the gers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
it really pleases me to see the new york rangers lose.

i dont think ive ever not wanted a team to make the playoffs more.

especially if calgary makes the jump and trades iginla to the rangers.

i have nothing against the players, there are a lot of greats there. i dont think its really sathers fault either, he is smarter than what is going on there.

Last edited:
they have terrible chemistry

it upsets me that they may get iginla, he could really turn that franchise around in a hurry, though i dont think anything's gonna keep them from missing the playoffs this season

it would be fantastic to see the penguins get into the playoffs in boston's spot ahead of the rangers.

if the b's keep falling, someone is going to get their spot.

F U Ranger haters.

I sense America Junior sympathies from you, kobayashi, and you may in fact be a Laughs fan, which makes me feel sorry for you. The Laughs are just as destructive to the small market NHL franchises as the Rangers are.

And the smart money has the Laughs taking longer than 54 years between Cups.

no disk said:
F U Ranger haters.

I sense America Junior sympathies from you, kobayashi, and you may in fact be a Laughs fan, which makes me feel sorry for you. The Laughs are just as destructive to the small market NHL franchises as the Rangers are.

And the smart money has the Laughs taking longer than 54 years between Cups.

ummm...ok. i guess youre a passionate(and aggressive) rangers fan?

i was referring to was the rangers outlandish haphazard spending of money. though the leafs are big spenders they do draw the line. quinn stopped well short of what the rangers ended up paying both kasparitis and holik and im sure youll now agree that both of the teams offered far too much. the leafs were also heavily rumored and, to some extent, expected to sign both iginla and/or theodore to an offer sheet this past summer. president dryden quashed that idea, saying the maple leafs would resist pricing out other canadian clubs whenever possible.

why do you feel sorry for a leafs fan? the rangers dont appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. they now have numerous contracts that will carry through the CBA arguments of 2004 belonging to less than mediocre players.

good luck catching rico fata and his penguins:wink:

Last edited:
kobayashi said:
ummm...ok. i guess youre a passionate(and aggressive) rangers fan?

You created the aggressive thread...?

quinn stopped well short of what the rangers ended up paying both kasparitis and holik

Quinn did not stop well short of what the Rangers paid Holik. That's a load and you know it. Laughs fans always conveniently forget this fact.

the leafs were also heavily rumored and, to some extent, expected to sign both iginla and/or theodore to an offer sheet this past summer. president dryden quashed that idea, saying the maple leafs would resist pricing out other canadian clubs whenever possible.

Really? Weren't Iginla and Theodore Group 2 FA's? Wouldn't giving up 10 first round draft picks have something to do with the Laughs not signing these players. Yeah, Dryden was protecting the canadian clubs...riiiiiight.

the Rangers now have numerous contracts that will carry through the CBA arguments of 2004 belonging to less than mediocre players.

Oh dear. Kobayashi, the Rangers lack a coach w/ a defense first system, not personel. You even said we have good players?

Rico Fata? I hope you're kidding. Fata is a joke with million dollar legs and 10 cent hands. He will proudly carry the Penguins towards the collapse of their franchise.

Having said this, the Rangers and Peguins will not make the playoffs this year.

But if by some longshot either of them do, every team in the league would love to face the Penguins 1st round, and none would want to play the Rangers.

Regardless, Iginla and Drury will look great in a Ranger jersey's this March. Finally, we will again create a young nucleus of players in NY. And the most likely senario with the CBA in 2004 will create a payroll tax, which won't affect the Rangers ability to protect their players.

down boy

no disk said:

You created the aggressive thread...?

Quinn did not stop well short of what the Rangers paid Holik. That's a load and you know it. Laughs fans always conveniently forget this fact.

Really? Weren't Iginla and Theodore Group 2 FA's? Wouldn't giving up 10 first round draft picks have something to do with the Laughs not signing these players. Yeah, Dryden was protecting the canadian clubs...riiiiiight.

Oh dear. Kobayashi, the Rangers lack a coach w/ a defense first system, not personel. You even said we have good players?

Rico Fata? I hope you're kidding. Fata is a joke with million dollar legs and 10 cent hands. He will proudly carry the Penguins towards the collapse of their franchise.

Having said this, the Rangers and Peguins will not make the playoffs this year.

But if by some longshot either of them do, every team in the league would love to face the Penguins 1st round, and none would want to play the Rangers.

Regardless, Iginla and Drury will look great in a Ranger jersey's this March. Finally, we will again create a young nucleus of players in NY. And the most likely senario with the CBA in 2004 will create a payroll tax, which won't affect the Rangers ability to protect their players.

hi no disk. in my opinion there is nothing 'aggressive' about the original post. i merely stated i hope the rangers dont make the playoffs.

in my opinion quinn stopped short-to my knowledge he ended up about a million below what holik and kasparitus got. quinn as a person is in a strange situation. he works for a team that has the money but he himself feels the whole situation is out of control, even more so than the regular GM. it is no secret he is a complainer, remember the ultimate voice in this ongoing salary debate is brian burke, quinn's understudy in vancouver. the man has very set opinions about what players should be making.

ive always felt quinn would be more comfortable in a smaller market team, with a lower budget. where hockey sensibilities are much more important throughout management. teams like vancouver, ottawa, edmonton even new jersey to some extent all must rely on thier hockey sense because they do not have the money to rely on. having a cash resource to turn to can create more problems than its worth unless you're pierre lacroix.

it doesnt matter anyway. both the players are having terrible seasons and both of our teams overbid by a long shot on them. but quinn stopped well short of where sather placed them.
those are all nice opinions you have.

you are right, both iginla and theodore were group 2, and there would be a cost of 10 picks in total for acquiring both. that is a lot. but the maple leafs needed a goalie. they could have signed theodore for a lot cheaper than what they offered cujo and eventually gave belfour. either way there are costs.
as for iginla, it is well known that quinn wanted to get him after coaching him in salt lake city a year ago. it is the same inspiration that made him get belfour and he is now apparently pursuing nolan. this is not without precedent.

the 'fata' reference is a joke. he has, not surprisingly, turned it on since lining up with mario.

the rangers do have good players. but as wanderer said there is no chemistry present.

:)

Last edited:
Re: down boy

Hello, Kobayashi.

You say there is nothing aggressive about your post, but you created a thread on a public forum with unprovoked hostile opinions against the Rangers. This is an act of aggression, imo, and will not go un-checked, dude.

kobayashi said:
in my opinion quinn stopped short-to my knowledge he ended up about a million below what holik and kasparitus got.

This does not make sense.

the man has very set opinions about what players should be making...and quinn stopped well short of where sather placed them.[/B]

Indeed.

Al Strachan reported Quinn offered 8.5 to Holik. And that TO was first to offer up five years to both players. In short, the Laughs drove up the price and contract length of those two.

it doesnt matter anyway. both the players are having terrible seasons.[/B]

Holik is having a terrible season? Really? I had no idea. Most others worth their salt who watch and report on the team would disagree with you. He has been exactly what the Rangers asked for and is an invaluable piece for the Rangers to turn things around. Furthermore, he is possibly the best FA signing in Ranger history; only those fixated on his salary fail to see this.

Kaspar, however, is brutal. Colorado did not resign him for a reason, but no one thought he would be this bad.

you are right, both iginla and theodore were group 2, and there would be a cost of 10 picks in total for acquiring both. that is a lot. but the maple leafs needed a goalie. they could have signed theodore for a lot cheaper than what they offered cujo and eventually gave belfour. either way there are costs.[/B]

The fact that you believe Iginla and Theodore are worth 10 1st round picks, and that TO would even consider this is mindboggling. It makes no hockey or business sense.

As the teams stands today, you both are right, we do not have the right chemistry to succeed in the defense first nature of the NHL. Only Hitchcock would have provided this system, but Slats blew this opportunity and every other coaching decision he has had.

a few closing notes

well it doesnt appear we are getting anywhere:)

its funny you are quoting al strachan. many close to the leafs feel his columns are...well not much more than an interesting read. i think it was a couple of weeks ago he reported quinn having come out of a board meeting...thus kovalev would be in the blue and white imminently (maybe he just forgot to include red?...:wink: )

and i didnt mean to imply acquiring iginla or theodore was a good idea, especially for the price quoted, either during the summer or now when their value is much lower. fact remains though, especially for theodore, quinn needed a goalie and theodore was attractive coming off of the playoffs.

quite capital arguing no disk...good times-good times
:wink:

zonelistener said:
those posts remind me of a former mod who posted in FYM and quoted people.....:lol:

:lol:

for the record: other entities i dont really like but i cant explain why...

jaromir jagr...i cant stop thinking about his scary hair
phil mickelson...he has a peculiar smile
baseball...:slant:
claude lemiuex...i dont want to the stars win if only to not have this superpest be the first player to win 4 cups with 4 teams.
and maybe some others

Back
Top Bottom