The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:
I'm having the opposite problem as most of you. I'm having trouble finding 80 minutes worth of songs that really hit my theme on the head. Also, my theme covers something so scary/sad/dark/intense that I am hesitant to use any upbeat song.

Same. I haven't had many opportunities to work on it, so I recycled an idea I was previously using for Desert Island 3. It's too depressing, too intense. It's structured around Godspeed You Black Emperor's "The Dead Flag Blues" so that should give you an idea. I wanted to include something upbeat, but it's impossible. I'm going to have to come up with something else, even though the cover is already finished. :sad: Blah.

Well mine's going to be upbeat. I'm sort of throwing this idea of a guy just having a shit of time, finding everything hard and then BAM! it all picks up. So mine's uplifting. :) I had a feeling that a lotta people would be doing sort of downcast ones, and I prefer uplifting music, so it's reflecting my tastes.

Mine's pretty low-key and drab most of the time, but it's an optimistic story.

Screwtape2 said:

:shifty: I said it had a happy ending not that it had a lighter theme. It might be the most sinister and intense playlist I've ever done. The tagline for it is "America & The Fear of The Female Orgasm." So it isn't a lighter topic. :lol:

So ... what you're trying to tell us is that you're using a Paris Hilton song?

Question!

I can't use Brain Damage/Eclipse as one song can I? Even though the flow in and out of each other?

If I were to use Eclipse, I cant cut off the last 40 seconds can I? Because it's very annyoing. The last 40 seconds are almost silence.

I'm trying to make mine with the concept of the final day in the life of an innocent man who has been wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to death, the events of the day leading up to and including the execution. But I'm having a hard time doing it. I'm having a hard time finding enough songs that fit. I may have to think of a different theme, but I like this one.

Sheesh, if everyone else is also doing a depressing concept, maybe I don't have to feel so bad about mine.

Has there ever been a non-depressing concept album?

Even Tommy was about a deaf, dumb, and blind kid and Ziggy Stardust was about an alien telling the world it had 5 years left to live.

Pretty unhappy stuff.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Has there ever been a non-depressing concept album?

Even Tommy was about a deaf, dumb, and blind kid and Ziggy Stardust was about an alien telling the world it had 5 years left to live.

Pretty unhappy stuff.

Hmm...

Quadrophenia? No.
The Wall? No.
Animals? No.
SF Sorrow? No.
OK Computer? No.

..........:sad: I guess you're right. Musicians must be manic depressives.

Well The Wall is depressing as hell most of the time, but it ends on a high note. Pink finally tearing down the wall and coming back to society... but only after he's yelled at by a huge pair of testicles.

BTW, only 1/3 of Tommy is depressing. Most of the second half is LSD-fueled hilarity. Only the part where he's beaten up and molested is depressing. :uhoh:

LemonMelon said:
BTW, only 1/3 of Tommy is depressing. Most of the second half is LSD-fueled hilarity. Only the part where he's beaten up and molested is depressing. :uhoh:

You're right, I keep thinking of the movie over the album.

The piece of shit movie.

LemonMacPhisto said:

You're right, I keep thinking of the movie over the album.

The piece of shit movie.

I would normally post a youtube link at this point in the conversation, but that movie is just too disturbing. :yikes:

I still cannot believe Jack Nicholson is in it. This is Easy Rider-Five Easy Pieces-Last Detail-Chinatown-Cuckoo's Nest Nicholson, too, which makes no sense.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I still cannot believe Jack Nicholson is in it. This is Easy Rider-Five Easy Pieces-Last Detail-Chinatown-Cuckoo's Nest Nicholson, too, which makes no sense.

Plus, he can't really sing either. :shrug: He should have just went water skiing and jumped a shark instead. Would have saved him some time.

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

Sgt. Pepper's isn't wholly depressing, is it? I mean, outside of A Day In The Life, She's Leaving Home, and Within You Without You, it's relatively upbeat compared to some of these others you guys have been mentioning.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Well The Wall is depressing as hell most of the time, but it ends on a high note. Pink finally tearing down the wall and coming back to society... but only after he's yelled at by a huge pair of testicles.

:lmao:

Oh, how I love Gerald Scarfe.

That was the only part of the movie that really disturbed me.

Well... other than the flowers having sex with each other.

namkcuR said:
Sgt. Pepper's isn't wholly depressing, is it? I mean, outside of A Day In The Life, She's Leaving Home, and Within You Without You, it's relatively upbeat compared to some of these others you guys have been mentioning.

It's not really a concept album though. :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom