The Octagon Bar: Get a Room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2bonogirl said:
:crack:
*Grabs a bottle of scotch from the shelf and pops off the lid*
*Takes a swig and enjoys a :sigh: *
Weddings are incredible :|

Have you considered having an outdoor reception with a potluck dinner, a bunch of mix CDs, and an open bar so no one will know the difference? :hmm:

pax said:

Have you considered having an outdoor reception with a potluck dinner, a bunch of mix CDs, and an open bar so no one will know the difference? :hmm:

Check check and check on open bar, mix CD's and putluck dinner :yes:
Im working on invitations right now, and all this etiquette is getting on my nerves :wink:
Actually all the etiquette for the whole damn thing is getting on my nerves at the moment.
Why cant I just be effing married and get done with it? :lol:
*takes a nother swig and writes some names on envelopes*
Did you know I was supposed to write everybodys middle initials and full names on the invitations?
How the hell am I supposed to know everybodys middle initials? :scratch:

Diemen said:
Well, I'm off to do a little hiking/picture taking. This thread will probably have reached 500 by the time I get back. :mad:

:wink:

If I'm around, I'll open a new one and use your name, all right? :mad:

u2bonogirl said:
How the hell am I supposed to know everybodys middle initials? :scratch:

Can't you just write some random letters? :shrug:

:giggle:

Merc said:

Can't you just write some random letters? :shrug:

:giggle:

:lmao: Yeah, Im sure that would go over real smooth
Maybe I could just put "F" for everybodys middle name
I actually put my grandpas middle initial because I wasnt concentrating when I wrote his name and I started writing the wrong last name :reject:
I tactfully turned it into his middle initial :wink:
Unfortunately even at 90 he can still fricking see so he might notice....

Weddings have become so commercialized and ridiculous. Imagine spending $25,000 on a wedding--well, people do it. :down:

I want my ceremony to be intimate, prayerful, and meaningful. I don't think you need to spend gobs of money to do that. And I'd like to have a big, fun, happy reception with lots of friends and family, and I'd much rather have everyone relaxed and enjoying themselves than having to worry about whether or not I used the right poundage of paper for the place cards. :|

Tara, I hope you and Tim are having fun planning your wedding. I think it should be a fun experience for both of you, and one that brings you both closer together. And don't let all the "wedding" crap let you lose sight of what it's all about. :hug:

(And make sure he's helping you write out those invitations!) :wink:

u2bonogirl said:
:lmao: Yeah, Im sure that would go over real smooth
Maybe I could just put "F" for everybodys middle name
I actually put my grandpas middle initial because I wasnt concentrating when I wrote his name and I started writing the wrong last name :reject:
I tactfully turned it into his middle initial :wink:
Unfortunately even at 90 he can still fricking see so he might notice....

Nah, he'll just be :cute: over that you made it yourself and wont notice that at all! :yes:

pax said:
Tara, I hope you and Tim are having fun planning your wedding. I think it should be a fun experience for both of you, and one that brings you both closer together. And don't let all the "wedding" crap let you lose sight of what it's all about. :hug:

Amen sista! :applaud:

Youre right, weddings have gotten ridiculous :up:
My first wish was that I could have a small wedding but once I realized how many people would be offended (pointed out to me so kindly by my father) if I didnt invite them since I grew up in a small town and lived there my whole life, I had to reconsider.
I really want people to dance and party and have fun at the wedding, I dont want to have to be caught up in little tiny details and be bridezilla hyperventilating in the church bathroom before the wedding. :lol:

Im not going to have Tim write the envelopes. The invitations might get lost in the mail :wink:
But he's definitely doing a great job of helping me and keeping me calm

thanks for the ecouragement ladies :hug:
You rock
pax said:
Weddings have become so commercialized and ridiculous. Imagine spending $25,000 on a wedding--well, people do it. :down:

I want my ceremony to be intimate, prayerful, and meaningful. I don't think you need to spend gobs of money to do that. And I'd like to have a big, fun, happy reception with lots of friends and family, and I'd much rather have everyone relaxed and enjoying themselves than having to worry about whether or not I used the right poundage of paper for the place cards. :|

(And make sure he's helping you write out those invitations!) :wink:

*takes the wedding thoughts out of her head and throws them in the freezer*
*dusts off her hands*
Okay, this girl is done with wedding preparations for now.
Ive been at it in some form or another since eleven thirty and its time for a break

*Goes to do something artistic to unwind*

I just bought 300 stamps :rolleyes: Nothing like paying money in to stay employed.

I hope Tara likes my Stamp choices... This is the part in the wedding movie where the Husband decides that John Wayne stamps would be appreciated by all the older folks. His Bride just looks at him thinking "In what Universe is John Wayne an appropriate Stamp to put on a Wedding Invitation?"

They're not all John Wayne, but they're not Flowers either :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom