The Octagon Bar: It's the First New Bar of April! Hammocks for All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea. Ewen's hosting his on his own website somehow or other, but if you Google "countdowns," you can get sites that will let you put in 2 dates (e.g. today's date and your last day of school) and then will give you the number of days, hours, whatever between them.

**Walking across the street in the rain and into the bar**

:tsk:

**Walks up to the desk**

Give me something to drink, whatever, I don't care... :shrug:

**Sits down on a bar chair and starts to :rant: about her bank**

[rant] :angry: It's unbelieveable - do you have to be stupid to get a job in a bank? Or have they just put the most incompetent people in the whole world to take care of my money? :scream:[/rant]

(No offence ment to any of the bar gang how might have friends or family working in a bank! I just needed to :rant:, that's all!)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
*rustles up a Guinness for Merc

Sorry to hear about that, girl.

Thanks - much appriciated! :up:

u2bonogirl said:
*pats dorthe on the back*
hey hun, I got fecked by somebody at a bank once that didnt know what they were doing.
Maybe the person was training and wasnt quite comfortable in their job yet?

I that case the entire bank is training... :|

... they just don't understand that being in a foreign country without money is a rather urgent situation! :eyebrow:

... and now you're making me all :sad:, that I don't get to meet any of you on this tour! :hug:

Please excuse my swinging mood - it must be the rain! :lol:

pax said:
It rained for about 3 days here--I know how that is.

another :hug:

I live on the west-coast of Norway - it's supposed to rain everyday all year around... :lol:

edited to add: ... and it usually does! :huh:

**Takes a drink of her Guinness**

Merc said:

I live on the west-coast of Norway - it's supposed to rain everyday all year around... :lol:

edited to add: ... and it usually does! :huh:

**Takes a drink of her Guinness**

When I lived in Oregon it was like that. Rain rain rain. Except for the time leading up to my move. It was seventy degrees in january with no rain or clouds :shrug: go figure

u2bonogirl said:
I have moody days.....ask Tim :wink: I at least warned him before we met.
The sun is out and brightly shining here, come on over

:hmm: Maybe I should warn LB... :shifty:

:giggle:

Oh, I'd love to take some vacation in the US - hope I can go sometime when I graduate... :D

Hey Merc, if we can't help you with the bank we can help you get smashed:laugh:

Best suggestion I ever heard for weather "blues" is to have a really bright wall hanging (a friend put a fantastic sarong up on her wall), turn the heater up really high, throw on a lei and grass skirt (or another sarong if no grass skirt immediately to hand) and put on some "hawaiian" music (personally the Beach Boys do well) and there is always the odd pina colada to help. Ta da! Instant summer!

I'm bidding on eBay on a rhinoceros charm for my bracelet. :lmao:

They had a sheep, too, but I didn't like it and the seller looked, in Ewen's words, "dodgy."

u2bonogirl said:

theres always a room for you to crash in Ashburn

:up:

... and the same goes for you, if you're ever going over the pond! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom