719f77.aptopix_super_bowl_football_sb358.jpg

what a crazy month and a half.

i mean really... wow. unnnnbelievable.

going into the season the hope for this team was that we could finally figure out what eli was, wether or not he could be the QB to lead this team in the future... wether or not tom coughlin could survive the year... how they could possibly replace tiki barber... would strahan report, retire or what?... and ultimately, how high a draft pick will they get when the giants inevitably miss the playoffs.

i've been an eli supporter for the past 4 years, but even i was begining to think that he simply wasnt the guy, that he didn't have "it."

and then there were the patriots... a 2nd half choke from the super bowl last year, replacing every major hole from last year's team with a pro bowler... steamrolling through their opponents. heck, i even made a 50 dollar bet with a coworker in which i took the pats and he took the field, straight up, no odds, pats win the super bowl. they just looked that damn good. forget that... they ARE that damn good.

frankly, i would like to thank eric mangini for this super bowl victory. if he hadn't exposed the entire "spygate" bullshit, i honestly don't think the patriots would have gone through the regular season undefeated. and if the patriots weren't undefeated on that week 17 saturday night, the giants probably wouldn't have found that "it" factor to rally around. they found their confidence that night, even in defeat.

first round vs. the giant killer jeff garcia? i knew they'd win that game... tampa sucks. then came dallas... that drive by eli at the end of the 1st half, changing the game, stunning dallas and killing their momentum into the half. then green bay... in the terrible climate against the great brett favre, to come away with that win... unbelievable.

and then the rematch against the undefeated, unstoppable patriots. the great tom brady, the great bill belichick. they play great in the first half and they're still losing... ya just get that feel that the pats will get it done, but the giants just keep hanging around, and the defensive line stymies brady throughout. but even still, brady does what brady does and drives the length of the field to punch it in and give the patriots the lead.

so here we are... 2 1/2 minutes to go, the ball in eli's hands, needing a touchdown... and eli manning... the guy who's been the butt of jokes all year long... leads a montana like drive down the field. he out brady's brady, including a play that will go down as one of the greatest in super bowl history on the escape from the sack 40 yard pass to tyree, who makes an equally amazing catch. and then plaxico more or less walks into the endzone on a great route, and the amazing has happened.

no matter what eli manning does from this point on, it doesn't matter. he can go back to being old eli next year, i do not care. for 2 minutes in february he was legendary.

:hi5:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
capt.cd88982c939949fd9e48eebf81719f77.aptopix_super_bowl_football_sb358.jpg

what a crazy month and a half.

i mean really... wow. unnnnbelievable.

going into the season the hope for this team was that we could finally figure out what eli was, wether or not he could be the QB to lead this team in the future... wether or not tom coughlin could survive the year... how they could possibly replace tiki barber... would strahan report, retire or what?... and ultimately, how high a draft pick will they get when the giants inevitably miss the playoffs.

i've been an eli supporter for the past 4 years, but even i was begining to think that he simply wasnt the guy, that he didn't have "it."

and then there were the patriots... a 2nd half choke from the super bowl last year, replacing every major hole from last year's team with a pro bowler... steamrolling through their opponents. heck, i even made a 50 dollar bet with a coworker in which i took the pats and he took the field, straight up, no odds, pats win the super bowl. they just looked that damn good. forget that... they ARE that damn good.

frankly, i would like to thank eric mangini for this super bowl victory. if he hadn't exposed the entire "spygate" bullshit, i honestly don't think the patriots would have gone through the regular season undefeated. and if the patriots weren't undefeated on that week 17 saturday night, the giants probably wouldn't have found that "it" factor to rally around. they found their confidence that night, even in defeat.

first round vs. the giant killer jeff garcia? i knew they'd win that game... tampa sucks. then came dallas... that drive by eli at the end of the 1st half, changing the game, stunning dallas and killing their momentum into the half. then green bay... in the terrible climate against the great brett favre, to come away with that win... unbelievable.

and then the rematch against the undefeated, unstoppable patriots. the great tom brady, the great bill belichick. they play great in the first half and they're still losing... ya just get that feel that the pats will get it done, but the giants just keep hanging around, and the defensive line stymies brady throughout. but even still, brady does what brady does and drives the length of the field to punch it in and give the patriots the lead.

so here we are... 2 1/2 minutes to go, the ball in eli's hands, needing a touchdown... and eli manning... the guy who's been the butt of jokes all year long... leads a montana like drive down the field. he out brady's brady, including a play that will go down as one of the greatest in super bowl history on the escape from the sack 40 yard pass to tyree, who makes an equally amazing catch. and then plaxico more or less walks into the endzone on a great route, and the amazing has happened.

no matter what eli manning does from this point on, it doesn't matter. he can go back to being old eli next year, i do not care. for 2 minutes in february he was legendary.

:hi5:

Congratulations Head in a suitecase and your Giants!

randhail said:
I think I'm going to die a little bit everytime I see your signature.

:hug:

that entire play... the escape by eli, the catch by tyree... will go right next to wide right, "here comes willis," namath running off the field flashing the #1 in the air, messier's gaurantee, bill buckner and the jeter flip as the greatest moments in new york sports history.

No spoken words said:
They had 2 insane comebacks in Yankee Stadium, coming off destroying the Mariners, who had won a record 116 games during the regular season.

Talk about your hard losses to swallow. I'm still smarting over the M's getting blown out of the playoffs that year. :sad:

MrPryck2U said:
Well, all that I wish to add to that is: Go Eagles!

Oh yes, that's right, the party was over for them a long time ago. Lol!

Instant karma is gonna get you!

And I still don't know what the hell you were talking about in this post.

phillyfan26 said:

And I still don't know what the hell you were talking about in this post.

No prob. You mentioned something about the region of NY sucking. Well, it's one thing to dog a city's team, but you never dog a city.

Example:

I might say the Eagles suck, but I'd never say Philadelphia sucks.

You're being nitpicky with my words and with my meaning.

Karma? Give me a break.

phillyfan26 said:
You're being nitpicky with my words and with my meaning.

Karma? Give me a break.

No prob again. You said NY sucks and look who won. Instant karma has already run wild on you. LOL!

YAY GIANTS!

It's good to see so many ppl coming out of the closet with their dislike of the Patriots now that it's over and it's okay. A few of us (well Dave, Justin and I?) said it all along. I don't care, any dislike for the Patriots is okay by me.

I do feel kinda sorry for the guy here who went to the game.

zonelistener said:
Can we ban the use of "LOL" in the sports forums?

I think that is best used over in PLEBA or something.

Attaching files of actual laughter tends to clog up the Intertubes, from what I hear.

MrPryck2U said:
No prob again. You said NY sucks and look who won. Instant karma has already run wild on you. LOL!

Maximus?

Anyway, uh, what in God's name are you talking about? I said that I wasn't hating on the city, and that you were being nitpicky with my words.

Back
Top Bottom