The Octagon Bar: Distributing Glaciers Where and When They're Most Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey L.M.P.A.!

And ewen, I've already done all I could about Mellencamp's butt. I figure if I can't beat 'em, join 'em. Although I did turn off displaying user sigs in my profile anyways...:lol:

pax said:

Something else you and Bono have in common, LOL.

I do have that same alergy I'm afraid. My eyes are all puffed up today because of it. If we hadn't kept moving last night then I'd have ended up falling asleep somewhere.

I was horrfied to see cops with machine guns at the airport! I know you may not blink an eyelid in the USA when it comes to guns but here in Scotland it's extremely terrifying. If that's the way we have to live these days, the terrorists have won. :sad:

ewen said:

I was horrfied to see cops with machine guns at the airport! I know you may not blink an eyelid in the USA when it comes to guns but here in Scotland it's extremely terrifying. If that's the way we have to live these days, the terrorists have won. :sad:

I'd very much blink an eye at machine guns! :yikes: Good Lord, things aren't that bad over here. :) Even in JFK and Philadelphia, two very big airports, I've never seen security personnel with machine guns.

ewen said:

I do have that same alergy I'm afraid. My eyes are all puffed up today because of it. If we hadn't kept moving last night then I'd have ended up falling asleep somewhere.

the day before the first london bombings we saw soldiers walking around with machine guns in the paris airport....it's still incredibly unnerving. :hug: we feel your pain.

pax said:

I'd very much blink an eye at machine guns! :yikes: Good Lord, things aren't that bad over here. :) Even in JFK and Philadelphia, two very big airports, I've never seen security personnel with machine guns.

aye, i know they don't have machine guns. my point is, is that our regular cops don't even have hand guns!

love your avatar, Laura :up:

the obligatory French tourist beret.

I've seen national guardsmen with MP5s at the airport before. Also seen them at our state capital. Surprisingly I don't recall seeing any in DC. I didn't take the airport, but used Amtrack, and most of the buildings were guarded either by building security, or secret service and they all had pistols, although I'm sure they kept the heavy stuff close by and there were probably some hidden snipers somewhere at the white house.

I remember when a kid brought a gun to my high school once (thankfully, only once that I ever knew of the whole time I was there). Our not-so-very-young principal actually chased him, wrestled him to the ground, and got the gun off him.

He was a former football coach and something of a badass high school principal. I liked him, though.

LOL, something tells me Ewen might just pop off somewhere else if there were to be a wet t-shirt contest...I doubt it's really our thing.

You kids go on...we're going off to the hot tub. :flirt:

I got Springsteen going on iTunes.

I do my best to live the right way
I get up every morning and go to work each day
But your eyes go blind and your blood runs cold
Sometimes I feel so weak I just wanna explode
Explode, and tear this whole town apart
Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
Find somebody itching for something to start

Well the dogs on Main Street howl
Cause they understand
If I could take one moment