The Octagon Bar: Pitch Your Tents Here Underneath Giant Nordic Mooseheads - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #286
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 01:08 PM
nice...
__________________

__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:39 AM   #287
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
You know you're in the Octagon Bar too much when a girl walks by and you think "Hey, she looks like April."

I just totally missed this post.
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:40 AM   #288
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
i had two very different dreams last night:

first i had a dream that i met roy williams (unc coach) and was gushing going on and on about how great the championship game was and how happy i was for him and and as i was going on and on he was going "aww...shucks...thanks."
now, that dream wasn't very far from reality, it's alot like something that would actually happen.

however i then had a dream that the actor liev schreiber (i really really like him...he was in the manchurian candidate) went into my parents closet with a baseball bat. he covered the baseball bat with some flammable substance, hung it from the ceiling, and then lit it on fire. i was the only one home and i heard something going on and he had gone downstairs so i ran down and tackled him (he's 6'2"...i'm 5'2" but i somehow tackled him...). after i had tackled him and then stood up he got on his knees and begged me to forgive him for being bad...

Weird, Laura!

I think Liev is a hottie.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #289
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel



Weird, Laura!

I think Liev is a hottie.
very much so... i posted many pics of him in the sexiest men thread in PLEBAns.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #290
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax
The decimal point?

Seriously?
yup, John Napier, Edinburgh. He's also the guy that came up with Logarithms.



looked a fun guy to be around.

My old University was named after him....that would be Napier University then. His old tower is still standing at the campus I used to attend.....he'd spend intolerable hours in there, designing what this decimal point would end up looking like, to finally come up with ---------> . <-------



okay, i made that very, very last bit up!
__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 AM   #291
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Great Beyond//
Posts: 8,637
Local Time: 01:08 PM
^ Its true you do learn something new everyday.
__________________
Mullen4Prez is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #292
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen


yup, John Napier, Edinburgh. He's also the guy that came up with Logarithms.



looked a fun guy to be around.

My old University was named after him....that would be Napier University then. His old tower is still standing at the campus I used to attend.....he'd spend intolerable hours in there, designing what this decimal point would end up looking like, to finally come up with ---------> . <-------



okay, i made that very, very last bit up!


Yeah, I think he fecked it all up. It should have been a decimal square instead

** Fetches York Peppermint Patty from the bottom of my lunch bag and chases it with some peppermint schnapps **
__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 AM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 08:08 AM
he didn't actually literally inventent the dot!

he introduced the decimal notation for fractions.


EDITED TO ADD: i posted this before seeing Tim's posting.
__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:55 AM   #294
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen
he didn't actually literally inventent the dot!

he introduced the decimal notation for fractions.
Don't spoil a good joke! This one has the potential of being one of those one's that you might hear again in a few months on the GA line as someone flexes their Scottish knowledge and spouts off about the inventor of the decimal point is that Napier fellow.

Edited to be better understood: I lack Napier like Wit, so I edited it.
__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #295
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Oh, ew tew.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsforu2


Don't spoil a good joke! This one has the potential of being one of those one's that you might hear again in a few months on the GA line as someone flexes their Scottish knowledge and spouts off about the inventor of the decimal point that there Rapier fellow. Very very witty!

It's true what they say....Chinese Whispers. The inventor of the decimal point has already had a name change!


__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #297
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsforu2




Yeah, I think he fecked it all up. It should have been a decimal square instead

** Fetches York Peppermint Patty from the bottom of my lunch bag and chases it with some peppermint schnapps **

It should of been the decimal kangaroo. i think more kids would have enjoyed mathematics more if it was something a bit more fun.


123 + 52 = 175
__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 10:04 AM   #298
pax
ONE
love, blood, life
 
pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ewen's new American home
Posts: 11,412
Local Time: 09:08 AM
kangaroos

Can I interpret that as a bid of 3 kangaroos for my 8000th post?
__________________
and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time


Join Amnesty.
pax is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax
kangaroos

Can I interpret that as a bid of 3 kangaroos for my 8000th post?
i'll bid you one of these:




don't be feared folks....it's only a harmless, wee (umm) Highland cow
__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #300
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen



It should of been the decimal kangaroo. i think more kids would have enjoyed mathematics more if it was something a bit more fun.


123 + 52 = 175
Make. It. Stop. No more wild animals in the bar! We're still cleaning up after those damned Ewes!

** Takes a break to check the countdown until my wedding day **

Hey! It's only 100 417 days until my wedding day
__________________

__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com