The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to bail out
byesadtt2.gif

LemonMacPhisto said:
This phucking concept is killin' me. I know what it is, but I can't seem to write it.

I hear you. Trying to write it makes me doubt the concept, but then listening to it makes me realize it.

I don't think we've ever had to determine whether tracks from DVDs were permissible or not. I deliberately avoided the issue in Desert Island III by rule 6-ing myself and using the studio version of Exit rather than the one from the RAH movie.

namkcuR said:
I'm trying to make mine with the concept of the final day in the life of an innocent man who has been wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to death, the events of the day leading up to and including the execution. But I'm having a hard time doing it. I'm having a hard time finding enough songs that fit. I may have to think of a different theme, but I like this one.

I've aborted this concept. It was too hard. I can hardly imagine something scarier, darker, or more intense than the thoughts and emotions of an innocent man who knows he's about to be executed for a crime he didn't commit. I have very specific ideas about what should be said and felt in the songs on an album with this concept, and it was just impossible to find the right songs and/or enough songs to accurately express what I wanted to express.

But I've nearly completed a completely different setlist centering arond a completely different concept. This time I started with the music instead of the concept, I just put together a few songs that similar musical/atmospheric themes, that went to the same 'place', so-to-speak, figured out what that 'place' was, and went from there. The new concept is much more abstract and ambigious than my previous one, which was simply too specific.

I don't know if it'll win this thing, or even get out of the first round, but I'm sufficiently pleased with what I've got. Although a few tweaks here and there may be neccessary.

Queen Bee said:
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to bail out
byesadtt2.gif

I'm going to have to bail out as well. Sorry and all that, but the competition is going to take place at a very stressful time for me. I just found out that the upcoming uni semester starts on the 6th of September (I thought it was the 1st), and that I'll need to move into my new flat in the week leading up to that date. I simply won't have the time to get to know my flatmates, get settled/focused in my new courses, AND listen to 16+ hours of music.

GibsonGirl said:

I'm going to have to bail out as well. Sorry and all that, but the competition is going to take place at a very stressful time for me. I just found out that the upcoming uni semester starts on the 6th of September (I thought it was the 1st), and that I'll need to move into my new flat in the week leading up to that date. I simply won't have the time to get to know my flatmates, get settled/focused in my new courses, AND listen to 16+ hours of music.

Sorry to hear that. :(

I hope the transition, move and introduction to your flatmates goes smoothly. :)

Screwtape2 said:
Okay, new plan.

3 Groups of 5 (including Supertracklist)

Top two in each group advance. (6 people)
Two wildcards (Top two not to make it using score/tiebreakers)

That's our quarterfinals.

OK, sounds reasonable.

What are the groups? Do we retain the Groups of Death and Life?

I had to go back and fix up my playlist a bit. I should be able to finish up the concept and uploading this weekend though.

Irishteen said:
This game is going to get no attention at all, people are too obsessed with their Space Moon :wink:

Actually, I think it's kind of cool that this game will go at the same time as Space Moon. Talk about two completely different types of playlists.

Just goes to prove how diverse people on here are, which is only a good thing.

I still don't know what Space Moon really is, all I know is that it involves writing "Space Moon" frequently. Does it relate to music? Who knows. It's nebulous.

I'm working on mine after I return from Pittsburgh, where I am currently writing this. Go Phils.

phillyfan26 said:
I still don't know what Space Moon really is, all I know is that it involves writing "Space Moon" frequently. Does it relate to music? Who knows. It's nebulous.

Honestly, some of this writing and quoting "Space Moon" in threads - often otherwise unrelated threads - is bordering on spamming the forums.

Made a major breakthrough today, fixing a few issues, and found the perfect song to finish mine out. :up: I'm going to get to the formality stuff now and send my playlist within the next couple of days.

Axver said:

Honestly, some of this writing and quoting "Space Moon" in threads - often otherwise unrelated threads - is bordering on spamming the forums.

For once,

I agree with you.

Question: When putting them in zipped folders, do I do it all together or individually? Because when I'm doing it altogether the tracks are listed out of the order I'm placing them in, and rather by the track number they have from the album they were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom