The Official 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way they talk about Dara Torres you'd think she went to preschool with McCain.

Ha, NSW, if I hadn't read your post I don't knwo that I would even have noticed the news is on *switches to CNBC*

Ha, NSW, if I hadn't read your post I don't knwo that I would even have noticed the news is on *switches to CNBC*

Glad to help......I was still laughing that Karolyi was not mic'd, and that Costas basically had to hold his mic to be heard.....Live TV FTW.

Yeah, between MSNBC, CNBC, USA, etc, the Olympics are almost on 24 hours a day in some capacity. Even when NBC is on in the afternoon, some of the other NBC entities carry Live sports....but, in primetime, I think it's NBC only.

Glad to help......I was still laughing that Karolyi was not mic'd, and that Costas basically had to hold his mic to be heard.....Live TV FTW.

Yeah, between MSNBC, CNBC, USA, etc, the Olympics are almost on 24 hours a day in some capacity. Even when NBC is on in the afternoon, some of the other NBC entities carry Live sports....but, in primetime, I think it's NBC only.

I could hear what Karolyi was saying so I sorta found Costas pretty much ignoring what he said to explain the mic situation seemed sorta rude... oh well/

Seems like everything I want to watch is on in the overnight, so I love the 24/7 coverage

I could hear what Karolyi was saying so I sorta found Costas pretty much ignoring what he said to explain the mic situation seemed sorta rude... oh well/

Seems like everything I want to watch is on in the overnight, so I love the 24/7 coverage

Well, he was not ignoring him, ha. His producer was yelling into his IFB that nobody could really hear him cos he had no mic, and that he needed to wrap the interview up immediately.

stephanie rice hammered that race home, I was VERY impressed. That jessicah thing still looks like a zombie walked into a swimming meet.

the netherland girls were very excited, its nice to see some happiness, i think swimmers are all togethe too calm and collected. I want screaming and tears and lots of trotting around as if riding a pony.

Surprised that NBC would conclude with something Non-American. I'm surprised and pleased. Yes, it's NBC and it has to focus on American athletes, but it's nice to see it close like that.

I was being a touch sarcastic, but yeah. The main reason we see much of a global focus in New Zealand is because it's impossible for a New Zealand athlete to be competing all the time, so we get good, random stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom