The Mullet, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I can't stand that even the best newspaper in Australia is written at the reading comprehension level of a 14 year old, and many are written at a 10 year old's level. Fuck off. If I'm going to write for a living, I want it to have substance. I'd rather play to bullshit academic expectations and produce something intelligent than write dross to go with a catchy headline that will sell papers.

I hated that about journalism. :down:

phanan said:
I'll settle for some Ben & Jerry's.
ugh, i can get that here. so what if the factory is there :grumpy:

i forget, isn't there like a ton of factories in vermont? i've never been there, i've just heard from someone who was like "yeah so i went to this one and got free food, and this one, and this one...oh and they were all next to each other" fuckers :mad:

coolian2 said:
:laugh:

That's a great idea.

But seriously, how can not having Cyan ink render it impossible to print?
i say use oil instead of black ink :giggle:

that's crazy. i hate when printers do that. you should just be able to override it and print in greyscale.

Screwtape2 said:

I would enjoy. I know I would.

Well, I suppose a central part of why late 19th century Kiwi history matters is because of the whole thing about how we gave women the vote first. I think the social origins of that have been grossly under-studied and can tell us a lot of interesting things about how and why these movements happen, and why it was replicated all over the world. The most interesting part is that by the mid-1890s, New Zealand women's organisations were advocating ideas that pretty much did not appear elsewhere until the second wave of feminism in the 1960s.

Axver said:

But Ian, you've got to let the public know about the stories! How will they cope if they don't get headlines like PRINCE CHARLES IN GAY LOVE TRIANGLE WITH PAKISTANI TERRORIST!

POLITICIAN CAUGHT WEARING WOMEN'S CLOTHES

Of course, once you open the paper you realise it's Helen Clark, but by then you've already paid.

coolian2 said:

POLITICIAN CAUGHT WEARING WOMEN'S CLOTHES

Of course, once you open the paper you realise it's Helen Clark, but by then you've already paid.

:lmao: :lmao:

Though given Helen has a deeper voice than half the men I know, maybe that IS a scandal. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

ugh, i can get that here. so what if the factory is there :grumpy:

Two words: FREE SAMPLES

KhanadaRhodes said:
i forget, isn't there like a ton of factories in vermont? i've never been there, i've just heard from someone who was like "yeah so i went to this one and got free food, and this one, and this one...oh and they were all next to each other" fuckers :mad:

A ton of factories? :lol:

This is Vermont, Khan.

Axver said:

Well, I suppose a central part of why late 19th century Kiwi history matters is because of the whole thing about how we gave women the vote first. I think the social origins of that have been grossly under-studied and can tell us a lot of interesting things about how and why these movements happen, and why it was replicated all over the world. The most interesting part is that by the mid-1890s, New Zealand women's organisations were advocating ideas that pretty much did not appear elsewhere until the second wave of feminism in the 1960s.

I await the book.

coolian2 said:
Oh come on. It would be even more annoying if today my flash drive decided not to work.

Ian, just got a letter from today. It hates you.

Screwtape2 said:

I await the book.

Might be in for a bit of a wait there. :wink:

And then all of you will know my crappy last name, too. Unless I write under a pseudonym ... :hmm:

coolian2 said:
I've changed my phone ringtone to The Fly.

It's awfully hard to stop rocking out and answer the phone.
ooh awesome. my ringtone is bzzt, bzzt (aka the sound it makes vibrating against my desk). however, if i ever had it turned on, it'd be under the wheel by split enz :giggle:

although i have a ringback tone everyone who calls me hears, which is train in vain.

Screwtape2 said:

I would look at the positive of this. For three weeks the only one you can talk to is the woman you love. :)

Someone has the ability to find the romance in just about situation doesn't he? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom