The Djibouti Chat Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:lol: I remember when you were on ISDN! And I was on fuckin' dialup! :lol:

Fuckin' dark ages, eh.

Oh dear god.

I remember I only got Broadband right at the time of like, maybe a month or so after I got back from America. So I was able to download most the Vertigo Tour Bootlegs :lol:

Good Times!

Axver said:
The Melbourne gig is on 25/04. Need me to send you more tracks? :wink:
... I did know that, I just got confused when you said there were three.. then I remembered you're following them around.

Stalker. :tsk:

:wink:

I never say no to music... and you still owe me Allagoch or Agalloch or whoever that mob is. :D

Axver said:
Ah, you're on cable? Then yeah, Optus or Telstra it'd almost certainly be. I know that if I had cable, I'd ditch the phone and just use Skype for everything. As it stands, I'm on broadband so I have to keep my landline. And there's no way I'm going cable unless Internode are offering it.
I hardly use the phone but my housemates do, so that's not really an option unless we do the VOIP thing, which apparently means no line rental, but the possibility of the net slowing to a crawl whenever you use the phone. But theoretically it shouldn't do that... theory doesn't always have a lot to do with real life though. ;)

bono_man2002 said:

Oh dear god.

I remember I only got Broadband right at the time of like, maybe a month or so after I got back from America. So I was able to download most the Vertigo Tour Bootlegs :lol:

Good Times!

I remember burning stuff for you because I had broadband earlier! I got it in ... either December 2003 or January 2004. I pretty much ceased trading when I went to the US and haven't had the desire to restart since.

Axver said:
I could get to it, but late at night I'd have a hard time getting home, given the trams don't run 24/7.
I'd be driving, so I could give you a lift. Even if it means driving through the city... :yikes:

You will have to sign a waiver beforehand though. :wink:

Alisaura said:

... I did know that, I just got confused when you said there were three.. then I remembered you're following them around.

Stalker. :tsk:

:wink:

I never say no to music... and you still owe me Allagoch or Agalloch or whoever that mob is. :D

I'm sticking to my excuse that they may never come back to Australia, so three gigs is quite acceptable! I'm going to be fucking exhausted though, what with the travelling and all the standing. AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PLAY! I don't know how the band does it.

And yes, I can't wait to see what you think of Agalloch! :lol:

Alisaura said:

I hardly use the phone but my housemates do, so that's not really an option unless we do the VOIP thing, which apparently means no line rental, but the possibility of the net slowing to a crawl whenever you use the phone. But theoretically it shouldn't do that... theory doesn't always have a lot to do with real life though. ;)

I have absolutely no familiarity with VOIP, so I can't help you there. I've looked into it that little that I'm not even sure if Skype is VOIP technology or something else. All I know is that I like Skype a lot, and if I wanted, it could be my permanent phone number for a fee much lower than Tel$tra.

Axver said:
I remember burning stuff for you because I had broadband earlier! I got it in ... either December 2003 or January 2004. I pretty much ceased trading when I went to the US and haven't had the desire to restart since.
Ack!! Must remember to copy the Melbourne shows for Melissa....

Axver said:

:lol:

Yes I remember that, I got the first 2-3 VT shows from you , and the 3 cam mix from the Brooklyn Bridge...which I just found the other day actually.

Alisaura said:

I'd be driving, so I could give you a lift. Even if it means driving through the city... :yikes:

You will have to sign a waiver beforehand though. :wink:

:lol: That would be very nice of you. It doesn't look like the venue's too far from my place, just across the inner northern suburbs, but of course, all the buses stop running by about 10pm (and even that late only if you're lucky) and the trams don't run cross-suburb. I totally don't get why there isn't a tram route along Brunswick Road to link Fitzroy North with Moonee Ponds and Essendon.

Axver said:
I'm going to be fucking exhausted though, what with the travelling and all the standing. AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PLAY! I don't know how the band does it.
The direction of $$$ flow is reversed? :wink: Plus they don't have to do any queueing, if any is required....

Alisaura said:

Ack!! Must remember to copy the Melbourne shows for Melissa....

Don't I owe you both stuff ...?

Well, if we do another meet-up, you can put in your requests and hope I bring them. :wink:

Axver said:
:lol: That would be very nice of you. It doesn't look like the venue's too far from my place, just across the inner northern suburbs, but of course, all the buses stop running by about 10pm (and even that late only if you're lucky) and the trams don't run cross-suburb. I totally don't get why there isn't a tram route along Brunswick Road to link Fitzroy North with Moonee Ponds and Essendon.
As long as there are no hook-turns to deal with, I'll be fine... and last time I looked, the Aust. U2 Show didn't go on till 10pm anyway, so there may have to be some eating and/or drinking beforehand.

Oh darn. :wink:

I have got to go... I don't feel great and I need my beauty sleep.

:wave: seeya folks... take care Ax and feel free to email me at work or text or whatever if you want to. :hug:

Alisaura said:

The direction of $$$ flow is reversed? :wink: Plus they don't have to do any queueing, if any is required....

True, and they don't have to stand through the opener or anything! Actually, I wonder who the opener will be. I'd die of joy if they brought Pure Reason Revolution down.

Hopefully not much queuing will be required. Certainly nothing approaching U2! I queued for 10 minutes for EITS and somehow still got front row ..!

Alisaura said:

As long as there are no hook-turns to deal with, I'll be fine... and last time I looked, the Aust. U2 Show didn't go on till 10pm anyway, so there may have to be some eating and/or drinking beforehand.

Oh darn. :wink:

I have got to go... I don't feel great and I need my beauty sleep.

:wave: seeya folks... take care Ax and feel free to email me at work or text or whatever if you want to. :hug:

:lol: No hookturns in this part of town, don't worry about that!

I might drop you a line later on. Hope you have a good night for now! :hug:

:wave:

Alisaura said:
PS: Do we know where the next thread will be? Uzbekistan perhaps? :wink:

If I get to make it, Te Urewera National Park. The Burnt Penis!

Let's hope we get there. Only fifty more posts to go, folks! Come on!

Axver said:
Don't I owe you both stuff ...?

Well, if we do another meet-up, you can put in your requests and hope I bring them. :wink:
I can't remember if you owe me anything (besides Agalloch) ;). .. I dunno...

*brain dead*

You got me curious about this you tube vid now.

Alisaura said:
*decides net's running too slow for You Tube and goes to bed*

Damn, I suck at getting to bed before midnight. :banghead:

These days, I suck at getting to bed before 2am! :lol:

bono_man2002 said:

Mee tooooo!

Thats why I'm hitting the hay now.

Have a good night everyone (I think that everyone is you Andre)

See ya tomorrow :wave:

Oh, righto! And we're so close to finishing the thread, just 42 posts to go as of this one! Ah well, hopefully somebody else will show up.

Have a good night! :wave:

Axver said:

Oh, righto! And we're so close to finishing the thread, just 42 posts to go as of this one! Ah well, hopefully somebody else will show up.

Have a good night! :wave:

I might jump on before work for a bit, thats If I can be Bothered getting up at 6:30 instead of 7 :madspit:

See you in where ever we are next:wave:

I'll miss Djibouti!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom