The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
Get over it, man.

thepatslostthepatslostthepatslost

capt.e1d9fec2d4aa4cd5b169414658239377.aptopix_super_bowl_football_sb329.jpg

Just trying to rile you up. :wink:

Now that I've slept on it and have had time to sink it in...

Congratulations Headache. The Giants were most definitely the better team last night. The defense was flying around everywhere and making just enough plays to win.

Let's not dance around it or anything. The reason the Patriots lost this game is because the offensive line, a strong unit the entire year, got absolutely steamrolled. They couldn't pick anybody up the entire game until the end, and that was more due to fatigue on the Giants defense than anything else.

I thought the Patriots defense actually played well. There was the long first drive that ended with a field goal, but after that, they were solid until the end of the game. I suspect fatigue got to them as well. From what I understand, with the roof closed, it made it awfully hot and humid in that place. Even Brady was sweating... :wink:

I agree about this not being Belichick's finest game. The play for me that I question is going for it on 4th and 13, or whatever it was. You are in a dome, why not try the field goal? Or, if you don't have the confidence that he'll make it, at least do a pooch punt and try to back the Giants up. At that point, they'd only scored a field goal anyway and the defense was holding up well.

I thought the officials did a good job. There were a couple of non-calls, but they wouldn't have changed the outcome of this game anyway.

Brady still did very well despite not having any protection. His only miscue was the fumble late in the first half, which was unfortunate as it looked like they would possibly convert a field goal just before halftime, which would have been nice momentum going into the next drive.

Hats off to Eli Manning. He played a fantastic game, and the only INT he threw wasn't his fault. I can understand how a couple of the Giants defenders could have been named MVP, but Manning directed the game-winning drive, so he is just as deserving.

Finally, while 18-1 and a 16-0 regular season is a nice accomplishment, let's not fool ourselves. It means nothing now. Nothing. And yes, the game is supposed to be fun, and in any other year, if they had lost the Super Bowl, your thoughts would just be that they come back strong next year. But this was different. They won't be in this position again. I don't even know when it will even happen again in the NFL. The Patriots shot at history is what makes this Super Bowl loss worse than any other loss could possibly be. If next year they go 14-2 and lose, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But this is huge, because the opportunity won't ever come again.

I'm now off to work in what will most likely be the most depressing day ever in the office. This should be fun.

Butterscotch said:
LOL! Those are funny!

Look at this, that awesome play with the escape and the catch on top of the head:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8067d05e
If anything goes differently on that play, it's 4th and at least 5. If the Patriots get a sack, they win.

That said, Eli Manning deserves the MVP because in the Super Bowl, you don't get easy plays(besides Plaxico in the endzone). He was consistently hitting receivers on 3rd down for 1st downs. And when the Giants had the chances to get big plays there at the end, like the long pass to the tight end or the td pass to Tyree, he put the ball right where it should be. Plus his management of the game was superb.

When they had the ball for 9 minutes in the first quarter, I knew it would be a game.

...and Steve Smith is going to be amazing.

Matt Light is going to have nightmares about Umenyiora.

Headache, as a fellow Giant fan... I am emotionally, physically, psychologically, and spiritually exhausted. Even if you aren't a Giants fan or a Patriots fan, that was one of the greatest games you will ever see. Both teams fighting down the stretch in the 4th quarter, exchanging touchdowns, and Eli Manning doing something that even the most devout Giants fans never thought was possible in that throw to David Tyree (I think that's the highlight clip you guys posted). Unbelievable, and tomorrow... if you live remotely close to New York, you need to either be at the parade, or at least watch it on TV.

This really feels like a bad dream. I was convinced that I would wake up and it would be sunday and the Pats would steamroll. No such luck. They found a way to win all season - why was yesterday going to be an different? The offense put them and Rodney Harrison would make the interception as the Giants made their futile attempt at a comeback. Wow, does this suck. I didn't think this would hurt more than the 2003 ALCS, but it does. It's a lot worse. The worst thing is that there are so many "what if" plays on that last drive. What if Samuel makes the pick, if Eli gets sacked, if Brandon Merriweather didn't suck?

Personally, I think this team is at a crossroads right now. Moss and Samuel are both free agents. I think that they need Samuel back more than Moss. They need help at LB. I'd like to see Richard Seymour do something for once. Did his name get called at all this season? Worst of all, I think that there's a chance Belichick walks away especially if this Spygate II two shit really hits the fan.

Oh and Matt Light should go hang out with Max Lane after his performance last night. It was eerily similar to watching Reggie White get a free pass to Bledsoe in the Super Bowl against the Packers.

One last thing, southwestern CT should be kicked out of New England.

Congrats to the Giants and their fans.:up:

I knew the NY defense would be strong, they had played three top-notch games already in the play-offs. The question for me was Eli and whether he could stand up to the Pats.

Well, he certainly proved me wrong and probably a lot of others also. That last drive was amazing!

The NFC East is going to be an even harder division to be in the next few years.

Fantastic game! So happy for the Giants. :D Jeez, my stomach was in knots so badly...making me so sick...for a split second, I was glad I wasn't watching the Packers, because if the tension of the Giants playing the Patriots was wrecking me so badly, the Packers being there might have killed me. :laugh:

Bonochick said:
Fantastic game! So happy for the Giants. :D Jeez, my stomach was in knots so badly...making me so sick...for a split second, I was glad I wasn't watching the Packers, because if the tension of the Giants playing the Patriots was wrecking me so badly, the Packers being there might have killed me. :laugh:

OMG Bonochick, that is exactly like me!! I was going crazy at my party, and I don't even particularly like the Giants, but I really wanted them to win! So happy they did it!! My hubby was just like :rolleyes: and telling everyone, "just be thankful this isn't the Chargers, she'd be having a heart attack right now!":lol:

I am so happy for the Giants and all their fans. The only thing I can't stand is the media, saying that the Giants and their fans must be shocked, amazed, etc. Please. It seems like the only people who didn't think the Giants could beat the Pats were the stupid ass media. Anyone that even slightly follows football knew this was going to be a good game, and that the Pats have looked not so great towards the end of the season. They were lucky to have beat the Giants a few weeks ago. Seems like that luck finally ran out!!

Congrats Giants!!! Congrats Headache and all other Giants fans on this board - I hope you are all enjoying that well deserved hangover this morning!!:barf: :D

Junior Seau will no doubt try to combat his depression by purchasing many more ridiculous, shitty hats.

It's interesting that everyone here is congratulating Headache, but I've probably been following the Giants longer then he has. I mean, lets do the math. I'm 35 and he's 27. I've been following the Giants since 1981, when Headache was roughly a year old. So, you people better start congratulating me! LOL!

Of course, I'm kidding around.

Now, I'm just trying to buy a Super Bowl Champions' Sweatshirt. Right now, they're pretty tough to come by.

I blame Belichick's red hoodie for the loss.

Seriously, congratulations to the Giants. They outplayed the Patriots and deserved the win. I still can't believe Manning didn't get sacked. How the hell did he avoid it??

The one good thing that came from the Pats loss: no rioting, er, celebrating, by drunken college students in the streets of Boston.

phanan said:
That's because we have no idea what team to associate with you because, well, you like multiple teams.

:shrug:
phanan said:
That's because we have no idea what team to associate with you because, well, you like multiple teams.

phanan said:

phanan said:

phanan said:

Back
Top Bottom