The Brasilian soccer team is lucky I... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 04:18 AM
The Brasilian soccer team is lucky I...

can't afford to go to Korea, Japan, or wherever the heck they are to kick their arse. What a fecking circus, that wasn't a game that was like watching a soccer coach teaching little 5 years old to play and going easy on them and smiling whenever they did something good ARGH!!!! WTF was Rivaldo doing at the end of the match? And Ronaldinho (11) do you need me to move the goal for you? HOW THE HECK DID HE MISS ALL THOSE!!!! And yes people the objective of the game is to put the ball in the net not dance with in front of the goal. AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!! I hate this team....so much potential and they play like shite. Yes I'm Brasilian I'm allowed to bitch, and sorry but I needed vent.

Old 06-03-2002, 05:32 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 01:18 AM

Puta merda Marina, que bando de mercenários...minha vontade era de chutar o traseiro de cada um...menos do Juninho, pra mim o melhor em campo.

Sorry guys, end of rant in portuguese mbi16 is right, they could do much better than that...but anyways it's our team and we won. Lets see what happens in the next match on Saturday.

Old 06-03-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by follower
Puta merda Marina, que bando de mercenários...minha vontade era de chutar o traseiro de cada um...menos do Juninho, pra mim o melhor em campo.

Hey I understood that!!!!
Brazil will play better!
Old 06-03-2002, 08:32 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:18 PM
I'm sure you need to know this...I was running around the loungeroom with my Ronaldo shirt over my head.That's my boy!!

plus I want to see if this avatar doovelackey is working
Old 06-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #5
Refugee

You know rafmed, some things always sound better in my own language

My previous reply here was right after re-watching the game. And I got pissed. So many stars and we´re still don´t have the team we´ve dreamt of. Only time will tell but our coach Felipão is doing his best.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:58 PM   #6
Refugee

Latinamerica power

Oh I know about talking trash to our teams

Brazil can save some games with the individual talent they have, but yes, they will need to find the team work.

Lets hope our latinamerica teams advance.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:57 AM   #7
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by follower
Maria you nearly killed me with laughter...you know the most annoying thing was that the announcers here were all very pleased with the performance. They're all like great game, brilliant performance by Ronaldo, blah blah blah it makes me wonder if they were even watching the same game as I was. And of course Juninho was the best player in field he's from São Paulo Futebol Clube, my favorite team Frieking bunch of overpaid lazy ass superstars, it's so frustrating to watch cause you know they can play better but they don't, but they don't care. ARGH!!! I'm gonna have a heart-attack before this is over.

Raf I love your avatar...*waits patiently for mine to be completed*
Old 06-04-2002, 05:23 AM   #8
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by rafmed
Hey I understood that!!!!
hey you know I kind of did too er well parts anyway, and I dont speak Portugese OR Spanish
Old 06-04-2002, 07:15 AM   #9
Refugee

Okay, maybe I should apologize , that was not exactly polite, coming from a lady like me and I thought only Marina would get it...BUT THOSE GUYS GET ME MAD SOMETIMES. I WANT NO MORE STARS BUT A REAL TEAM!

Okay, I´ll calm down now. I´m bitter.
:lemon:
Old 06-04-2002, 07:54 AM   #10
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:18 PM

Experience tells me that all u should worry about is the result- All of the last 3 world cups have been won by teams that fought through some pretty ugly football at times. They mastered the art of securing a result without playing great, and thats exactly what Brazil did against Turkey, and will have to do a few more times if theyre to win it this year.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:27 AM   #11
you are what you is

Local Time: 05:18 AM
brettig is right
probly the main reason holland willl never win the world championship (if we manage to qualify that is )
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-04-2002, 12:08 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by brettig
Experience tells me that all u should worry about is the result- All of the last 3 world cups have been won by teams that fought through some pretty ugly football at times. They mastered the art of securing a result without playing great, and thats exactly what Brazil did against Turkey, and will have to do a few more times if theyre to win it this year.
brettig, the voice of the reason...but it´s not enough, it´s definitely not enough my friend, I would exchange a few stars for a more cohesive group, more comitted to our very own nation, you know. I can´t help feeling kinda disappointed with it.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:40 PM   #13
Acrobat

I agree, I'm not big fan of Brazil, but they were very disappointing. They were most un-Brazil-like. Getting the ball wide and throwing crosses into the box doesn't speak to me of the swift and incisive passing that is usually associated with them. also they seem to be packing the midfield, with less than attacking players.
It seems the team consists of a few superstars Ronaldo, Rivaldo et al, and a lot of inadequate players, I thought Ronaldihno and Roque Junior were quite frankly awful.
I also fail to see why Roberto Carlos is in the team sometimes. OK so he scored a couple of good free kicks, 4 years ago!!! he isnt a very good defender, he tends to try to be fancy when the ball needs booted out of defence, he is greedy, tends to cut inside and shoot rather than pass, and when he does put crosses in, they were rarely any good. He also seem ill-disciplined, and dives.
As for Rivaldo, his actions speak for themselves, I hear he's subject to a FIFA disciplinary hearing but he wont be banned. also the sending off will stand. (which is ok I suppose...)
Old 06-04-2002, 02:27 PM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by brettig
Ugly football or not, Germany 90, Brazil 94 and France 98, always had good team work, something this Brazil is very far from it, they saved Turkey game with individual performance.

They still have time, lets see what happens, so far only Italy and Argentina, even not pretty, look like strong teams.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:29 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:18 PM
well you learn something new every day.
You can only edit for 20 minutes aftre you post. hmmmmmmbummer for a serail editor such as myself. Does this mean I have to stop talking shite?

I thought I should say, the shirt caper, was well before the game started. I get into it with the food , the music, the antics. I like to tease my boys too, to get them back for all the teasing they do to me.
Brasilllllllllllllll, the home of japoticabas ( I know I go on about them, but that tree is amazing, it's fruited about 5 times this year and it's covered in flowers again!!I want to plant a field of them.
June 5 today World Environment Day..a good day to start.
Save the Rainforest....PLEASE.

I am still learning to drive this new fangled thing which is why I have added the pic of my Diego Placente lookalike. They move in a similar way and even both wear #13
GO THE BEARS
Attached Images