the latest footie thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:

the rockin edge, having seen the match, don't you agree that the red card was fully appropriate? I don't care if Messi rolled around in the grass a couple of times in order to dramatize, he had been butchered long before that. (and actually Del Horno theatrically did the exact same thing, so there goes Jose's point).

i was waiting to give my opinion until i saw the game...finally did this morning :wink:

del Horno made no attempt to play the ball, he was going at Messi. Messi had poked the ball a yard or so away from the corner but del Horno still went strait at him, it actually looked like he could have been trying to kick him aswell. it was at least a yellow card, i can't see too many valid complaints with the red though. especially given the earlier tackle by him where he went studs up onto Messi and got him on the knee. that was a sure booking, not given by the ref.

yeah they both rolled a few times but i don't think that meant anything. Messi didn't dive on to the ground, that's for sure.

and how the hell did barca not get a penalty? they should've had 2. 1st that handball right at the end of the 1st half and then Terry (in this order) knocked over Messi, handled the ball and pushed Messi down again all in one play inside the box!

and the chelsea pitch was a disgrace :down:

Joe Cole = great player

glad we have got the left side sorted now. and i admit Crouch does give us something extra up front.

and TRE - you can never write off the Germans!

Party Boy said:

Hey we have a good team - much better than recent results indicate. In fact we were lucky not to qualify for World Cup this year.

Result bodes well for when England play Sweden in June - bet you guys don't win 3-0 tho..

yeah, i know Ireland are pretty good. my ammusement was at Sweden losing 3-0:wink:

and no, i doubt it will be 3-0 in the world cup

Yeah ,Joe Cole is a great player but still chelsea so damn fucking sucks.Forgive my cursing,but i come from my usual friday night drinking party and stil chelsi suks

Great win against Fulham - best we played away from home in the league all season - though Fulham did allow us to play, unlike most teams who try to kick us off the pitch.

Good to see classless Chelsea up to their old tricks aswell - Mourinho is such a co*k

Party Boy said:
Good to see classless Chelsea up to their old tricks aswell - Mourinho is such a co*k

they are a disgrace to football

and as for Mourinho, he wouldn't even shake hands with Robson after the game! and Drogba's dive, shamefull :tsk: far worse then anything Messi did the other week.

that Spurs - Blackburn game was awesome:drool:

I wonder what the odds on Utd winning 4-0 tomorrow are...:hmm:

Mourinho got spat on when they arrived in Barca last night. all over the back pages of the papers today.

i don't like Chelsea but those barca fans are twats

Any England fans here applied for tickets for the World Cup through the FA? Results are FINALLY up tonight on the EnglandFans site. I applied for all seven games and didn't get one ticket. Very very pissed off. No doubt friends and family of the FA have managed to get tickets through their "contacts".

Why oh why only give each team 8% of the stadium capacity?

So in a few hours, Arsenal will play what is probably the last big game at Highbury. Going to be a tough game against Real but no reason why can't get a positive result although with the likes of Beckham, Raul, Ronaldo, Zidane, Guti, Carlos, Baptista and Robinho, it only takes a second for them to create something out of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom