The 2010-2011 NBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were too concerned about opening offense, Lewis could start at the 4 with Posey/Richardson at the 3, then bring Bass, Okafor and Gortat off of the bench at the 4 or 5.

CANCELED.jpg

:rolleyes:

Looks like LeBron is giving Rondo a run for his money - 9 assists in the 1st half with only 6 points.

I honestly did not imagine LeBron would pass the ball. But he is. It's amazing.

Heat put up almost 70 in the 1st half, this is going to be a nasty outcome.

Yeah that stat matchup died the minute I brought it up, LeBron only had 3 in the 2nd half.

Rondo is absolutely nasty. As expected, the Heat took a dump on the Bucs.

If they're settling into the dynamic of Wade being "the guy," LeBron being the facilitator and Bosh being the third banana, then I think it's all over.

I question the pay scale of that set up, with Bosh being paid the same as James and Wade...talk about pulling the wool over someone's eyes.

okay, yes and no... lebron and bosh get 14.5 per, wade gets 14.2.

i never doubted that bosh would settle nicely into the third guy role, because that's what he is, and deep down he knows that he pulled a scam over the eyes of a lot of people by becoming a part of this, because he's about the 5th or 6th best 4-man in the league at best.

i'm torn on lebitch so easily handing the keys of the car over to wade and settling into the facilitator role... part of me is saying "ha, see i knew he was a bitch... he's much better than wade" and part of me is saying "a large part of the reason why i dislike lebron is because i always thought he'd be magic johnson, and took the easy way out by trying to be jordan, who he'll never be, and jacking up shot after shot"

two things would still be glaring for me about this team... #1 is the playoffs. things are different in the playoffs. the cavs won 66 games in the regular season two years ago... they couldn't do shit in the playoffs 'cause when the silly fouls stop getting called.. things change.

#2 would be wade breaking down. they're a glorified cavs team without him.

a distant #3 would be lebron getting upset at wade getting all the points... i'm beginning to think this whole ego thing was just a facade

Honestly the only thing I'm scared of would be the LeBron ego. He's perfect right now, putting up a fair share of points and passing the ball so much. He's creating offense. Really letting James Jones flourish at the moment.

I'm afraid of him turning around.

It could be worse. At least Kevin Garnett didn't call Charlie V an alpaca.

charlie villanueva doesn't exactly have the best of reputations to go around slinging mud about others. i mean... he's picking fights on twitter. if KG really said that to you, and you really were that offended, why didn't you do something at the time instead of waiting until after the fact and posting it on twitter?

so you're either lying, or you're a pussy.

wonder if p/f has a ticket to the spectrum take what you want extravaganza

i'd pitch in $5 if four others wanted to send him over there and report back

Sacramento Kings are going to be really good in a year or two. They need to build a defense and get a vet free agent in there. They have some good young players.

Ha, Cleveland and the ethos of self-pity. How well I know it. As one of only perhaps two people on this forum that are in any way concerned about the Cavs' existence, I still say that I'm really not angry with him. He left in free agency, which was his right. He may have behaved like an egomaniac, but it's not as though he's a sexual criminal like Ben Roethlisberger, who has received far less negative attention for his much more serious transgressions than has LeBron.

If LeBron has any concern about repairing his image, he would be wise to start by getting rid of Maverick Carter.

did i say the bulls would win the east? i must have been drunk.

1. The Knicks were shooting an unbelievable percentage in that game. In 20 years of watching basketball, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team collectively shoot that well from downtown. They weren't missing. The Bulls' defense wasn't great by any means, but those guys just weren't missing.

2. The Bulls didn't have Boozer. A key component of you saying the Bulls would win the East was the Boozer signing. The Bulls will be much better when he gets back.

3. In games that matter(AKA playoff games), Rose and Noah won't be sitting on the bench for the last nine minutes of the fourth quarter.

Im aware of all of that, and its incredibly unfair to judge chicago without boozer, but...

#1... i've soured on rose

#2... the Knicks are playing very well right now, especially, surprisingly, on defense

#3... the Knicks have great shooters who were given wide open looks all game long. I'll let that slide though... it will take ribs time to put in the D

Mostly it comes to rose..he takes a few too many shots for a 1 for my liking. Unreal talent, no doubt... but id like him to het his teammates involved more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom