The Canucks Vs. The Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael Griffiths said:
To be honest, the Canucks look shaken. Even though they dominated the 1st period, outshooting them 12-4, you can see that they're quite demoralized now. Or maybe that's just me. :sad: :angry:
let's hope not!!
They have to regroup and refocus...they can get out of this!! :sigh:

Michael...you were right after all...
Dammit...another freakin goal...I don't think they'll bounce back from this one. :angry:

oh lemon, every game the canucks lose its the refs fault. im surprised you havent figured it out yet.

maybe bertuzzi shouldnt have told the fans not to buy tickets to game 6.

so freakin arrogant.

Chizip said:

maybe bertuzzi shouldnt have told the fans not to buy tickets to game 6.

so freakin arrogant.
I guess you didn't hear what indeed the fans said to him to get him to respond that way. They were heckling him as he walked past, so obviously he's going to say something back.

ah yes, i guess being a bigger man and just walking away isnt an option. he had to stoop to the level of a heckling crowd. thats what leaders do.

Just to add: the Canucks are a broken team right now. I don't mean physically, but mentally. They didn't come close to playing their 'A' game, and their confidence is so shattered now I can't see it happening tomorrow night. They've got to get a couple early and lucky goals in order to retreive some of it, and then go from there. Hopefully they'll make it interesting.

Originally posted by Cujo

if the team is arrogant and full of shit, the fan is arrogant and full of shit

since bertuzzi is arrogant and full of shit, i think that means cujo just called you arrogant and full of shit as well

ouch

I don't think the series is over (for the Nucks)... it's nice to see that the Vancouver bandwagon is empty, because my legs are tired from standing out in the field. It would be great to see the Canucks win, just so that Michael can be proven wrong with his assumptions about the Ducks... The Canucks might take game 7, but it's a very audacious statement to say that if they do they'll take the cup. There's still a lot of hockey to play, and hopefully for this forum's sake the Canucks will win...

PS- on a lighter note... Paul Kariya and Giggy are on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. Going to size up your next opponent Mikey?

About the only thing the Canucks can hold onto is this: they have not lost 3 games in a row all season long. In fact, the last time they lost 3 in a row was against Detroit in the playoffs last year.

Here's another stat for ya Mikey: No team has ever rebounded from a 3-1 deficit twice in one playoff year. At least you got that going for you.

Chizip said:

hey cujo said it not me :huh:

I'm sorry for bastardizing this thread.

PS- I'm also sorry for bastardizing the word bastardizing.

cujo said:
Here's another stat for ya Mikey: No team has ever rebounded from a 3-1 deficit twice in one playoff year. At least you got that going for you.
Actually, I never bought into this stupid stat. How many teams have had the *opportunity* to come back from a 3-1 defecit twice in the same playoffs? Not many teams who are good enough to come back from such a defecit get themselves into the same predicament in the same playoff year.

Hey, I was just trying to give you some statistical support, seeing as you thrive on it. Next time I'll say something like... the Canucks have never won the Cup, when they've actually had many opportunities.

Plus, a lot of teams that have gone on after rebounding from a 3-1 deficit usually tank in the next round because it takes so much out of them. So, the Wild would be an anomaly...

I can think of many teams that have gone down 3-1 on two different occassions and have ended up losing the second one.

All I'm saying is that so many fans have taken some kind of solace in that stat, when in actual fact it's rather meaningless. So what if no team has done that before? There's always a first time for everything. It's not as though they're inventing warp speed capability or something.

Michael Griffiths said:
It's not as though they're inventing warp speed capability or something.

Oh they've invented warp speed alright... warp speed sleeping pills.

You could cut the tension with a spoon.

Damnit, where's my bloody spoon?

There's this guy posing as the Iraqi Info Minister on the sportsnet board. Some funny stuff...:laugh: :lmao:

"Todd the caliph scored 46 goals in game 5, you have all been fooled by the pigmonkey imperialists. Come with me, I will show you the evidence.

The chosen Canucks have been waiting in Vancouver for the apocalyptic battle that awaits them when the donkey worshipping evil water fowl from California travel to their slaughter at GM Place tomorrow night.

Bring on the evil water fowl !!!"

Also...

"You people have all been fooled by the pig monkey imperialists from ABC.
The Canucks have already won, I can show you the evidence.
The infidels from Minnescrota have already been dispatched to the firey pits of the 3rd layer of hell.

The chosen Canucks await the impending battle with the crusading water beasts from California.

Bring on the evil fowl !!!"

I needed that! :laugh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom