The Octagon Bar: With New Heart-Shaped Hot Tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow am I a loser or what being on here during christmas!:rolleyes:
I didnt have my mom, my boyfriend or my best friends around to see today:madspit:
but I did get to talk to my friend who is stationed in mosul and found out hes okay. guys from his brigade got killed in the missile attack the other day. I was kinda freaking out wondering if he was alive or not

I got money for christmas! Im up to 200$.....only 150 to go before I can get a certain something:sexywink: and I still have my birthday in a week:D
new years baby. everybody will be celebrating my birthday, lol
well Im gonna go see if theres anything revolutionary going on in pleba
cheers!

*grabs a huge bottle of jack and a 2 liter bottle of diet coke
I need this, trust me:huh:

u2bonogirl said:
wow am I a loser or what being on here during christmas!
I didnt have my mom, my boyfriend or my best friends around to see today:madspit:
but I did get to talk to my friend who is stationed in mosul and found out hes okay. guys from his brigade got killed in the missile attack the other day. I was kinda freaking out wondering if he was alive or not

I got money for christmas! Im up to 200$.....only 150 to go before I can get a certain something:sexywink: and I still have my birthday in a week:D
new years baby. everybody will be celebrating my birthday, lol
well Im gonna go see if theres anything revolutionary going on in pleba
cheers!

*grabs a huge bottle of jack and a 2 liter bottle of diet coke
I need this, trust me:huh:

What's funnier is that I was up around the time you posted, but decided that I didn't want to check Interference for the 10th time today to see if anyone was home. :reject: Then, right before I did go to bed I was marveling at my restraint for not coming here, and I miss Tara being a loser too! :banghead:
Congrats on the cash! :up: Be careful with all that Diet Coke it might kill you :lmao:

*** Walks up to the massive grandfather clock and starts to push hands around the clock trying to speed up the days until January 7th ***

:sad: It's not working :sad:

** After straining with the clock to no avail, decides that a recent picture would be in order **

Office2004_Tim2_smaller.jpg

This was taken last Tuesday at the inter-office Christmas party. :wave: Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Hello, Hello....:wave:

Merry Christmas everybody. Well, survived another one. What is it about Christmas and families....:madspit:

<<<......Pours large ICY COLD BEER...>>>>

This hot weather is ridiculous :| Christmas in bathers....nothing like keeping it casual!

<<<<...... Sprawls on couch and looks around for a fan......>>>>

Hey, I'm an acrobat. <<<<..... Does three backflips to celebrate.....>>>>>

Nice picture by the way Timbo!:yes: :yes:

Last edited:
Yo! :sexywink:

Guess who's gone Premium this evening?! :applaud:

I'm having a lovely Xmas even if I do say so myself :)

Any ladies fancy a Xmas boogie? :dance: :D

Check out the signature... :yes: :up: :lol:

Hello, Hello:wave:

Love that little Santa, pity he didn't stop for me... Boy, I must have been really bad this year....

Wait! Yes, I was...:shrug:

Oh, well.

In the words of the mighty John Lennon:

And so this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over and a new one just begun

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Lets hope its a good one, without any fear....

:sigh:

Im scared of the new year. another year older I become and whay have I done? nothing really.

on a good note I got my old barista job back:) the one where I got accused of stealing, lol. Im on good terms with my old boss now
I have to be to work at 5 in the morning now
help me God

u2bonogirl said:
Im scared of the new year. another year older I become and whay have I done? nothing really.
i know what you mean. everything in my life that i thought i had and i'd succeeded at has since disappeared. at least i've got my job and my health! *knocks on wood* i feel i've taken this shitty hand i've been dealt in life and tried to make the most of it so it's a learning experience and not some sob story i pull out when i want to be "debbie downer."

Hey Tara:

What have you done:

Lets see:

1. Educated me in the language of America :lol:

2. Gone on a fabbo holiday and made us a laugh with your adventures. :applaud:

3. Written some amazingly beautiful and honest poetry ... :yes:

4. Pleba - well, need I say more.:lmao:

And that's what you have done just on interference :hug: imagine what you have been doing out there in thre real world!

Tania said:
Hey Tara:

What have you done:

Lets see:

1. Educated me in the language of America :lol:

2. Gone on a fabbo holiday and made us a laugh with your adventures. :applaud:

3. Written some amazingly beautiful and honest poetry ... :yes:

4. Pleba - well, need I say more.:lmao:

And that's what you have done just on interference :hug: imagine what you have been doing out there in thre real world!

:hug: that made me feel a lot better tania!
by the way, you educated me just as much as I educated you:D

Im glad somebody considers my life on pleba an accomplishment:lol: my friends and family think Im just a freak!

oh my, I have the worst stomach ache. i didnt really eat all day and then I had dinner:huh: I feel like Im gonna pop!
Im so glad Im working again even though I have to get up at 4 AM. geeze, thats like really close to when I usually go to bed

Well, seeing as I have been the only U2 freak in my family for most of my life, I know exactly what you mean....

My stomach feels much the same - too much chocolate, cake, more chocolate, more cake.... Oh what a delicious way to go!:lol:

Hello, Hello:wave:

And how is eveyone this fine evening?

Well, four of the nicest people you know, and I, have sat around drinking for the last 3 hours (though they started much earlier than I) and solved all the problems of the universe. There is only one left and that is where we put the answers!

<<..... Slumps back into couch with bad case of head spins and wonders if anyone is around.....>>>

:yawn: ** Hobbles into the bar with a mug of coffee and a towel wrapped around my head **

Hey Tania, you'll have to whisper the answers to me when you get a chance. :D
I'm taking a sick day from work today. :(
I was invited to wrestling practice this morning at my brother's school by a student of his. So after all this time, I figured that I would go to practice, shower up and then head to work. Figuring the couple of hours of vacation time would be worth it... well...
I just took the longest shower of my life! It has been 3 years since I stepped in a wrestling room and I became dehydrated quite quickly. WAIT! It's not all bad, it's just that I'm more tired than I thought I would be. That and my eyes are burning because I took my contacts out half-way through practice (1 kept popping out) and the saline solution did nothing to actually rehydrate the lenses. If anything, it just made them slick but did not hydrate them. I have glasses on now, and they are still burning. :yikes:
Anyway, part of the reason that I came in was that my brother had been hyping my wrestling ability and I figured that I would go ahead and give it a shot and see what happened. For a little bit of back-story. My brother and I are totally different wrestlers. Our style very much mimics our personalities, I think. My brother tackles issues head on and wrestles in much the same way. I look at an issue then try to find the best way to solve it with the least amount of impact to everything around it (i.e. easiest :huh: )
My brother is humble enough now to admit that I'm the better wrestler between the two, which is probably not true, especially given the fact that he's coaching and presumably getting better, and I'm not! Anyway, he has told his wrestlers that I'm better then him, and so one hopes that they don't stink up the joint upon arrival. I stretched out well, so I will be sore but not injured, but the more practice went on the more my head began to hurt and eventually I had to leave because I was actually feeling sick!
On to the good news part of this. Before the headache began, I stepped in during live wrestling. The kid that chose to be on top was pretty strong, so I really didn't know what I was going to be in for. I started on bottom, but quickly escaped and then we were back on our feet in the neutral position. Did I tell you he was strong? Anyway we moved around a bit, feeling one another out, and then I honestly can't remember what happened next, but it ended up where I had threw him to his back and had him there for 10 seconds before he rolled out of it. The kid was so strong he used more muscle than leverage and I was just getting tired just keeping him there. I found out later that he's probably the best kid on the team, which earned me instant credibility among the other kids. My brother told me afterward that one of the wrestlers who was watching the match, told him "Your brother is Awe--Some!" Boy, that feels good! And my brother was proud of me I think. Which also feels good. Growing up, all I wanted to do was beat him. With a 3.5 year age difference, it's hard to catch up in a lot of areas, and he is a physically larger person, but I might be a better athlete.
I'm disappointed that I didn't have more stamina out there, but it's good that you don't lose your skills. It's too bad that their practices are hard for me to get to. It would be great to back in teaching and wrestling again. So, I guess I'd say that I feel good inside, but my outside needs some work. More pushups please!
Later, when my eyes stop burning and I get some rest, I'll go out and do some post-christmas shopping. I am in need of Jeans and beer. Can't leave beer discussions out of the Octagon, now can we?
I hope everyone's Christmas was wonderful :hug:

Hi Moonie :wave: I saw you over there! :wink: Nice to see you back here even if for a little bit. God I love your emoticons! :heart:

Och Timbo, you poor wee lamb....:lol:

I hope you are feeling much better soon. (You have no idea how long it is taking me to type these short sentences:drunk: )

I know how you are feeling. The first time back to playing hockey after :censored: years took me two weeks to recover.:lmao: Man I was pathetic.

I too wear contacts, and it is has been a real eye opener (pardon the pun) this week. Did you know that your blood vessals try to grow into the coloured section of your eye when you wear contacts (lack of oxygen causes the problem) and that if they grow too much it is irreversible blindness? Just don't wear them for too long. (Must learn to take advice).

Anyway, now that I have brought the whole tone of the bar down to doomsville... IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER DRINK (Sorry about the yelling). So what can I get you?

I have to be on a plane in 8 hours. I wish I could get motivated to pack but it is too hot!

What's that U2 song about whispers?

Last edited:
Tania said:
Och Timbo, you poor wee lamb....:lol:

I hope you are feeling much better soon. (You have no idea how long it is taking me to type these short sentences:drunk: )

I know how you are feeling. The first time back to playing hockey after :censored: years took me two weeks to recover.:lmao: Man I was pathetic.

I too wear contacts, and it is has been a real eye opener (pardon the pun) this week. Did you know that your blood vessals try to grow into the coloured section of your eye when you wear contacts (lack of oxygen causes the problem) and that if they grow too much it is irreversible blindness? Just don't wear them for too long. (Must learn to take advice).

Anyway, now that I have brought the whole tone of the bar down to doomsville... IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER DRINK (Sorry about the yelling). So what can I get you?

I have to be on a plane in 8 hours. I wish I could get motivated to pack but it is too hot!

What's that U2 song about whispers?

Numb...
Don't whisper
Don't talk
Don't run if you can walk
Don't cheat, compete
Don't miss the one beat

I'm feeling Numb

Is that the one? Thanks for the tips on my contacts

Nope thats not it but it doesn't matter, the moment has passed.

I so want to go to sleep but must keep going and get everything finished.

I hate being a procastinator but I am not motivated to do anything about it :lmao: Yet!

hey everyone!:wave:
I watched high fidelity last night. jack black is a riot:laugh:

I have a friggin headache....might need to remedy that with a little alcohol when I get home:wink:
I did good in tips today at work!:hyper:
I might go get some shoes with my tips today since I really need some other ones for work. ones that arent like, dirt encrusted ex-landscaping shoes:eyebrow:
or maybe Ill get a belt since my jeans are falling off my ass
dunno.
see ya!

phew, my parents are cracking crab tonight and it reeks:yuck:
cant stay long, just wanted to say hi and goodnight! gotta work the 5 am shift again tomorrow.
I got signed up for an archaeology class:D Im trying to get smart.
I got vertigo shoes today too. theyre red and black converse:wink:
timmy knows all about my kick ass shoes
hey speaking of kick ass, I work with a pro boxer now and Im gonna try and get him to show me a few things. Ive wanted to learn to box since I was a little kid:hyper:

see ya all later:wave:

u2bonogirl said:
phew, my parents are cracking crab tonight and it reeks:yuck:
cant stay long, just wanted to say hi and goodnight! gotta work the 5 am shift again tomorrow.
I got signed up for an archaeology class:D Im trying to get smart.
I got vertigo shoes today too. theyre red and black converse:wink:
timmy knows all about my kick ass shoes
hey speaking of kick ass, I work with a pro boxer now and Im gonna try and get him to show me a few things. Ive wanted to learn to box since I was a little kid:hyper:

see ya all later:wave:

:sigh: I think I missed her again. She's so fastttttttttttttttttt

:shrug: Boxing, Wrestling, Kickboxing. :hmm: This could be dangerous :yes: But Fun...

Indiana Jones was an archeaologist. Good luck with the whip and fedora :sexywink:

you are going to love your archeology classes - I took around 4 art history/archeology classes in college and loved them (probably an off-shoot from my crush on Indiana Jones come to think out it - smart guys.....with whips :drool: )
I'm thinking about picking up some informatics classes this semester b/c I'm a geek who actually misses school but then again the allure of being able to see U2 within a 5 hour radius of STL might prove to be too tempting to take classes this year

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas!!!!

Pulls out a chilled budweiser product from the stocked bar - since wine and I are no longer on speaking terms - bad wine....make head really hurt....

stay safe everyone:)

***Walks in and runs her finger along the bartop. Dusty as can be. Reaches for her ol' barwench apron and puts it on and starts cleaning. Pours herself a Guinness to sip whille she cleans since the bar is empty***

Tara....I think that's really cool bout the kickboxing. I competed in the international circuit for karate a few years back...I quit after I won the championship in 2000 for my age/weight group but I wish I hadn't...It's a lot of fun. Good luck with that.

**thinks about Indiana Jones with the whip and the fedora**
:drool:

**notices Chrissi's empty bottle of Bud left on the table**
:shame: Naughty girl... :wink:

**sits down and waits for a customer to come in from the cold**
Since nobody else is here...might as well have a smoke and another Guinness....:angel:

Last edited:
Good Work in the Zoo Confessional! ** High Fives Stars! **

:eyebrow: Nice Apron :flirt: Long time no see with that one on. I wonder how our other bar wench is doing? Digsy seems to have quite a neck injury.

Hey, check out my post count :up: I'm nearing the special 1000 plateau :D What do I get when I get there? I want 1000 to be special, so I'll have to think of something special to say. I venture to say that it will probably occur in here unless something else wrests my attention. Maybe I'll just do a little :dance:. Maybe I'll even do it with a girl! :drool: Girls :drool: I can't explain why I like them so much. :hug:

Oh Geez, I'm running out of emoticons. :sad: Yep, that was #10.

I'm going to leave soon to drive home. Fortunately, a lot of people are on vacation so traffic should be light.

Guess what I'm listening to? Give up? I've begun to make playlists of all the U2 albums on my iPod. It mixes the studio albums with singles, live albums and live concerts into one big setlist. I'm only using legally available releases for this.
For example, HTDAAB includes the Album, Fast Cars, Neon Lights, Live in Brooklyn, Vertigo Remixes, Unreleased Songs and Alternate Versions only available on the Complete U2. For good measure I've Included THTBA and Electrical Storm instead of having a separate Best Of playlist. I haven't decided on whether I'm going to keep Time Enough For Tears on here as well... I'm debating on whether songs covered by other's make it on or not. Opinions?Oh and I've also included That's Life by Bono.

Later gators :wave:

hey people! rebekah you came round:wink: Normally I catch you in pleba nowadays
Im starting the archaeology class on the third. I have to go an hour away to pick up 80$ worth of used books:huh:
that is in close vicinity to best buy also known as a place that has the iPod.....dangerous ground Im treading on here.
I havent eaten all day:crazy: but I had a good day at work.
I called my boss about ten different demeaning names and made him throw away a resignation letter that was making him mad.
long story. short version: this lady left it on the door and it made him really mad. every time he looked at it he just simmered. so I made him chuck it.:yes:

Is Digsy still MIA?! :sad:

Tara...'scuse my ignorance...you're done with HS school right? This class is for college right? I'm "special" I know.

Tim! *high fives him back* We make a good team 'eh? :wink:

Last edited:
Hey, I'm here trying to teach my poor mother how to use the computer I brought her...:rolleyes: Seriously, if we could have made that a scene for a movie it would have been hysterical but I was about ready to throttle the woman....I love my mother to pieces but my God woman, it's not that hard!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom