The Cobblers Two 156 Roma St, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia - Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this while browsing through SkyscraperCity. I couldn't resist posting it here.

ae196053e4e63b429902ee08f6bc2391_1877980671_12834993796_800px.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Absolutely ridiculous, how the hell does one manage to put a massive pole in the middle of an apartment? :laugh:

With Ashley's...everything...sadly out of commission, I still need someone to listen to my DI list before I submit it. Any takers?

Wait, I just had an idea. Ash, if I gave you the list of tracks, could you maybe stream it in Grooveshark? Then again, that sounds like a pain in the ass. :hmm:

If you do want a preliminary final draft, shoot me a PM, inbox me or post on my FB wall, or MSN me. Whichever you prefer.

With Ashley's...everything...sadly out of commission, I still need someone to listen to my DI list before I submit it. Any takers?

Wait, I just had an idea. Ash, if I gave you the list of tracks, could you maybe stream it in Grooveshark? Then again, that sounds like a pain in the ass. :hmm:

If you do want a preliminary final draft, shoot me a PM, inbox me or post on my FB wall, or MSN me. Whichever you prefer.
I tried to access Grooveshark on the PS3 and it wouldn't work :(.

It's possible for me to use Grooveshark on the desktop, just when I get on the desktop I don't know. I'm really busy this weekend starting this evenging though, thanks to Christmas and all, we're doing Christmas Eve tonight because my step-dad has to work Sat. morning and Benny still believes in Santa Claus.

So, starting sunday, if I can, I will listen to your DI. k?

Just curious, Ashley, by what you mean when you say you're "doing Christmas Eve". We've never had any special Christmas Eve traditions in my family, and I've honestly always been a little jealous of those families/cultures that do.

We sit in the living room, read Luke 2, each open one present, and then put out milk and cookies (and carrots for the reindeer) for Santa and then Britt and I (well just me this year) let Ben sleep in one of our rooms and watch Christmas movies with him until he falls asleep. That's just barebones, but it really is fun.

Ah, sounds cool. About the only thing we ever did was leave out alcohol and biscuits for Santa (and a carrot for the reindeer too!). But for me, that was more a Christmas Day sort of thing, to get up in the morning and see the empty glass and the crumbs left on the plate. It became a bit of a running gag, as we kept doing it long after I knew Santa wasn't real.

Not sure what it says about our respective families that we left out alcohol and you leave out milk. Perhaps just that my father preferred to drink some rum/beer/wine/whatever after I went to bed than a glass of milk! :lol:

I think after my parents separated, Mum left out milk, not being much of a drinker herself.

Oh, and when I found out some people have traditions of opening one/some/all presents on Christmas Eve, you better believe I pestered my parents into letting me do that!

I don't recall ever succeeding. Maybe I scored one present one year?

Our only Christmas Eve tradition was to drive around town and look at all the lights on the houses...

I wore my reindeer Crowdies t-shirt today without even realising the Christmassy connection, until someone at work pointed it out. Now I want to find a red sticker and stick it on the deer's nose... :lol:

Another co-worker wanted to draw cross-hairs over it. :tsk:

Our only Christmas Eve tradition was to drive around town and look at all the lights on the houses...

We did that, but not necessarily on Christmas. Any convenient night (read as: nothing on telly, not raining) in the week beforehand would do.

I wore my reindeer Crowdies t-shirt today without even realising the Christmassy connection, until someone at work pointed it out. Now I want to find a red sticker and stick it on the deer's nose... :lol:

Another co-worker wanted to draw cross-hairs over it. :tsk:

Is that a reindeer? Ha, because guess which Crowded House shirt I pulled out of the wardrobe this morning ...!

I tried to access Grooveshark on the PS3 and it wouldn't work :(.

It's possible for me to use Grooveshark on the desktop, just when I get on the desktop I don't know. I'm really busy this weekend starting this evenging though, thanks to Christmas and all, we're doing Christmas Eve tonight because my step-dad has to work Sat. morning and Benny still believes in Santa Claus.

So, starting sunday, if I can, I will listen to your DI. k?
I just don't want you to feel like you have to practically kill yourself just to listen to my list. If you can't, it's fine. You had no way of knowing your laptop, phone, and everything else was going to die in the span of a week. :) No worries. I'm still futzing with details and stuff.

Our Christmas eve tradition for as long as I can remember is to drive across town to my aunt's house. Yes, the same aunt I've mentioned before. We eat pizza, hang out, open presents, then we come home, open a present--pajamas--then Riley goes to bed and my mom and I do the Santa thing. This year we have an excuse to cut out early so we don't have to put up with insufferable people: Dave. I've been invited to his family's get-together, or at least that's what we're saying. Give them something to talk about besides the car crash, which I really don't want to talk about. At all.

We did that, but not necessarily on Christmas. Any convenient night (read as: nothing on telly, not raining) in the week beforehand would do.

Is that a reindeer? Ha, because guess which Crowded House shirt I pulled out of the wardrobe this morning ...!

Well, usually there is nothing on TV on Xmas Eve... and we tended to just put it off till the last minute. So that's where I got my procrastinatory tendencies from!

Well, I don't know that it's a reindeer specifically I suppose, but it has antlers, which is good enough. *L*

We stuck a red nose on it.

T-shirt twinz! :D

One of my co-workers has Mariah Carey Xmas songs yodelling out of their laptop. :mad: :crack:

I have Up+C Down+C in my earphones. Sadly I think one of them may be finally dying... :(

Magnitogorsk... :love:

Also, people, I need 70 minutes of essential Muse for a co-worker. She expressed curiosity about them and I offered to make her a CD... she prefers audio CDs over mp3 ones, alas, otherwise I'd just give her all the albums. *L*
Suggestions welcomed!

(Or can you get 80 mins on a CD?)

The waitresses of Riley's favorite diner gave us a bucket of change from their tips. We counted it tonight. It's $100. We're a little speechless :ohmy:

Magnitogorsk... :love:

Also, people, I need 70 minutes of essential Muse for a co-worker. She expressed curiosity about them and I offered to make her a CD... she prefers audio CDs over mp3 ones, alas, otherwise I'd just give her all the albums. *L*
Suggestions welcomed!

(Or can you get 80 mins on a CD?)
80. :D

I vote for Starlight and Take A Bow. And the better half of Absolution.

The waitresses of Riley's favorite diner gave us a bucket of change from their tips. We counted it tonight. It's $100. We're a little speechless :ohmy:

:ohmy: That is very awesome of them. I do like these little moments where you think humanity isn't always so bad. Good on them! :up:

80. :D

I vote for Starlight and Take A Bow. And the better half of Absolution.

Consensus at work is you can get 70 and 80 min CDs, but I can't remember which I have at home. I hope 80!

Worthy suggestions. I'm also going to stick Sunburn on there... I always get stuck when it comes to Origin though. :hmm:

Wow, that's awesome Reggo!

Alison, I've never seen a CD that isn't 80 minutes. Anyway, give me a minute for Essential Muse suggestions. Remember: everything post-Absolution is not essential.

Here we go, this is 64:30. Hastily thrown together, but I think it's good, and it even has room to add The Gallery and Yes Please! Not that I'd really use either as part of a Muse Introductory Package ...

Ax's "Muse Are Dead, Long Live Muse" Compilation

1. Newborn
2. Apocalypse Please
3. Sunburn
4. Cave
5. Time Is Running Out
6. Citizen Erased
7. Micro Cuts
8. Hysteria
9. Agitated
10. Stockholm Syndrome
11. Muscle Museum
12. Showbiz
13. In Your World
14. Dead Star
15. Plug In Baby

Ah, I see chronological order isn't essential... :hmm:

Thanks for that, Ax... I do feel sort of obliged to represent the more recent albums too, though. :wink:

Home time!! :yippie:

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom