The official get things off your chest thread. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2005, 05:37 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:14 PM
I hate it when people who are pulling up to an intersection and are going to turn right, ONLY look to their left. They pull WAY forward, but never glance right to see that pedestrians who have the right of way are about to cross. They just pull right up and don't ever bother looking. Then when I walk in front of their car and give the hood a little smack, they look at me like I'm an idiot. Whatever. Didn't your mom ever teach you to look both ways?

I hate people at my college who try to use their position to get them ahead of everyone else. I do computer support full time and almost everyday I get a call like "bla bla bla can I get an ETA?" "Yeah, five business days is our policy." "Oh, but I'm the department chair and director if this or that. Why can mine be fixed first?" Because you're an ass and I'm now mentally bumping you to the END of my list, jerk!

Old 08-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 01:14 PM
To rude people, I'd like to add a peeve of mine (since I don't have a car so I depend on mass transit):

- I hate it when people stand under the bus shelter while everyone else gets on line and when the bus comes, they just cut the whole line. Even if you're the first ones originally, if you're not on the line-- you're not first on the bus!

I just hate waiting like 30+ mins just so some stupid high schooler with their free metrocard could skip me in line like they're high priority.

Old 08-21-2005, 05:46 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Because you're an ass and I'm now mentally bumping you to the END of my list, jerk!

I like your style!
Old 08-21-2005, 05:48 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
I hate people at my college who try to use their position to get them ahead of everyone else. I do computer support full time and almost everyday I get a call like "bla bla bla can I get an ETA?" "Yeah, five business days is our policy." "Oh, but I'm the department chair and director if this or that. Why can mine be fixed first?" Because you're an ass and I'm now mentally bumping you to the END of my list, jerk!
Right on!

I hate that people don't take the time to read the instructions or information that would answer a question had they bothered to look. I always get the same questions:
How long will my order take?
How much is shipping/handling? Do you offer rush service?
I saw this on the website - is it available?
What payment methods do you accept?

If you pulled your head out of your arse long enough to go to the CUSTOMER SERVICE (or FAQ) page, maybe your fg questions are already answered cuz we get the same ones over and over. I ranted , but I do feel better now.

Old 08-21-2005, 05:49 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
ooh lila that's a good one the voicemail systems that trap you and you never end up with an answer

I'd like to add cell phones in public. There are good reasons to use our cell phones but I'm sick of how rude it is making the world. people on their phones ignore the people around them. Ordering in stores without even making eye contact or addressing the person helping them.

I've nearly been run off the road twice now by people on their damn phones!

WTF! A few years ago we managed to live without a phone glued to our ear. It can be done!
I work at starbucks and people come in there with their little earphones, talking on them when they come up to order and I cant even tell that theyre talking on the phone. So Im standing there trying to understand what the feck theyre saying. And when I ask them to repeat what they said they put their hand up and say hang on a minute so they can finish their phone call.
Its so tiring
Old 08-21-2005, 05:52 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl

I work at starbucks and people come in there with their little earphones, talking on them when they come up to order and I cant even tell that theyre talking on the phone. So Im standing there trying to understand what the feck theyre saying. And when I ask them to repeat what they said they put their hand up and say hang on a minute so they can finish their phone call.
Its so tiring
Too bad you can't tell them to not fucking bother you until they get off their phone. But I guess you'd get canned if you did that....
Old 08-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

bastards!
Old 08-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Too bad you can't tell them to not fucking bother you until they get off their phone. But I guess you'd get canned if you did that....
No. Im only allowed to be rude to really rude teenage girls.... because I am a teenage girl
Someday Im going to get really peeved about it when we're busy and I'll just tell them to step out of the line until theyre ready to stop wasting everybodys time
Old 08-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
People who act holier than thou. They also annoy me.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:07 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

Please don't scold me but I really have nothing to get off my chest...
Old 08-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl

Its so tiring

Where I work, if someone is standing in line and yapping on the phone I'll simply ask the person behind them what they'd like. If the person on the phone says anything, I just say, "I saw you were still on the phone and I didn't want to interupt you." Then they can't say anything or be upset because I make it sound like I was just being polite....when really they just annoy the outta me! It's not just rude to me but it's rude to the line of people behind you that are ready to order!
Old 08-21-2005, 09:00 PM   #42
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:14 AM
if/when i ever own my own business i plan on having a sign posted saying to finish your phone call before standing in line. like you guys are saying, it's rude and you can never tell when they're talking to you and when they're talking on the phone and what they're actually saying to you.

if anything, i want to own my own business just so i can help write all the wrongs about the crap customers get away with, be it because the employee can't say anything or because the manager contradicts the rules and the employee and gives in to the customer.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:07 AM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

another thing I hate is when someone is supposed to call you or return a call (or even email) and you are waiting endlessly with no response.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:43 AM   #44
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
another thing I hate is when someone is supposed to call you or return a call (or even email) and you are waiting endlessly with no response.
AMEN! how fuckin hard is it to call or return a call or email??? are these people really THAT busy??? i don't think so. i think that they think that they are too good for the people who's calls they don't return. well FUCK THEM!

Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 AM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

AMEN brother!

And the person STILL hasn't called me. There's a technical problem with my website, and for all intents & purposes, it's down. And has been for several days now. Fk !!!!