The Octagon Bar: Pitch your tents here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Night guys:wave:

Off to get a coupla hours sleep before need to get up and see what exciting things have been happening in Interland.:hug:

Be good, and if not, be careful:sexywink:

starsgoblue said:
Lol, ok well I'm off to pay my rent and drop off a job application. Then I'm treating myself to some Thai takeout. :drool:

:drool: mmmm, thai food
they make some good stuff:yes:
but NEVER order spicy! :crazy:

Hey everybody:wave:
I was just popping by to see whats happening in the land of the food-fighting drunks:lol:

*peeks around*
no tim? :madspit:
:reject:

*obtains a bottle of merlot and saunters out the door*
*thwack!*
mmm, right, you have to ooooopen it first
its one of those days for me:rolleyes:

its totally fcked - long story cut short...

my best friend has started going out with a girl who spent the better part of last year slagging me off to anyone who would listen - friends, colleagues, random cab drivers and especially him! she loathes me and we have a bit of a flaky history which he is very involved in and knows all about.
the guys meant to be my best friend and hes happy to not only tolerate that from her but go out his way to step smack into the middle of it and listen to (accept even) it
i would never consider tolerating anyone i know slag him off the way she has me because he's my best mate and its a massive slap in the face thats he's starting a relationship with her

am i being unreasonable??

**Puts Undertones - Teenage Kicks on the jukebox and drags Digsy and Laura onto the dancefloor**

:dance:
ura.gif

"..I wanna hold her wanna hold her tight
Get teenage kicks right through the night.."

:wink: :happy:

enajh2 said:
**Puts Undertones - Teenage Kicks on the jukebox and drags Digsy and Laura onto the dancefloor**

ura.gif

"..I wanna hold her wanna hold her tight
Get teenage kicks right through the night.."

:wink: :happy:

:D

it's understandable but without knowing a full story and not really knowing you, that girl or your best mate it's difficult to really make a comment. i try and look at the bigger picture and see everyone's point of view. but, taking your side, since i know you on interference, then yeah that would suck big time if he's being with a girl that's aparently your nemesis. If she's the big cow you say she is (i'm just sitting on the fence) then he'll discover that and i'm sure the apologese will come your way when he realises your friendship is more important. I get it often, as most people do, not liking my friend's partner but i just let them get on with it....i don't want to cause any friction between myself and my friend and lose the friendship because really i'm trying to protect them. you know, people do get blinded by love and friendships tend to get blurry. i hear what your saying about her being nasty and stuff but if he's not going to listen to you and it's as bad as you say i'd really question the friendship to start with. i dunno, random mumblings from me. sorry about your news, we'll cheer you up.

ewen said:
it's understandable but without knowing a full story and not really knowing you, that girl or your best mate it's difficult to really make a comment. i try and look at the bigger picture and see everyone's point of view. but, taking your side, since i know you on interference, then yeah that would suck big time if he's being with a girl that's aparently your nemesis. If she's the big cow you say she is (i'm just sitting on the fence) then he'll discover that and i'm sure the apologese will come your way when he realises your friendship is more important. I get it often, as most people do, not liking my friend's partner but i just let them get on with it....i don't want to cause any friction between myself and my friend and lose the friendship because really i'm trying to protect them. you know, people do get blinded by love and friendships tend to get blurry. i hear what your saying about her being nasty and stuff but if he's not going to listen to you and it's as bad as you say i'd really question the friendship to start with. i dunno, random mumblings from me. sorry about your news, we'll cheer you up.

the history is he's my best mate but is also been madly in love with for ages (not boasting its true and this is the first time its a problem) he used and abused this girl ages ago, she blamed me and so the slagging off started. i was there to pick up the pieces when he got hell from her and hell from work (they worked together) and it was all falling apart. we've spent the past 6 months now taking the piss out of it (it became a bit of a joke between us once everythign cleared up) even up untill a month ago. And then one thing changed... i started seeing someone recently and this i can only presume is his knee jerk reaction to that. i won't go so far as to say its spite but its definitely a rebound/wind me up thing. i know it is because he's being all smug about it.
i dont know what to do - i'm trying to turn it around and no where in my brain can i see myself purposefully going out and starting a relationship with someone my best friend has been at the receiving end of so much crap from? it jsut doesnt make sense
and its not like he found some girl in a bar and started a relationship with her adn then i decided i didn't like her - that wouldnt be my place to say so. but this is someone who he has a massive history with, who i used to get along with till he shagged and dumped her and then she streted slagging me off.
hes fully aware of how i feel about her before he started this now, thats what pisses me off

Gah, it's nighttime where you are. :(

:: eliminates pesky time zones between East Coast U.S. and UK so that pax and ewen can be awake at the same time ::

paxetaurora said:
Gah, it's nighttime where you are. :(

:: eliminates pesky time zones between East Coast U.S. and UK so that pax and ewen can be awake at the same time ::

:hug::kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom