The Octagon Bar: Straight Outta Dublin, Yo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
but on an up note my photography teacher is lending me about 10 U2 bootleg CDs that i can burn!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Very cool teacher indeed! :up:

u2bonogirl said:
:sexywink: I wouldnt mind that title either considering what prince william looks like
But I think I would rather have the title of Queen of Tim and Tara's kingdom, also known as a townhouse in suburbia :wink:

On a second note - I don't think that royalty-stuff is anything for me! :tsk: I've seen how the press treats the royals at home...
It's too much! :shame: I don't want to live a life like that... :|

Queen Tara! I :bow: to Her Majesty of The Townhouse in Suburbia! :wink:

Btw, I think I might need a new 'location'... :hmm:

There! A new 'location'! :D

...same as a certain someone :flirt:

:yikes: and I would never want to get treated how our "royalty" Mr. Bush gets treated here.....
But at home I get treated like a beloved queen
I just got done vaccuuming my dominion and the royal leather livingroom throne.
It took 20 minutes to get 3/4 of the royal pet hair out of it. Royal pain in the arse :madspit:
And the royal prince Fritz is barking like a madman at the neighbouring kingdoms prince.

Merc said:

On a second note - I don't think that royalty-stuff is anything for me! :tsk: I've seen how the press treats the royals at home...
It's too much! :shame: I don't want to live a life like that... :|

Queen Tara! I :bow: to Her Majesty of The Townhouse in Suburbia! :wink:

Btw, I think I might need a new 'location'... :hmm:

hi folks :wave:

Pax :kiss:

just back from watching the Live 8 press conference.

ewen said:
hi folks :wave:

Pax :kiss:

just back from watching the Live 8 press conference.

Hi Ewen! :wave:

That press conference - do you think I could find it anywhere on the net? :huh: If Bob Geldof was there I'd very much like to see it... :|

Geldof was there along with Midge Ure, Elton John, Richard Curtis. Bono called by phone but I missed that bit because of the news channel I was watching it on.

anyway, it's five shows (London, Philly, Rome, Paris and Berlin) on July 2nd. U2 are playing at London along with REM, Paul McCartney, The Stereophonics, Madonna, Muse, Keane, Robbie Williams, Coldplay, Annie Lennox, Scissor Sisters, etc.

Edited to add:
Tickets are free. For London they will be 'won' by texting the answer to a question revealed on radio and newspapers at 8am on Monday. Unlimited tries, £1.50 per text. Winners will be chosen randomly and will receive two tickets.

Last edited:
FREE tickets? Even with having to pay the equivalent of $3 USD for a text message, that's still unbelievable for all those acts.

I bought this lovely chocolate candle yesterday and brought it in to work...I've lit it and my workspace smells all nice and chocolatey. :cute:

As Geldof states, it's not for money but awareness. Just like the ONE campaign or MPH over here. The shows will be sponsored to cover costs. Millions of people will text for the chance of tickets, and more than once too, so I'd guess it will still make a lot of money if you think about it. it's a clever way to distribute them.

Last edited:
Good point. I hope people do take some action before or after the concerts, and the ONE campaign makes it so easy--e-mailing your elected representatives and urging them to vote for legislation that would help the cause in Africa, for example. It takes a matter of moments and the more people who commit to something that easy, the better.

:kiss:

Don't misunderstand me - it's great that they're doing this if it can help make some awareness! :up:

I just don't understand Bob Geldof - I respect him, very much :bow:... I just don't understand him right now!

pax said:
Good point. I hope people do take some action before or after the concerts, and the ONE campaign makes it so easy--e-mailing your elected representatives and urging them to vote for legislation that would help the cause in Africa, for example. It takes a matter of moments and the more people who commit to something that easy, the better.

:kiss:

tens of thousands, hopefully hundreds of thousands, of people are expected in Edinburgh to voice their concern from July 2nd for the week of the G8. a human ring will be formed around the city.

i can accomodate up to two people on the living room floor of my small apartment in the centre of Edinburgh (i have sleeping bags and tea :) ).

:hug: Pax :hug:

*softly massages the area*

:(

wish i could do something for real :(

where's your medication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom