The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Party Boy said:
Nah Paul is quite fond of the odd beer.. odd being 13/15/17 etc. He was meant to be a BBC commentator at last world cup covering ireland games but on the flight out with the team he was a little worse for wear and made a few comments at some of the players wives. That was that!

Yes - im sure I recall that now!

"ooh ah, paul mcgrath"

what a great chant that was lol

yeh big paul liked a few beers here and there. i remember the last few years of his career his knee was so fucked up that he got to miss training and only played in the actual matches! so not only did he get paid very cushty wages, he got to skip training as well!

Party Boy said:
btw, seems to be a hell of a lot more posters in this thread now. I presume everyone is up for predictions next season??

i'm in. hopefully i'll do better next season. :reject:

Party Boy said:

In all fairness, you couldnt do any worse......

:madspit:

How's lovely Canada these days? Summer arrived yet?

i know sucked big fat hairy toe in the pool but you needn't rub it in. :wink:

canada is great. it's sweltering here right now. not like i'm complaining after the crappy winter we had. it's supposedly going to go up to the early 40's with the humidity tomorrow. :faint:

and congrats to liverpool for getting back in the champs leaque. :applaud: even though i think that it's a bit much at least they didn't bump everton out so i can accept the decision.

Yeah I think liverpool deserve to defend title, though i guess 1st qualifiying round is not going to make them too happy as they will have to play first games mid July, so next season is going to be a long one!

Canada in early 40's... that is impressive. Could do with a bit of that here in London.

As for your prediction capability, every season has a whipping boy.. you were the "norwich" of the year. Maybe next season you can aspire to..... hmm... Portsmouth?

I think it's a disgrace that we are allowed to have 5 clubs in the Champions League, i don't even know why they call it a 'champions' league now if they are going to allow the 5th place club entry.

As if they need to bend the rules to allow liverpool entry, it's ridiculous. Liverpool simply didn't do enough to qualify in their respective league yet they are still allowed in.

Real Zaragoza had this happen to them a few years ago and they weren't allowed in but now it's alright for Liverpool

:huh: :mad:

Party Boy said:
As for your prediction capability, every season has a whipping boy.. you were the "norwich" of the year. Maybe next season you can aspire to..... hmm... Portsmouth?

i kinda liked norwich :reject:

1stepcloser said:
I think it's a disgrace that we are allowed to have 5 clubs in the Champions League, i don't even know why they call it a 'champions' league now if they are going to allow the 5th place club entry.

I agree with you there. But I am in favour of Liverpool being able to defend their trophy. And UEFA couldnt just kick Everton out to make way for them, there would have been riots on the streets of Liverpool for days!
The competition needs to undergo rule changes imo. The top TWO teams ONLY from each country go through, and that should be that.
Yes - I know under that rule that would mean UTD don't get thru this season, but i'd be willing to accept that in the hope that it might inspire them to play a bit better next time around!

Aardvark747 said:

The competition needs to undergo rule changes imo. The top TWO teams ONLY from each country go through, and that should be that.

that's how it should be. spot on. it's an absolute joke this year.

it's as stupid as the 1st division playoff rule. why don't the top 3 just go up to the premiership!!?? it's so silly that the team who finishes 6th can still have a chance of getting into the premiership:mad:

Having defeated the likes of Juve, Chelsea and Milan, Liverpool do deserve to defend their title. But 5 teams from one country is ridiculous. It should go back to the good ol' days were only the Champs went through to the group stages and the second placed teams had to qualify.

Chelsea to win EPL again
Liverpool to miss the group stage in the ECC
Juventus to win the ECC
Tottenham to get into the UEFA Cup
Ireland to win the World Cup :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom