The Lonely Hearts V8 Supercars 2007 Season Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

but that's the point see! they killed the spirit.

and I love arguing with about soccer. I still don't think the tide's turning. and it never will. more popular sure, but it'll never eclipse AFL and NRL.

COBL_04 said:
Lowndes didn't deserve to win it, Winterbottom/Richards should have, they dominated for the most part of it. Lowndes was lucky he was there in the right place and right time.

Lucky he was there? Well, if you mean the two very near misses, then hell yes; I don't know how he was missed. But I suspect you mean more than that, and I very much disagree. He was driving a fantastic race and didn't make a huge fuck-up like Winterbottom did. Like I said, I feel terrible for Winterbottom/Richards, but with that fuck-up, Lowndes/Whincup deserved to win.

And after years of no-one I really support winning, it's nice that Lowndes/Whincup have done it twice in a row. Bring on three!

I totally agree with you on the soccer front though. Soccer will only become more popular when it stops being so, well, boring half the time. Any game that frequently ends in 0-0 will never fully catch on in Australia. Soccer needs more goals, then it'll be on a more popular track.

I thought he was lucky in the sense that he was in the right place at the right time, and was able to pounce when another driver made a mistake. He even admitted himself that he had already settled for second, and had the rain not come he wouldn't have had the pace to keep up with Courtney, Winterbottom or Johnson.

No three peat. Hell no.

And agree on soccer. Any game that ends in 0-0 after 90 minutes is never going to have a place in my heart.

Settle for second? You've still got to drive a fucking good race for that. So I think it's a bit cheapening to say he was "lucky" to be in the second best spot in the race. And he did a damn amazing job of holding everybody off for the last ... how many laps was it after Winterbottom lost it, 13 or so? I thought he'd lost it when Johnson got through.

And how about McConville going out before the race even began? That must have been so devastating. It reminded me of when Bargwanna wrecked his car at Forrest's Elbow in 2000 (?) on the warm-up lap.

Well yes, true. I spose there are other elements other than luck if you're second after 950kms.

I felt sorry for them... it would be heart breaking at Bathurst. It was the start of a very bad day for us.

And might have been another year, I'm pretty sure Bargs and Tander won it in 2000.

Ah, of course. Just checked Wikipedia; Bargwanna wrecked his car in 1997 on the warm-up lap ... and was meant to start in pole position! I can still see his car slamming into the wall in my mind, but I'd forgotten he was on pole.

I missed watching Bathurst as i was pre-occupied with something else that happened on Bathurst weekend....see the "Who got Flowers today" thread by Angela Harlem.

COBL_04 said:
:(

Lowndes didn't deserve to win it, Winterbottom/Richards should have, they dominated for the most part of it. Lowndes was lucky he was there in the right place and right time.

But this is what Mr Fly So High had to say:

"Bullshit, might as well say Johnson deserved to win, that's what's so good about Bathurst, it's more about preperation and luck that's what makes it so entertaining because you cannot tell what's going to happen"

COBL_04 said:

But now I want to express my disgust with the police. They have absolutely killed the spirit of the fans with their extremely over-the-top crackdown on the place. I saw their compound and their water cannon. Absolute disgrace. I went up to McPhillamy on Saturday night and felt 110% safe, but that's not the point. The bull pen is dead. The loudest noise was someone throwing a beer can at a bin and missing, and I am surprised 50 pigs didn't descend on him with fines. I was really angry. The fireworks and floating gas bags and all the rest of it which really livens up the place were nowhere. So thanks for wrecking an otherwise pretty good weekend you bastards. :|

Grandad Fly So High stated:

"Agreed, they killed Bathurst this year, and if the fans don't do something about it it will get worse......fans should buy their camping grounds so they don't lose them and not show up next year, the local community will lose out, the V8 super-cars will lose out, because if those camping grounds are full next year, the bastards have won and the fans will lose. Only next year do this in protest."

intedomine said:
It's already eclipsing NRL, give it ten years and it's a certainty.

Not hard to eclipse the NRL with how shit league is and how poorly Sydneysiders turn out to anything that isn't a grand final.

You get better crowds to regular season AFL games than fucking NRL semis!

fly so high! said:
I missed watching Bathurst as i was pre-occupied with something else that happened on Bathurst weekend....see the "Who got Flowers today" thread by Angela Harlem.

But this is what Mr Fly So High had to say:

"Bullshit, might as well say Johnson deserved to win, that's what's so good about Bathurst, it's more about preperation and luck that's what makes it so entertaining because you cannot tell what's going to happen"

Grandad Fly So High stated:

"Agreed, they killed Bathurst this year, and if the fans don't do something about it it will get worse......fans should buy their camping grounds so they don't lose them and not show up next year, the local community will lose out, the V8 super-cars will lose out, because if those camping grounds are full next year, the bastards have won and the fans will lose. Only next year do this in protest."

Say hey to your family for me!!!

intedomine said:
What is notAxver, and where is Axver?

notAxver is not Axver's alter. Why do I suspect you do not believe me? :wink:

(I'm on my 29,999th post. I'd like to not throw away my 30,000th post on something mindless like "here's my top ten U2 songs wooo!" or "so, will South Africa beat Argentina in the rugby semi-finals this week?")

Ha, that was appropriate enough, wasn't it?

Well, I'm back on this account now. I was sick of arsing around on notAxver.

:rant:

Not happy.

In trading news, this is apparently what's happening: Todd Kelly is going to JAck Daniel's Racing (!), Tander to HRT and Paul Dumbrell to Toll HSV (!)

Paul Dumbrell is a tool, and he can't drive for shit.

Any bets on there being another Lowndesy-type incident at the Island for the last round? :wink:

:grumpy:

Whincup couldn't drive for shit until he landed in a decent car. Now Dumbrell's got one let's see what happens.

I hope Tander wins. He's deserved it the last two years.

Congrats to Tander, he is a deserving champion, and underrated (even if he does drive for Holden :wink: ). And nice to see some clean racing for once!!!

Back
Top Bottom