The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet Tart said:
i'll be watching the game against norwich with a huge smile on my face this saturday. :D

We have Palace away, on 'Cantona Day' - shouldn't be a problem with the form we're in right now, but an equal 'no problem' game should be Chelsea v Norwich - they'll walk it. Back to the 4-0 winning ways I predict.

Aardvark747 said:

We have Palace away, on 'Cantona Day' - shouldn't be a problem with the form we're in right now, but an equal 'no problem' game should be Chelsea v Norwich - they'll walk it. Back to the 4-0 winning ways I predict.

I think I'm showing signs of being spoilt as I'm really not that excited by this weekend's fixtures compared to the midweek games just hope for a simple win, no injuries and it would be nice if Palace could play like they did last week.

yeah it should be a walk in the park. is huckerby still out for tomorrow's game?????

ps...wonder if man u fans will randomly start drop kicking palace fans during the match. :giggle:

Sweet Tart said:
is huckerby still out for tomorrow's game?????

I thought he was out for a while but apparently he's got a fitness test tomorrow.

OK, as the Premiership, on paper at least, looks rather dull this weekend I'm going to turn my expert eye towards the Championship, where there does seem to be a couple of stand out games:-
An East Midlands derby Leicester v Nottm Forest where I'm informed the atmosphere is always tasty,
Top of the table action Wigan v Ipswich,
And on Sunday Playoff chasers Millwall v Leeds.

Aardvark747 said:
Fuck it, 0-0, the title is Chelsea's.

:mad:

Smug mode. :)
As if it was going anywhere else.
[Sings] "We're gonna win the league, We're gonna win the league...."
I think Mr Cech needs a talking to naughty boy, conceding a goal like that.
I now formally pronounce this week Kezman week.

I'd just like to say one more thing:
Thank You Croydon.

Last edited:
tarquinsuperb said:

Two in six days to be precise. God help Barcelona.

YAY KEZ!!!!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

i'm so proud of him. i defended him for the longest time saying that he would come good but i was starting to lose faith. and also we aren't really playing his style of football cause he doesn't work well up front as a lone striker. he definately need a strike partner to play off of as he is more of a goal poacher than a creative goal scorer. hopefully he can continue scoring a few more important goals for us in the next couple of months.

we're 8 points ahead with a game in hand which is against west brom :giggle: i hate to get smug cause it is still possible for us to tank but i just can't see it. keep up the good work guys and please please PLEASE knock barca outta champions leaque.

and i'd personally like to thank man utd for drawing on saturday and making our premership title run all the more easier. :D :p

Last edited:
and also v proud of joey cole for beating 2 defenders to score our first and carvalho for killing the game with his first goal for chelsea. :applaud:

no... he has i think five on the season but it was the first of the game. it was carvalho's first for chelsea.

he is so talking out of his arse. the only reason that they scored 2 goals against us last time was cause we were down to 10 men for most of the second half. (drogba :shame: ). we'll shut them out @ SB tomorrow.....i hope. :uhoh:

def. wasnt two bookable offences.. thats what you get sometimes in continental Europe football, lots of theatrics! Anyway, would be great if you beat them... (tho I dont want Chelsea to win European Cup!) - league cup and premiership is enough!!

yeah i know i didn't see the game but i heard that the second yellow really shouldn't have been given. but hey what can ya do?

i don't think we'll win the champs league this year but i do think we'll get past barca. well we might if there is a few upsets and teams like porto and psv get through to the next round but if we end up playing RM or one of the italian teams in the next round we'll probably go out. :sad:

Sweet Tart said:

i don't think we'll win the champs league this year but i do think we'll get past barca. well we might if there is a few upsets and teams like porto and psv get through to the next round but if we end up playing RM or one of the italian teams in the next round we'll probably go out. :sad:

Yeah totally agree.
I think we'll get past Barcelona and I think the bulsh*t they've come up with this week just shows they're frightened. If the boot had been on the other foot for the first leg and they'd gone down to ten men we would have taken them apart. The only thing that is troubling me is how much of a better team we look when Drogba plays but Kezman is in the form of his life so you never know. I don't think they'll get a terribly warm welcome after their arrogance (you'd think they were the most successful team in the history of the world - One European Cup that's it and we'll soon match that).

My hunch at the start of the season for the Champion's League was that we'd go out in an absolutely magic encounter against Milan or Madrid in the quarters or the semis (not flop out like last season) and then win it next season. I don't like this implication that the Premiership is far inferior to La Liga, I know which league I'd rather be watching every week.

I'd like to see Arsenal and Liverpool go through (and not just because they're two teams I would be confident of Chelsea beating in the latter stages) but I think it would be funny to watch Fergie turn red, besides which I'd quite like to see AC Milan at the Bridge later on.

Party Boy said:
a 2-1 win for Man U will also get them through as they will win on away goals...

that was my prediction as soon as the first leg ended...... i know Milan have been on a hot streak but they have not been scoring too many, 1-0 against United and Inter, and only 2 against an insipid Atalanta side.
Also, the defense might look solid as the fucking rock of Gibralter but don't forget it is an aging backline.
The bottom line is the absence of Shevchenko takes away half of Milan's attacking threat.

My gut feeling is a 2-1 win for United (hence qualification), but for that to materialise United have to be at their attacking best.....

i have a feeling that arse will lose and man utd and liverpool will go through.

i'm kinda scared and have a feeling that we will win today but will lose on aggregate. i see something like a 2 -1 for chelsea.

i hope i'm wrong. :(

other prediciton....lamps and duffer to score.

ps....have to stay away from here this afternoon cause i'm taping the game and i don't want to know the final score before i get to watch it.

hey Sweet Tart, 2-1 to Chelsea today will mean the game is tied overall, so will go to penalties. I cannot see Barcelona not scoring, which means Chelsea are going to have to score twice...

As for Arsenal, yeah am not that hopeful as we are missing too many good defensive players.. I think we will win but maybe only 2-1.. unfortunately Bayern will definitely score...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom