The Octagon Bar: Straight Outta Dublin, Yo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Hello gang! :wave:

ewen said:
I think I'll make the Danish an offer on it. Maybe one they can't refuse.

:no: We've sold enough of our colonies - we're not selling Greenland to the Scottish, that much I know! :tsk:

:wink:

Merc said:

:no: We've sold enough of our colonies - we're not selling Greenland to the Scottish, that much I know! :tsk:

Why not? Think how cute it would look, all the Highland cows and sheep (genetically engineered to thrive in the tundra) wandering around Greenland...

We're going to move there, take it over, and institute very stringent citizenship exams consisting entirely of questions related to October.

Merc said:
:wave: Hello gang! :wave:

you've seen The Godfather, aye?

what part of "i'll make them an offer they can't refuse" did you not understand? :wink:

This is not negotiable, Greenland is mine! besides, you lot have to either go around or over Scotland to get to it! :tongue: :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Hi Lara. :wave:

*blasts Achtung Baby at full blast*

hi april. :wave:

i had some jaffa cakes yesterday and thought of you. :up:

pax said:
Everybody who likes to drink, flirt, and have a nice chat is welcome in the Bar! :up:

You'll have to flirt in here too...? :huh:

Better get LB in here next time he's online then! :flirt: :giggle:

pax said:
Why not? Think how cute it would look, all the Highland cows and sheep (genetically engineered to thrive in the tundra) wandering around Greenland...

We're going to move there, take it over, and institute very stringent citizenship exams consisting entirely of questions related to October.

:lmao:

Now, you just watch it! :shame:

I don't think it would take much to bring our fighting viking genes alive again - if it were nessesary... :shifty:

ewen said:
you've seen The Godfather, aye?

what part of "i'll make them an offer they can't refuse" did you not understand? :wink:

This is not negotiable, Greenland is mine! besides, you lot have to either go around or over Scotland to get to it! :tongue: :wink:

The entire part! :madspit:

As I said, you'd better watch out, or Scotland will be Danish again! :yes: :wink:

23596tartanland.jpg

Look! Ewen's already transplanted some cows and put a flag! What on Earth are the Danish doing with Greenland?

There's a U.S. Navy weather station there, I think. :hmm:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ Ewens Greenland map!

Alright, you can have it then! :shrug:

As long as you promise me to keep the dog sledges, the "kaffe-mik" and Father Christmas! :yes:

Deal? :wink:

pax said:
Look! Ewen's already transplanted some cows and put a flag! What on Earth are the Danish doing with Greenland?

There's a U.S. Navy weather station there, I think. :hmm:

Well, what is it that you say - "Finders keepers"? :wink:

Yes, The USA have "The Thule Airbase" in Greenland... but let's not get into that! :| :tsk:

Don't worry, we'll be kicking the Navy back to Labrador when we take over Greenland. :up:

It's all going to be okay, Merc. Just you wait. :hug: You can still hang out there...

Merc said:

Yes, The USA have "The Thule Airbase" in Greenland... but let's not get into that! :| :tsk:

:|

We've changed our minds, you can keep it.

23596tartanland2.jpg

Why don't we just take over the airbase, too? The U.S. already has 8 bazillion airbases elsewhere. Besides, we could use it as the airport to fly in all our friends who'll be wanting to visit.

pax said:
Don't worry, we'll be kicking the Navy back to Labrador when we take over Greenland. :up:

It's all going to be okay, Merc. Just you wait. :hug: You can still hang out there...

I don't know really... I'm still a bit sceptical! :shifty: :wink:

I'm going out grocery shopping, to the post office and a few other things...

You're sure you don't want me to send some original hand knitted wollen Norwegian socks over to you, Ewen? :giggle:

Later! :wave:

u2bonogirl said:

Thats my favorite tea. I sell it at work and get it for free :D
Im drinking tazo right now!
*sets her starbucks cup on the counter and rips off her work shirt*
Re-lax, I have a shirt on underneath it :sexywink:

:ohmy:

:banghead: I can't believe I have to be at work :banghead:

:sexywink:

:hmm: I thought that Tea Box was familiar :yes:

Can't wait to get a tea pot from our wedding swag

As it stands, we don't have a Pot to Tea in! :laugh:

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

:reject: Who me? :eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist a good play on words :rolleyes:

** Is much too delighted with myself for discovering that one :| **

:lol:
Tim appreciates the fact that I appreciate his sense of humor
What can I say, I think everything he does is adorable
Yes, :yuck: :yuck: loveydovey crap :D

Hey Timmy, I told the new guy at work aaaaaallll about you and our wedding.
*gives him a kiss on the cheek*

did you add us to the octagon map?

u2bonogirl said:

Tim appreciates the fact that I appreciate his sense of humor
What can I say, I think everything he does is adorable
Yes, :yuck: :yuck: loveydovey crap :D

Hey Timmy, I told the new guy at work aaaaaallll about you and our wedding.
*gives him a kiss on the cheek*

did you add us to the octagon map?

I just added you :up: I put you as close to me as I could. They wouldn't let me put you on top of me :shrug: :wink: :silent:

Time to go to lunch. Have phone standing by! :hug:

Okay, I'm going home for lunch, and then when I come back I have a meeting with the good ol' digital asset manager :hyper: :| , so I won't be back for a while. But it was a fun morning in the Bar--annexing Greenland (then giving it back), musing about Ewen's socks again, posting pictures of supercool women in the "hot chicks" thread...

See you all later this afternoon. :wave:

:kiss: x 1,000,000 for Ewen

JOB VACANCY: BAR PIMP

Since Dave has gone into (temporary / permanent?) retiral as bar pimp, a vacancy seems to have arrisen in this, umm, position.

no formal qualifications or past experience required, however applicants that are shy will be wasting their and the clientele's time. You must be willing to fulfill the needs of wanten women (or men - please provide details) that coming knocking at The Octagon.

If you feel that you can, umm, stand up to the challenge that this demanding, but possibly rewarding, position provides then please apply directly to Dave, who will take a close look at your particulars and assess your suitability for the position.

^^

Or maybe Alan should apply...? :hmm: :sexywink: If he got the position ( :shifty: ) we'd probably see him in here more often! :giggle:

**Grabs a coke and goes into the kitchen to cook dinner**

And don't you dare taking over Greenland while I'm away! :shame: You know who I'm talking about... :eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom