The Octagon Bar: Tell Us Your Lousy Ticketing Story and Drink Free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:censored: *Wakes up with a start*

:lol: Timbo!

Me Ma and I get on really well thank you for asking. (Who wouldn't get on with a little mad Irish woman known for her love of partying!:laugh: )

How are you this fine Australia Day?

Well, someone actually did say they were disappointed that the Turkey/Greece area didn't get a show. If I don't get one, Istanbul, here I come!
Back to bed to fight this f:censored:g virus.

:hug: Verte, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Lots of fluids will help.

*Chants Octagon Mantra*

Tough and Resourceful, Tough and Resourceful!

Hi Tania :wave: and anyone else.

The bar has been slow the past 24 hours; I think most of use are disappointed with the presale and I stopped in here but was very negative and left b/c I didn't want to bring everyone down even more.

Pax and DaveC are working together this Sat. to try and get GA for Philly, and so are Rebekah, myself, and Chizip...we'll buy as many as we can get. Hopefully one of us will luck out, right?! :up:

Tania said:
:censored: *Wakes up with a start*

:lol: Timbo!

Me Ma and I get on really well thank you for asking. (Who wouldn't get on with a little mad Irish woman known for her love of partying!:laugh: )

How are you this fine Australia Day?

:madspit: My whole freaking reply just got lost because of too many emoticons! I was in a fine mood until then! :laugh:

Still in a fine mood, but I don't feel like reproducing all I wrote. :huh:

April (LarryMullen's_POPAngel) and my friend Meghan are also trying for GA in Philly. With any luck, we'll have an extra or two for folks who'd like GA but couldn't get it.

yes, if any of us are successful we should buy as many as they'll allow, b/c tons of people need them so it's not like they'll be hard to get rid of and we can all help each other out :up:

Hey Everybody:

I really hope you are all able to get the tickets you want. The whole situation seems to be such a mess.

Anyway.... (points over shoulder). That's why I found this nice comfy couch. Just lie down for a minute and the nice man in the white coat will come and have a liddle chat wid you about all your problems (Cue's Tim:wink:)

*Aside for Timbo: paraphrase will be fine:lol: )

Tania said:

*Aside for Timbo: paraphrase will be fine:lol: )

I started out talking about Australia day and how I'm ignorant on it, but thought that it must be like our Independence day, then I thought that my 4th of July should be really good because it will be with Tara, and then I was thinking how good a year this was going to be and it just got started :D and then I was thinking that although I was disappointed by the ticket fiasco, that Tara's reaction was just really cool and helped make it less disappointing. She told me that at the least we'll be holding each other at a U2 concert, and so if I don't get GA tickets, I won't be bitter because I've got a great ally by my side. :hug:
:shifty: It's hard to paraphrase all that , but I just did. :reject:

:wave: Hello other ladies :wave:

I'll be trying for GA tickets too, and hopefully I'll get them, but if I don't, put me in the back of the line of Octagonians, but the front of the line for other fans :D I can tell that others were much more upset by not getting GA than I (for the reasons I stated above)

We'd have quite a blast in the GA line together, and we'll definitely visit you if we don't get tickets for it. Otherwise, we'll be driving up early from DC. :yes:

:wave:

Hey my beautiful ones! I'm feeling much better about yesterday's situation. I'm going to try again for better seats over the weekend but if it doesn't pan out, then I accept that it wasn't meant to be.

Tania, a meditation room would be a wonderful addition to the bar!!! I'm very excited about your idea; sometimes a little peace and quiet is all we need--I know the mods who look after FYM would love to have a meditation room.

Big :hug: and :kiss: to all of you! It's a beautiful day today and no matter how good or bad we feel, we're all blessed to still be here.

With that in mind lets drink! I'll have the usual---a little Baileys on my coffee and a scone! I'm so living on the edge. :)

U2democrat said:
Sitting here in statistics...with the worst teacher i have ever had...and she's wearing leather pants....:yikes: Spare me the horror!!!!!!!

:lmao:

I don't think I could concentrate if I had a bad teacher who was wearing leather pants. I would probably start snickering...

I had a bad stat teacher once too. He was from Slovenia and he would lick his lips and say "Does this whet your appetite?"

Oh yeah baby, nothing whets my appetite more than standard deviations...

<-------loves to deviate! :ohmy:

it's seriously frightening. she's going from table to table trying to help people who have questions, the only problem is if you have a question her answer will only confuse you more!!!! :huh:

hmm, i actually quite liked math at school :reject:
hey, i'll hapily do your homework for you :lol:

U2democrat said:
it's seriously frightening. she's going from table to table trying to help people who have questions, the only problem is if you have a question her answer will only confuse you more!!!! :huh:

Oh no! That situation reminds me of this FRIENDS episode:

Before.....
511-10.jpg

After.....
511-22.jpg

:lol: that would be nice. :up:

i'm so tired. :sigh: i hardly slept last night (that time of the month, you know. :rolleyes: ). as soon as next week is over that means exams will be over and i'll be much happier and less stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom