The Mullet, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
ooh one more question dr. dré. is the barbecue sauce over there the same as it is here?

Yes.

I remember one American I met here before I visited said that US barbecue sauce is stronger, so I made a point of trying it - and I honestly don't think it is.

7122ec2fsn1.jpg

I think this is my favourite U2 picture.

I badly need to do work. I can't believe how little motivation I've had all semester.

The Sad Punk said:
Hey phanan. :wave:

Oh yeah, thought that'd go on forever. Fortunately, a good discussion on politics (is there such a thing?) got going.

Hello.

Yeah, I saw the foray into politics back there. Don't know how good it was, though. :lol:

Only six weeks for Australia? Works for me.

phanan said:
Only six weeks for Australia? Works for me.

Yep. The election has to occur within a certain timeframe (for our last election, I believe the timeframe was September 2007 to January 2008; it was held 24 November 2007), and the government typically announces the election date six weeks before it will take place. Now, as it gets closer, you'll see the "phoney campaign", where both parties are obviously getting ready to go without actually formally campaigning, but until the date's announced, there's only so much they can do.

phanan said:

At least I knew where that place was.

:laugh: One of the few locations we've hit that people on the forum have had a reasonable chance of visiting (or in a certain Vazza's case, growing up in!).

Which I think actually defeated the point, since the locations are meant to be ironic places where the presence of U2 fans - especially enough U2 fans to merit a chat thread - is highly unlikely. We need to dig up some more almost uninhabited south Atlantic islands and stuff.

Yeah, you haven't been around enough lately, Daniel.

The WTAHNN forum is a bit of a disaster at the moment. Random speculation based on inconsequential tidbits. It will be a damning indictment of U2's laziness and lack of commitment to their music if the album is not out in November, but apparently one of their crew told a fan that if it doesn't make it out by November, then March 2009 will be it.

Axver said:
Yeah, you haven't been around enough lately, Daniel.

The WTAHNN forum is a bit of a disaster at the moment. Random speculation based on inconsequential tidbits. It will be a damning indictment of U2's laziness and lack of commitment to their music if the album is not out in November, but apparently one of their crew told a fan that if it doesn't make it out by November, then March 2009 will be it.

:banghead: :banghead:

:(

Just listening to A Sort Of Homecoming, and holy shit, you really can't do much better than this song.

The only better U2 songs are One Tree Hill, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, and Heartland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom