The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her. :huh:

I think the whole trying to give Batman a love interest is an idea that can only hurt the films. It was my only complaint about Batman Begins. I think it will hurt The Dark Knight too.

Why does there always have to be a love interest? It takes time away from more important things. This is coming from a romantic by the way. :down:

Why is Maggie Gyllehan a movie star to begin with? She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her. :huh:

Come on, dude. There is absolutely something to be said for the "girl with the slumped shoulders that make her boobs saggy but somehow so nice" look. :shrug:

Come on, dude. There is absolutely something to be said for the "girl with the slumped shoulders that make her boobs saggy but somehow so nice" look. :shrug:

:huh:

I think she's gorgeous, but what do I know?

...Why does there always have to be a love interest? It takes time away from more important things. This is coming from a romantic by the way. :down:

:up: Sometimes that formula rings of tackiness, ala James Bond. Having said that, and without having seen the movie, she could be adding a new angle that goes beyond stereotype. She's definitely got the range as an actor to challenge the status quo definition of a 'babe.'

Why is Maggie Gyllehan a movie star to begin with? She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her. :huh:

Because she's a good actress, not exactly a star either.

I think the whole trying to give Batman a love interest is an idea that can only hurt the films. It was my only complaint about Batman Begins. I think it will hurt The Dark Knight too.

Why does there always have to be a love interest? It takes time away from more important things. This is coming from a romantic by the way. :down:

/un-shun

In this case, I think her character will motivate a huge chain of events for the film, so it's okay for there to be a love interest. In this case, Bruce Wayne wants to be with Rachel, but being Batman won't let him do that; throw in Harvey Dent, "The White Knight," who could do Batman's job for him so he could be with her... then he hooks up with her, it's the stuff tragedies are made of.

As for having a love interest in any film, it's because most people want to see that. I know I'm rooting for the hero to hook up with the girl because I'm living vicariously through that guy for the 2 hours I'm watching the film. If it's handled well, like any other facet of the film, then it'll be awesome; if not, then it'll be a weak point.

/re-shun

In other news, I can either see this movie at the midnight showing or be forced to wait after the first weekend because of my dental surgery... that fucking sucks. Chances for the midnight showing are slim, too.

Isn't she in some pervo movie? I can't believe one of you guys who've seen that isn't violently disagreeing with the whole "she's not attractive" argument.

Make me proud, sickos.

darjeeling-600.jpg

Laz (pictured left), and his two brothers agree, U2PM.

Just because I have a moustache and am currently sleeping with Zooey does not give you permission to confuse me with Mr. Schwartzman.

And leave Maggie alone, she's hot, in a silent film star kind of way.

Better than being Brody.

I hate most people.

I just realized I used the phrase "in this case" to start two consecutive sentences in my un-shunned response to Screwy. Shit.

I hate Bay, but actually liked The Island a lot. Considering how much stupid sci-fi there is, this one was relatively interesting.

It also didn't hurt that it starred two of the more attractive stars in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom