The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

I agree, though, I did enjoy the novel Blade Runner was adapted from.

I loved the novel. But that was a book.

Blade Runner was a movie.

Thus they deserved to be different. The result? Both were awesome.

Lancemc said:

or enraged by your slanderous hate message.
:eyebrow: slanderous hate message? Are you sure you're calm?

Lancemc said:

And if you understand how the lighting if affecting the perception of that photograph, you should also understand the function it's going to play in the film. The suit is still stylistically the same as its always been, just re-imagined in Nolan's aesthetic theme. I guess I don't understand the reaction "the suit is horrible", when it's really one of the most appropriate, thematically and stylistically, the film history of the character has ever produced.

It still comes off as sectional armor in dark lighting. I don't like it, that's my opinion. :shrug:
Lancemc said:

Again with the Joker, maybe I need refreshing on how terribly ruined the character is from the source material (based purely on his visual appearance here of course :rolleyes: ) But I'm sure its not akin to changing the entire character or Superman or Doc Ock. He's still the Joker, and from everything I can tell at this point, his character is only being improved here. :shrug:

My whole point is given everything we've seen so far, the Joker is going to be a sociopath that likes to dye his hair and wear make up. It does change the character, the Joker is someone who's appearance was changed into a "monstrous" appearance that he couldn't hide in public unless he wanted to dye his hair and wear make up. It changes the motivation of the character. Now if Nolan's approach is modified in a way that the Joker is some how horribly disfigured and he wears the make up to cover that, that would be a SOMEWHAT acceptable, because at least some of the motivation would still be the same.

orly_indian.jpg

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Careful, you might get labeled with a "slanderous hate message" as well.

Careful, he might be able to detect sarcasm. We know you sure can't.

Well it's hard to tell when everything else in the paragraph was very straight forward and not sarcastic.

But I apologize if I misread it.

No problem.

I noticed a pic in the Today Show that I hadn't seen before.

This one:

newjoker.jpg

Maybe this has already been discussed, but there's speculation that it's a fan rendering or an early WB poster that got scrapped.

Anyone else know anything?

The Today Show are idiots and yeah, that's fan-made alright. It's actually Conrad Veidt in The Man Who Laughs. Kane and Finger used his character Gwynplaine as inspiration for The Joker (in the visual sense).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom