The Mullet, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:
I don't know what my parents will think.

Fuck 'em. My father still thinks I shouold be a lawyer. Why? Because 1. I'm reasonably smart and 2. lawyers make lots of money.

I'm hoping getting a PhD will have the happy consequence of shutting him up. Not that I give a shit, since he lives too far away to matter much to my life, but it'd still be nice to wave it in front of his nose.

Do you know what makes me want to kill?

I'm trying to print my assignment. My assignment in black and white.

Do you know why the printer won't let me print?

THE FUCKER IS ALL OUT OF CYAN INK.

FUCK CYAN INK!

Axver said:

Fuck 'em. My father still thinks I shouold be a lawyer. Why? Because 1. I'm reasonably smart and 2. lawyers make lots of money.

I'm hoping getting a PhD will have the happy consequence of shutting him up. Not that I give a shit, since he lives too far away to matter much to my life, but it'd still be nice to wave it in front of his nose.

I suppose you are right. They should support me. I want it so they have too.

coolian2 said:

Truth. It irritates me that both my journo and PR classes simply push the stereotypes of both professions.

I can't stand that even the best newspaper in Australia is written at the reading comprehension level of a 14 year old, and many are written at a 10 year old's level. Fuck off. If I'm going to write for a living, I want it to have substance. I'd rather play to bullshit academic expectations and produce something intelligent than write dross to go with a catchy headline that will sell papers.

Axver said:

ha, my dad's side of the family thought i should've majored in biochemistry. what the fuck ever. just the word alone bores me.

i liked chemistry in high school, but that just sounds lame. and to do something scientific for a living? no thanks. i think my aunt wanted me to be a physical therapist like her :rolleyes:

Screwtape2 said:

I would like to read those some day. You have a way with words. :up:

Thanks. I look forward to boring you with a book about late 19th century New Zealand's socio-economic position and why it ACTUALLY MATTERS WOWZ0RZ. :wink:

coolian2 said:
And you know what? Printer ink is more expensive than petrol. $150US for a whole fucking barrel of oil, and it's about $70 for this tiny little fucker of ink.

That's something worth going to war about.
yeah. i remember reading something insane (this was also back when gas was only like $2 over here) that if one were to buy printer ink by the barrel like we did with oil, it'd be...i don't remember. but it was insanely high. there's no fucking way it can cost that much.

what i suggest people do is buy the cheapest printer possible. when you run out of ink, just buy a new printer. it's so sad that it'd be cheaper to do that than buy new ink cartridges.

Axver said:

I can't stand that even the best newspaper in Australia is written at the reading comprehension level of a 14 year old, and many are written at a 10 year old's level. Fuck off. If I'm going to write for a living, I want it to have substance. I'd rather play to bullshit academic expectations and produce something intelligent than write dross to go with a catchy headline that will sell papers.

I'd rather not write than do the vapid crap they want us to do.

Bollocks.

coolian2 said:
And you know what? Printer ink is more expensive than petrol. $150US for a whole fucking barrel of oil, and it's about $70 for this tiny little fucker of ink.

That's something worth going to war about.

Holy shit. I thought it was bad when it cost $30 or so for my printer's ink.

Which reminds me, I probably should get some more black ink today ...

coolian2 said:
Now unless my mum reads the message i sent her and she gets home before 2:10 (just over an hour away) i'll have to go in early in the hope of finding a computer to print this on.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
want to use my computer? i'm sure that's feasible? :wink:

coolian2 said:

I'd rather not write than do the vapid crap they want us to do.

Bollocks.

But Ian, you've got to let the public know about the stories! How will they cope if they don't get headlines like PRINCE CHARLES IN GAY LOVE TRIANGLE WITH PAKISTANI TERRORIST!

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah. i remember reading something insane (this was also back when gas was only like $2 over here) that if one were to buy printer ink by the barrel like we did with oil, it'd be...i don't remember. but it was insanely high. there's no fucking way it can cost that much.

what i suggest people do is buy the cheapest printer possible. when you run out of ink, just buy a new printer. it's so sad that it'd be cheaper to do that than buy new ink cartridges.

:laugh:

That's a great idea.

But seriously, how can not having Cyan ink render it impossible to print?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom