The Great Interland Oscar Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
I do too, despite my quip above. It just makes me chuckle to think about the applause.

Ah, Robert Altman won that one. Rightly so.

Bruno Kirby ... Darren McGavin ... Peter Boyle ... :(

Ironically, Altman never won an Oscar.

But yeah, Scotty and Peter Boyle were the ones I almost cried for.

I'm so glad I'm on the west coast. It's only 8:50! :drool:

Did Anna Nicole ever act in anything? Wasn't she in one of the Naked Gun movies?

There's probably a cut-off date for deaths, like there's a cutoff date for films to be released in time for nominations.

I know! It's so cool what they're doing, but still .... it creeps me out just a little.

:reject:

At the same time, I want to see them without the backdrop - how are they DOING that?

OMG the Pogues in a TV commercial!

corianderstem said:
Ah, here comes the Death Applause-O-Meter! Who's going to get the biggest round of applause?

:ohmy: I was totally thinking the same thing. I like the tribute, but the clapping thing is a bit funny. Every year it's the same. You can tell the difference between a polite clap and a woo-this-person-was-popular applause-a-thon. :lmao:

I still don't think I can guess what's going to win best picture.

I can always count on this year's Oscar show to remind me who won the acting categories last year. I couldn't remember it was Reese!

Scorsese will get it as a make up for past transgressions. That's how the Oscars work sometimes or in reverse, like overlooking a younger actor on the assumption that there best work is still ahead of them so no rush to give them an award yet.

Like Whoopi Goldberg winning an Oscar for hamming it up in Ghost, since she was snubbed for her amazing work in The Color Purple?

No, I'm not still bitter about that. :wink:

corianderstem said:
I still don't think I can guess what's going to win best picture.

I can always count on this year's Oscar show to remind me who won the acting categories last year. I couldn't remember it was Reese!

Same with me......I always forget who wins the acting categories the previous years until it comes close for the current awards to air. :lol:

corianderstem said:
I know! It's so cool what they're doing, but still .... it creeps me out just a little.

:reject:

At the same time, I want to see them without the backdrop - how are they DOING that?

They would have to blur it out!!!:wink:

Eh, another non-surprise. Good for Forrest.

Hey, I didn't know he used to sing operatic tenor! Show us on live TV, Forrest!

trevster2k said:
I think Babel will win Best Picture.

That was my original pick. Maybe it's because I didn't LOVE any of the best picture noms I saw (although I didn't see Iwo Jima).

I probably enjoyed The Queen most, but it feels too small and quiet a movie to win the Oscar.

Back
Top Bottom