The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Party Boy said:
We got Sunderland & Wigan. By which time I hope the trophies will be getting cleaned in our trophy room..

Be interesting to see Chelsea-v-Arsenal so early in season

the only thing that'll be cleaned in your trophy room is the empty spot where our premiership trophy won't be. :p

i know...it'll definately be an interesting game.

Sweet Tart said:
it's pretty sad that me, you and party boy are the only ones around here nowadays.

Don't worry - it'll kick off again once August comes. Yertle's normally in and out often too...:wink:

btw - did we ever get the results of the little game we had going on? I think Aardvark Devils won it outright didnt they?:hmm:

:rockon:

Party Boy said:
I am sooooo hungover today. One beer after work yesterday... got home at midnight..

:up: Good man

I ache like buggery. Me and the lads went for our annual game of footy. A full 90 mins too. Jeeeez. My body wants to die this morning! I made a terrific save when it was my turn in goal!:cool:
I didnt score any for my team, tho I set up a couple...:up:

Lost 10-8 in the end tho...:down:

Party Boy said:
Aardvark, your going to Cardiff right? Have 4 tickets available - 2 sets of 2 or sold as 4 - for cardiff if you know of anyone interested? Face value - £70 each..

Would've had 2 off ya for my bro, but he got some just yesterday now i'm afraid. Are u not going then?

Ian Rush to possibly play for TNS against Liverpool?

Yeah it's a nice idea on paper, more people will probably want to watch the match, but it kinda ruins the spirit of things. I mean, there's probably no chance in hell that TNS are going to win (they lost 5-0 to Man City in some UEFA Cup thingamabob some time ago) but why deny them the opportunity and let them 'have a nice day out with Ian Rush'? I mean, if Shelbourne could hold Deprotivo to a 0-0...

Aardvark747 said:
Robert slags off Souness in the paper today. A great read!:up:
He reckons they'd have won the UEFA Cup last season, had the manager had the intelligence.

ouch!

that's harsh.

so we sold another one of our strikers today (kezman for 5.3 mill to athletico madrid) and still no one to replace them. now we are down to guddy :D and drogba :sigh: i really hope we get someone soon.

Could you really describe Kezman as a striker? Considering he couldn't hit a barn door with his own foot, I don't think he will be greatly missed. Neither would Drogba if he was sold.

Your strengths come from the wings and from eider guddy inbetween forwards and midfield. But yeah it seems every striker you are interested won't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom