The Octagon Bar: Off life support, still alive and kicking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was a Year Ago Yesterday....

1 Year ago, I started my first thread here on Interference entitled "I'm Single"

but that's not important right now. I just needed a headline so that I could start my own post and ask a question that I've had for over 7 years.
Back during the heady Wire days of 1997, I always wondered if anyone had met and become married because of their mutual U2 love.
So, does anyone know of any couples who met and fell in love (and married) because of U2?

Meeting on-line, meeting at a concert, record show, pen-pal, propaganda, it all counts.

Or is it simply to much to have two U2 lovers in the same family?Or perhaps the U2 link is only a very small part of us, and therefore it isn't strong enough alone to bind two together.

Or maybe this is an escape from the real world?

Most of you know what has happened next. The Octagon Bar was created and is still running, albeit on life support. :wink:

My question was answered a year ago tomorrow. On that day, U2bonogirl walked in to see what all the hubbub was about. So thanks to Interference and all the Octagoners who made this place interesting enough to revisit thousands of times over the last year. :applaud:

And I also hope that all the other young lovers who met here have as much success as we've had and that the friends that have been made will continue on.

** Raises a glass to the entire cast of lovers, misfits, regulars and passerbys **

As usual drinks are on the house, and your choices are only limited by your imagination. May a new group of folks add to today's regulars and build the bar back up to it's former glory.

*** Begins to walk out the door and looks back into the bar ***

I think this place could hop again with a fresh coat of paint and a little effort. It was at it's best when it captured your imagination and you saw the hole in the wall to the new addition, hammocks, hot tubs, construction workers, back rooms and bar stools. I think those things are what attracted the romantics and the dreamers.

*** Vertigo begins playing ***

Ahhh good times! :wave:

starsforu2 said:

1 Year ago, I started my first thread here on Interference entitled "I'm Single"

Most of you know what has happened next. The Octagon Bar was created and is still running, albeit on life support. :wink:

My question was answered a year ago tomorrow. On that day, U2bonogirl walked in to see what all the hubbub was about. So thanks to Interference and all the Octagoners who made this place interesting enough to revisit thousands of times over the last year. :applaud:

And I also hope that all the other young lovers who met here have as much success as we've had and that the friends that have been made will continue on.

** Raises a glass to the entire cast of lovers, misfits, regulars and passerbys **

As usual drinks are on the house, and your choices are only limited by your imagination. May a new group of folks add to today's regulars and build the bar back up to it's former glory.

I think this place could hop again with a fresh coat of paint and a little effort. It was at it's best when it captured your imagination and you saw the hole in the wall to the new addition, hammocks, hot tubs, construction workers, back rooms and bar stools. I think those things are what attracted the romantics and the dreamers.

a year ago :ohmy:

well a toast to the Octagon bar and the many shapes and forms it's taken over the last 12 months

thanks for making this place Tim, i know I haven't been a regular for a while but it holds many happy memory of sleepless nights as i stayed up having a laugh with people all round the world in times zones obscure to my own.

Octagon bar was what caught my imagination on interference and because of that I've stuck about here and had some great times with interferencers online and in the real world too.

and to tim and tara - the original Octagon bar couple. who would have thought it would turn out so well!

Cheers everyone
*raises glass*

Well, I am new to the bar, but it sounds like people have had some fun times here - cheers everyone!:wink:

Yeah it is...I asked a mod to change it, i guess they don't read this thread :huh:

Good to see you and Tim back in here :D

OH do I have a story about Tim Kaine for you. I'll PM you, it's a good'un :sexywink:

**Walks in to the tones of Sgt. Pepper playing from the jukebox...**

It was twenty years ago today... :dance:

Well, not twenty years alright, but... :wink:

Oh, the good old days of The Octagon bar - can't believe I've been comming in here for a year now! :shifty: LOL!

Tim and Digs :hug: for your sweet posts! :yes:

And many more :hug:s to all the wonderful and funny people I've "met" here (and to the one 'Goner I've met in real life :flirt: - really wishes that a big Octagon get-together in The real life Octagon will come true some day! :D) over the last year!

I'm sitting here and getting all nostalgic, thinking about all the crazy things that have happend over the last year here in the bar...

Well, off with the horns on with the show - asa wise man once said! :wink:

**Goes behind bar desk and fixes a triple Jameson-something drink**

Cheers! To all the Octagoners - thanks for everything! :D

**Jumps out on dancefloor**

a first birthday deserves a drink or two or three:wink:

what a year:D

goes behind the bar and mixes up a diet coke and rum - heavy on the rum (just got off call so its all good)

hugs and pixie dust for the original octagoners out there :hug:

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

*raises her glass*
Cheers!

To many a good time, more sleepless nights then I care to count, and good friends. :heart:

:hug:s

And of course, I'll raise another glass to you and Tara. The original Octagon couple! :cute:

Now, who thinks we should party? :D

Get up off of that thang
and dance til you feel better
get up offa that thang...

:dance:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Now, who thinks we should party? :D

**Raises hand**

ME! :wink:

:hmm: As I remember, we once had a cardborad Bono and a cardboard Edge, but what about... :hmm: ...

**Runs into storage room and finds the cardboard guitar tech**

:shifty:

**Puts "Hothouse Flowers" on the jukebox, jumps out on dancefloor with cardboard guitar tech and starts dancing close... :flirt:**

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh, I can do you one better than Cardboard my dear.....

*disappears behind bar*
*rummaging sounds......random objects being thrown every which way*

AHA!
*pulls out some crazy holographic projector thingamajig*

*snaps fingrs*

That's right folks, even better than the real thing!

Bono. :love:

Bar magic :drool:

*grabs B and pulls him onto the dance floor*

~BrightestStar~ said:
Merc, my dear, I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of properly conversing with you before!

Nice to meet you.
:)

Can I buy you a drink?

Honestly, I can't remember either if we've talked before... :reject: I mix a lot of the Octagon-names together! :huh:

It's nice meeting you too, BS! :yes:

Well, you can buy my any kind of drink, as long as it's something including Jameson! :wink:

Okay girls, I'm off to bed now... :yawn:

**Walks out of bar with cardboard tech under arm... :flirt:**

:wave:

For Dis
11.gif

Back
Top Bottom