The everything you ever wanted to know about The Church but were afraid to ask thread - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Just to make it 300.
__________________

__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #302
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
Just to make it 300.
or a touch over 3/5s of the way to being closed.

__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #303
Acrobat
 
reptile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: australia
Posts: 474
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra


or a touch over 3/5s of the way to being closed.

They wouldnt dare!.......



Would they?

__________________
reptile is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #304
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by reptile


They wouldnt dare!.......



Would they?


Don't worry...I'll start a new one.

It will be a lot like The Church -- not all that many people will read it, but it will just keep on going it's merry way.


This one should be good for at least another few months though -- it's been going since July I think.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-12-2006, 03:58 AM   #305
Acrobat
 
reptile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: australia
Posts: 474
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Thats the spirit!

We should have much to discuss, what with the new album and the commonwealth games gig coming up.

Imagine, The Church opening the games and U2 closing! Now theres a good rumour to get started!...
__________________
reptile is offline  
Old 01-12-2006, 04:18 AM   #306
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by reptile
Thats the spirit!

We should have much to discuss, what with the new album and the commonwealth games gig coming up.

Imagine, The Church opening the games and U2 closing! Now theres a good rumour to get started!...
And Steve has a couple of side projects (a second Isidore cd and the Mimesis thingie) in the works. MWP always seems to have other projects going as well. So it really is a great time to be a Church fan.

SK would probably have a rant about your Commonwealth Games scenario....
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #307
Acrobat
 
reptile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: australia
Posts: 474
Local Time: 07:20 PM
I know, thats what i love about the senario!

I cant imagine Bono not finding common ground with someone. I think little stevie might soften his opinion of Bono and the boys if he actually met them. I mean even Henry Rollins is saying nice things about Bono now!!

Roll on march.....
__________________
reptile is offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 01:07 AM   #308
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by reptile
I know, thats what i love about the senario!

I cant imagine Bono not finding common ground with someone. I think little stevie might soften his opinion of Bono and the boys if he actually met them. I mean even Henry Rollins is saying nice things about Bono now!!

Roll on march.....

Steve not ranting is like Bono not pontificating -- it ain't gonna happen.

I'm not sure SK would soften his opinion of Bono (I'm not sure he wouldn't either, but he might well pick up some mannerisms -- I hear Stevie is a wicked mimic.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-20-2006, 05:02 AM   #309
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Hey reptile and Blueeyedgirl, it isn't the full band, but MWP is doing a series of solo shows that could be loads of fun. Here's the info for the Adelaide show.

MWP SOLO APPEARING WITH:
The Mood Maidens - Sophie Hutchings (Bluebottle Kiss/Hitchcocks Regret) on piano, Sophie Glasson (The Starboard Cast) on Cello and Amanda Brown (Go Betweens/Cleopatra Wong/Love Me) on violin.

WED MARCH 1ST - GRACE EMILY HOTEL, 232 Waymouth St. Adelaide SA
Tel: 08 8231-5500


Oooh, and the SK blog entry for today is hilarious. SK going bushwalking.

I'm not quite sure if he's the last guy you'd want for such a trip:

Quote:
i have not brought any food
or useful utensils
...
others go to find firewood and fresh water
naughty sk espies a tube of condensed milk
mmmm aint seen one o those in ages
despite being a vegan
despite that this tube must be the milknsugar
for many cups o tea
sk despicably sucks most of it down
and has to guiltily bear blame
everytime cups of tea are made
and drunk
all very unmilky and sweet
or the first:

Quote:
i score brownie points
for my big bag o pam and perrys finest
...
sk very proud of his bush skills
(can roll a spliff in wind
AND
rain
w/ filter and everything)




(would it be considered weird if I said my goal in life is to share a spliff with the Stevester? )
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #310
Acrobat
 
reptile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: australia
Posts: 474
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Hey reptile and Blueeyedgirl, it isn't the full band, but MWP is doing a series of solo shows that could be loads of fun. Here's the info for the Adelaide show.

MWP SOLO APPEARING WITH:
The Mood Maidens - Sophie Hutchings (Bluebottle Kiss/Hitchcocks Regret) on piano, Sophie Glasson (The Starboard Cast) on Cello and Amanda Brown (Go Betweens/Cleopatra Wong/Love Me) on violin.

WED MARCH 1ST - GRACE EMILY HOTEL, 232 Waymouth St. Adelaide SA
Tel: 08 8231-5500


Oooh, and the SK blog entry for today is hilarious. SK going bushwalking.

I'm not quite sure if he's the last guy you'd want for such a trip:



or the first:







(would it be considered weird if I said my goal in life is to share a spliff with the Stevester? )
oh for fucks sake....i just wrote a shitload to be told i had used too many smilies...now ive lost my original post

short version.....thrilled about MWP gig..i WILL be there!!...its bloody hot here (5.24am) and even drunk i cannot sleep...and now im pissed that ive lost my original and much wittier post...oh well

Love & Peace/....
__________________
reptile is offline  
Old 01-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #311
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by reptile


oh for fucks sake....i just wrote a shitload to be told i had used too many smilies...now ive lost my original post

short version.....thrilled about MWP gig..i WILL be there!!...its bloody hot here (5.24am) and even drunk i cannot sleep...and now im pissed that ive lost my original and much wittier post...oh well

Love & Peace/....
I've had the "too many smilies etc." thing happen to me too, and it's irritating as all hell. Especially because I don't think I use a ton of them either.

But I thought you'd be interested in the MWP shows. He's doing like a month and a half of them while he's in the country.

And it looks as if you guys will continue to get fairly regular Church shows coming through -- I spoke to SK a bit ago and he thought the band might be limiting it's shows to just a few cities -- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide. So good news for you! (then again, the limiting thing could just be SK in a downish mood -- still it looks good for you.)

Oooh! I got the photos yesterday. Thank you! I'm thrilled. (and I still haven't sent the package off to you yet, but I plan to early next week -- yes, I am a slacker... )
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-21-2006, 04:07 AM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
blueeyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bottom of the earth
Posts: 6,774
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Oooh, Marty is coming back!!!!! Maybe he's coming back just for me, he knows how I so wanted to be there in December. Me and Marty in the same room.....

Oh yes reptile, I'll definitely be there for the music.

__________________
blueeyedgirl is offline  
Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #313
Acrobat
 
reptile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: australia
Posts: 474
Local Time: 07:20 PM
well at least you know he is a musician......
__________________
reptile is offline  
Old 01-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
blueeyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bottom of the earth
Posts: 6,774
Local Time: 07:20 PM
My favourite kind....
__________________
blueeyedgirl is offline  
Old 01-22-2006, 03:58 AM   #315
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:50 AM
From the photos I've seen, MWP is looking mighty fine these days.... And I think he's looking for a girlfriend...

(someone asked Marty where he lived and he said he was between homes right now. And he explained it by the following: "What do you call a musician without a girlfriend? Homeless." )


I have a friend who years ago dated a MWP wannabe...he did the whole dressing like him and working to look as much like him as possible. My friend just had a little girl....and named her Piper. She swears it was her husband's idea and not after Marty.


Oh, and it looks as if the new Church release (Uninvited, Like the Clouds) is being delayed yet again. Not sure how long this time, but one site has it listed as being released in April. Damned thing has been finished for well over a year. Ah well, par for the course.
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com