The Lonely Hearts V8 Supercars 2007 Season Thread! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2007, 12:13 AM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:41 AM

Old 09-27-2007, 01:54 AM   #92
45:33

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Future Liberal voter?

/

Never. Ever. Sorry but my grandpa would rise out his grave and put me in it if I did that.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 AM   #93

The Sandown 500 has officialy been demoted to a sprint race. The 500 will now be Phillip Island.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this, I love Sandown... at least it's still in Victoria.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #94
Vocal parasite

What?! Was that an expected move? I mean, I haven't kept up with the V8 news - as I mentioned in my first post on this thread - so that took me by surprise. But were those of you following the racing also taken by surprise?

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Never. Ever. Sorry but my grandpa would rise out his grave and put me in it if I did that.
Good man.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-28-2007, 03:19 AM   #95
Refugee

Local Time: 08:11 AM
Quote:

I heard they've talked about renaming themselves the Brave Blossoms, which just strikes me as even worse because it sounds so contrived ... and still not very threatening. Then again, can you really talk? You follow a team with the wimpy name of Rabbitohs in the wimpy version of rugby!
Well at least they are named after a animal and rabbits can be fierce, i had to get a tetanus once from a bunny scatch, what can blossoms do, unless you snap off a branch and start smackin' somone with it........ "The brave blossoms"

We should re-name the Wallabies the "Wobbly Wattles"
Old 09-28-2007, 05:15 AM   #96

Quote:
What?! Was that an expected move? I mean, I haven't kept up with the V8 news - as I mentioned in my first post on this thread - so that took me by surprise. But were those of you following the racing also taken by surprise?

Good man.
Well it wasn't completey unfounded... but it's mainly centers around the issues Tony Cochrane has with it. I like it. I hope he goes. I don't like him. But the alternative is John Hewson...

Do you think Kevin will win it?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #97
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!
Well at least they are named after a animal and rabbits can be fierce, i had to get a tetanus once from a bunny scatch, what can blossoms do, unless you snap off a branch and start smackin' somone with it........ "The brave blossoms"

We should re-name the Wallabies the "Wobbly Wattles"
Ha, touche. Though, still - your Super 14 rugby team is named after a flower! Who the hell calls their team the Waratahs? I suppose it does sound kind of neat, but if you know what a waratah is, it's damn hard to take seriously.

And I've always known the Wallabies as the Wannabes.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #98
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Well it wasn't completey unfounded... but it's mainly centers around the issues Tony Cochrane has with it. I like it. I hope he goes. I don't like him. But the alternative is John Hewson...

Do you think Kevin will win it?
I've no damn clue who either of those individuals are in your first paragraph. Does this just prove I'm out of it, or are you trying to out-obscure me to get back at my unheard-of music?

I think Kevin will get the majority of the vote, but due to seat distribution, that doesn't guarantee an election victory. I'm a little worried, but hesitantly optimistic.

PS, re "centers": American English = bad English. Centres = good English. (What? I had to get back at your Chisel/Barnsey nitpick. )

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-28-2007, 08:32 AM   #99
Refugee

Quote:

Yes it was a suprise, apparently the pits are not good enough anymore and Melborne Racing Club are not forthcoming with the $$ to spend upgrading the track and pits. Tony Cohrane is the V8 supercars chairman.

Never really knew there was an issue, the articles that they have about it really do not pin point the exact problems with the track they just said they needed upgrading.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #100

Quote:

I've no damn clue who either of those individuals are in your first paragraph. Does this just prove I'm out of it, or are you trying to out-obscure me to get back at my unheard-of music?

I think Kevin will get the majority of the vote, but due to seat distribution, that doesn't guarantee an election victory. I'm a little worried, but hesitantly optimistic.

PS, re "centers": American English = bad English. Centres = good English. (What? I had to get back at your Chisel/Barnsey nitpick. )
Get back at you.

Yeah I noticed that when I wrote it but didn't bother chanigng it and had to wash my hands after it.

Touche
Old 09-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #101
Refugee

^ Are you off to Bathurst next week?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #102

Sure am!

We have to make up for last year.

Four years running now.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #103
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Get back at you.

Yeah I noticed that when I wrote it but didn't bother chanigng it and had to wash my hands after it.

Touche
on the first two counts.

Now with the French!

PS Can we bump Bathurst back a week? That'd really suit my essay-writing schedule much, much better. I'm going to be so fucking dead next weekend it's not funny. RWC quarter-finals AND Bathurst AND a 2,000 word essay to finish. Joy of joys.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #104
Refugee

It would be grand if they could just put Bathurst in late October, November (There is nothing on at all for us in November!).......Bathurst always falls on our daughter's B'day.....so hubby has to miss her birthday every other year....he is not going to Bathurst this year. I don't mind Bathurst myself but Philamy Park is not a place for young families.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #105
Vocal parasite

November is just a lost month, really. The rugby's either over or gone to the Northern Hemisphere, there's nothing like Bathurst, and the cricket's yet to fully hit its stride. All that's notable is the Melbourne Cup, but I don't care much for horse racing and that's a meagre couple of minutes anyway.

But first Sunday of October's tradition, so ...

Gig pictures | Blog