The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #436
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:42 AM
Emmy noms came out today, and the show is nominated for the following:

Best Comedy
Lead Actor in a Comedy - Steve Carell
Supporting Actress in a Comedy - Jenna Fischer
Supporting Actor in a Comedy - Rainn Wilson
and probably the writing, too.

__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #437
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dsmith2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Just keep me where the light is
Posts: 12,290
Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Emmy noms came out today, and the show is nominated for the following:

Best Comedy
Lead Actor in a Comedy - Steve Carell
Supporting Actress in a Comedy - Jenna Fischer
Supporting Actor in a Comedy - Rainn Wilson
and probably the writing, too.

The show also got nods for directing, editing, sound mixing and writing (two nominations).

I'm so happy this show is getting notice but think John Krasinski should have also gotten a nod. Please, though, please let Steve Carell and Rainn Wilson beat the pants of "Two-and-a-Half Men." How does that show continue to get nominations? It's appalling.
__________________

__________________
dsmith2904 is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #438
Refugee
 
LikeNoOneBefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 1,941
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Yeah they should definitely get a nomination for writing.
__________________
LikeNoOneBefore is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #439
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:42 AM
They got two!

for Gay Witch Hunt and The Negotiation.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #440
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Are you wearing lady clothes?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #441
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Tonight at 9: Ben Franklin

One of my least favorite episodes from the season.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #442
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:42 AM
It's not worse than Diwali or Phyllis's Wedding.

Those were actually suck-tastic.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Phyllis' Wedding was the peak for both Michael and Dwight in exxagerating their characteristics. I was a little worried after that one. They finished the season out strong though.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #444
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:42 AM
I was getting wary of a shark jump around that episode, too.

The episode right after was Business School, easily one of my 5 favorite episodes.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #445
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dsmith2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Just keep me where the light is
Posts: 12,290
Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Phyllis' Wedding was the peak for both Michael and Dwight in exxagerating their characteristics. I was a little worried after that one. They finished the season out strong though.
I liked Phyllis' wedding because we got Scrantinicity live and got a chance to see how cool Karen was. I totally appreciated that they made her likeable so that it wasn't completely horrible to see Karen with Jim.
__________________
dsmith2904 is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #446
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,861
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Oh cool an Office thread. I love this show.

Last season wasn't as good as 2 for me. Still, it was awesome. My least favorite episode had to be the one where Michael took over Ryan's duty to do a presentation in the classroom. And at the office there was a bat and Jim convinced Dwight he was a vampire. Not sure if you remember that one. Probably my leaset favorite episode.

Still, season three had some of my favorite episodes too. I loved the one where Michael's old boss died and he felt bad so he directed his feelings for his boss on the dead bird. That was great Also the one where Michael thought his branch was being closed down, so him and Dwight waited outside of the guy's house to convince him not to do it. And the one where Michael retended he was going to commit suicide, and then eventually started seriously thinking about it. Hahahahahahaha. Haha that was great. Great finale too.
__________________
shart1780 is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #447
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Tonight at 9: Ben Franklin

One of my least favorite episodes from the season.
It really was sub-par.

In other news, my DM Phone Girl shirt came this week, am wearing it now.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #448
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780
Oh cool an Office thread. I love this show.

Last season wasn't as good as 2 for me. Still, it was awesome. My least favorite episode had to be the one where Michael took over Ryan's duty to do a presentation in the classroom. And at the office there was a bat and Jim convinced Dwight he was a vampire. Not sure if you remember that one. Probably my leaset favorite episode.

Still, season three had some of my favorite episodes too. I loved the one where Michael's old boss died and he felt bad so he directed his feelings for his boss on the dead bird. That was great Also the one where Michael thought his branch was being closed down, so him and Dwight waited outside of the guy's house to convince him not to do it. And the one where Michael retended he was going to commit suicide, and then eventually started seriously thinking about it. Hahahahahahaha. Haha that was great. Great finale too.
You're thinking of Business School, but that episode was great.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #449
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904


I liked Phyllis' wedding because we got Scrantinicity live and got a chance to see how cool Karen was. I totally appreciated that they made her likeable so that it wasn't completely horrible to see Karen with Jim.
My favorite part was when Ryan blocked the bouquet away from Kelly.

I just thought they exxagerated Michael to his peak (a 40-minute toast to Bob and Phyllis) and Dwight was close (Schrutes marry in their graves; his peak of exxageration was in Cocktails when he checked everything in the house). I was worried about the character but they didn't continue at that pace, thank goodness.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #450
Refugee
 
LikeNoOneBefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 1,941
Local Time: 04:42 AM
There's an application on Facebook that gives me a new Office quote everyday for my profile. I loved mine today!

"Bro’s before ho’s. Why? Because your bro’s are always there for you. They’ve got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho. And you told her that she was the only ho for you and that she was better than all the other ho’s in the world. And then…and then suddenly she’s not your ho no mo’."
__________________

__________________
LikeNoOneBefore is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com