The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl Urban. When I first saw him in Lord Of The Rings I instantly thought 'that guy looks like Thor!'

Or we could just use the guy the little girl in Adventures In Babysitting thought was Thor. :wink:

Karl Urban is a good choice. He popped up in a Bourne film but had little dialogue. He could play an intense bad guy, too.

Isn't he Dr. McCoy in the next Star Trek film?

I think I mentioned this elsewhere.....I'm not a fan of every individual character, but the show build towards the Avengers is all kinds of awesome. If you're a dork. I'm a dork. So it's awesome to me.

I wish the build towards the Justice League was, too, but it's not even close, it's like a totally distinct entity.

I think I mentioned this elsewhere.....I'm not a fan of every individual character, but the show build towards the Avengers is all kinds of awesome. If you're a dork. I'm a dork. So it's awesome to me.

I wish the build towards the Justice League was, too, but it's not even close, it's like a totally distinct entity.

Oh no, that's the greatest thing about these new Marvel movies to me, too. I can't remember what they're doing now with these characters ever being done before, at least not in the last 25-30 years.

DC's gonna get the ball rolling on Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern movies, too, I think. I wish they were doing the same with The Justice League.

Oh no, that's the greatest thing about these new Marvel movies to me, too. I can't remember what they're doing now with these characters ever being done before, at least not in the last 25-30 years.

DC's gonna get the ball rolling on Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern movies, too, I think. I wish they were doing the same with The Justice League.

I most look forward to Green Lantern. I don't care which Lantern they choose to focus on, matters not to me, just want to see that character on the big screen. Green Lantern and Batman were always my two favorite comics as a kid.....Batman, for the usual reasons....no real super power, he gets by on his training and intelligence, he's a little unbalanced, makes him interesting, etc....Green Lantern for me because whatever it is he does is based on his own creativity and imagination. That ring is only as powerful as the one that wields it, and that appealed to me greatly as a kid, and frankly it still does.

I most look forward to Green Lantern. I don't care which Lantern they choose to focus on, matters not to me, just want to see that character on the big screen. Green Lantern and Batman were always my two favorite comics as a kid.....Batman, for the usual reasons....no real super power, he gets by on his training and intelligence, he's a little unbalanced, makes him interesting, etc....Green Lantern for me because whatever it is he does is based on his own creativity and imagination. That ring is only as powerful as the one that wields it, and that appealed to me greatly as a kid, and frankly it still does.

That is a cool premise. I was more of a Marvel kid growing up, but loved Batman, still do, actually, so I don't know as much about the DC characters apart from the occasional cartoon series. The Green Lantern has always looked the most interesting to me. Then there's Aquaman, who's a complete waste of time.

I remember my early days on the internet...I stumbled on some site that totally mocked the superfriends, and was particularly savage towards AquaMan. For all I know, this site is common knowledge to everyone, but, when I found it it was by accident.

Aquaman is a tool.

I was into the XMen big time, and that alone made me lean towards Marvel.....but Green Lantern and Batman balanced things out. Wow, I remember when the XMen vs the Brood comics first came out. That shit blew me away.....

Batman has always been my favorite superhero, for four reasons:

1.He chose to be a superhero. Superman and Spiderman became superheroes by chance - something beyond their control gave them powers they didn't have before. But Batman...he lived through a personal tragedy(his parents were murdered) and he decided, of his own will, to be a superhero. So there is a psychological layer to the story of Batman that I feel is unique to him.

2.I think the villans in Batman are the funnest, most dynamic ones I've seen - The Joker, Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, etc.

3.The Batmobile. Enough said.

4.The guy works out of an underground cave with an ultra-high-tech setup inside of it, and I just find that really fucking cool.

What I most appreciate about Batman is the darkness and conflict within him. He is truly human.

In contrast I have major problems with Superman because he really never is challenged. There isn't anything interesting about him. Unfortunately, most DC heroes are one dimensional which makes Batman a refreshing change. :up:

Batman has always been my favorite superhero, for four reasons:

1.He chose to be a superhero. Superman and Spiderman became superheroes by chance - something beyond their control gave them powers they didn't have before. But Batman...he lived through a personal tragedy(his parents were murdered) and he decided, of his own will, to be a superhero. So there is a psychological layer to the story of Batman that I feel is unique to him.

2.I think the villans in Batman are the funnest, most dynamic ones I've seen - The Joker, Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, etc.

3.The Batmobile. Enough said.

4.The guy works out of an underground cave with an ultra-high-tech setup inside of it, and I just find that really fucking cool.

I agree with you on most points, but Superman has his share of troubles, too. Sure, he's the golden boy and doesn't have the internal struggle of a guy like Bruce Wayne, but he's got his share of problems. He's the last of his kind, he's an outcast in a foreign world, the woman he loves thinks he's a goober, he chills with the ghost of his dead father in a place called The Fortress of Solitude, Jimmy Olson probably wants to bump uglies with him, etc... He could try to fit in, but ultimately, he uses his powers for the good of mankind, even if he's not a badass ninja detective / millionaire playboy like Bruce Wayne.

I agree with you on most points, but Superman has his share of troubles, too. Sure, he's the golden boy and doesn't have the internal struggle of a guy like Bruce Wayne, but he's got his share of problems. He's the last of his kind, he's an outcast in a foreign world, the woman he loves thinks he's a goober, he chills with the ghost of his dead father in a place called The Fortress of Solitude, Jimmy Olson probably wants to bump uglies with him, etc... He could try to fit in, but ultimately, he uses his powers for the good of mankind, even if he's not a badass ninja detective / millionaire playboy like Bruce Wayne.

htere was a scene on Mallrats that made it all too clear for me

when Jason Lee talks about Superman being unable to have sex with Lois Lane, because his sperm would be like bullets and kill her

THAT's a tragedy, my friends

One of my friends just informed me, no joke, that there was a rumor a while back about Anthony Michael Hall playing The Riddler in the next Batman joint. No joke. Thoughts?

c_documents_and_settings_owner_my_documents_mummi_myndir_blog_is_anthony-michael-hall_500712.jpg

Well, he's certainly come a long way since The Breakfast Club. Not saying that I think he's a good, or bad choice, just saying that a few years doing The Dead Zone might have lent him some credibility.

One of my friends just informed me, no joke, that there was a rumor a while back about Anthony Michael Hall playing The Riddler in the next Batman joint. No joke. Thoughts?
He's playing a journalist more or less fronting a hate campaign against Batman. It's a small but pivotal role.

He's playing a journalist more or less fronting a hate campaign against Batman. It's a small but pivotal role.

It would be cool if they developed this smaller role into an actual villain for the third film.

And that fake news show looked totally...fake. What looks authentic on film sometimes is stagey on video.

No comments on Joaquin Phoenix and how he could reprise the role of The Joker?

you know who could use the image reabikitation, and could actually do somethinggreat with the character?

Jude Law.

I know he seems too pretty or normal, but one could have said the same thing about Ledger. Law may not be as talented, but if look at his filmography he's actually played a decent range of roles. Just picture his wicked smile gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom