Testje - VII - Just say no to the Magic Bootin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissMaCo said:
I'm off Marty darling.

Sweet dreams are waiting for me ! :happy:

As a bloke I know would say : C ya ! :sexywink:

:hug:

Sleep well, dear. :kiss:

Good luck tomorrow. As others have already said, you'll probably be a great teacher. Just stay confident in what you know. And you do know your stuff well, no doubt about that. :)

:hug:

Hey, you also know Rudeboy!? :sexywink:

fah said:

It appears that I have missed the rumble :wink:

yeah guys, where were you all. I had to cop that sweet on my own. I was so glad when beli showed up. So is posting testje permissible again?**hides under ABEL's chair and plays didgeridoo**
all I tried to do yesterday was say hello to you guys and express my feelings of good will to you all. I hope you at least go the message. Nothing new going on here, music, cars, cementing and dogs as always and lots and lots of laughing...hub and I planned a world tour last night, all the hot spots:lmao: so I suppose I'll just bugger off then.
peace...viva U2 :)

meegannie said:
ABEL and Rono can both come to England and meet on neutral ground. I'll chaperone them. :wink:

:lmao: meggie :cute:

i wish i could go to england, or the netherlands. i'm so broke now though i'll have to start saving now to make sure i can see U2 :sigh:

i swear, work is driving me INSANE!!! :angry: :mad: :banghead:

my day manager told me to go to lunch just now so i could have a break before he leaves. it was kinda busy but not overly busy. except then 3 ppl asked me questions as i was on my way out but my day manager said i could go ahead and go to lunch. when i got over to clock out and told the other people in the other area that i was going to lunch the evening manager said 'why don't you hang out for a little while since there's quite a few people out there'.
i had to tell him that my other manager just said i could go :arrrrrggghhhh:

the evening manager is the same one who asked me to work late last nite, i hope he doesn't ask me to stay late again tonite. i just don't think i could do it. i'm just glad tomorrow's my friday :hyper:

[/end whining rant]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:
:rant:
:banghead:
:scream:

I was busy typing an account of what I did today, when my browser crashed. I couldn't post what I'd already written down, nor save it somewhere else. It's gone! :scream: :sad:

*starts typing it again*

:sigh:

:|

cass said:

yeah guys, where were you all. I had to cop that sweet on my own. I was so glad when beli showed up. So is posting testje permissible again?**hides under ABEL's chair and plays didgeridoo**

:hug: cass :hug:

Popmartijn said:
So I made my sister a happy person yesterday.....

This time, I really was the right person at the right place at the right time. :)

Thanks for the hug ABEL. The simultaneous wrath of Sicy and Zoney is a rather traumatic thing to experience. I feel scarred...even more scarred.
Work is making my hub sick, not insane. Seriously, I think it might be all the flourescent lights and computers or something. I hope the new building is an improvement. He is happy with his office, it has a window that looks out onto some trees. I plan to hang upside from aforementioned tree and wave to him...I'm sure that will make him feel better. Maybe I'll take a pen knife and carve "PA loves MA" inside a heart..they''ll never know it's us They are very VERY disappointed with how the building has turned out. He took a bass speaker around there the other day and so many things rattle...it's a recording studio!!! that should not happen.

type fast marty...I have to leave soon:(
I see you keep mentioning Dell . Our piece of land is called "The Dell" and i would have liked to use Delltronics as a business name, but it was already taken. I'm sure I thought of it first.

OK, so this was what I wanted to tell, more or less.

So this morning I could sleep late, as there was no delivery man I had to wake up for. And I did need that extra sleep. :sexywink:
Anyway, with the computer already being delivered I could take my time to install some more software on it (like Microsoft Office, etc.). After all, this new computer will hopefully give my sister extra motivation to finish her thesis. Luckily, installing the software didn't take that much time.
I then walked to the city centre. I've lived in Maastricht for 6 years years (until the summer of 2000) and even though I have visited it many times since, I never really had/took time to walk around the centre. Often, I would go for a party at my sister's place or her friends' places, etc. But today I finally had the time again to stroll around, do a bit of shopping and such. No, I did not buy any CD's. I am on the lookout for a few rare titles and I didn't find them today. Since I bought 6 albums and a single this weekend, my hunger for new music is satisfied for the moment. :) I did find something I else I was looking for for a while. In a bookshop I finally found an English language edition of the Nick Hornby book High Fidelity! :hyper: A couple of months ago I bought the DVD and fell in love with it and was looking for the book since. No, I don't have the soundtrack CD yet, maybe in the future... :sexywink:
In the bookshop I also bought a paper, to do something else which is high on my favourite vacation-things-to-do list. Maastricht has a few big squares and there is one in particular that is basically one big terrace (is that also the correct term in English?). It's surrounded by trees and old buildings and there is not much traffic (from cars that is, as there are many people walking by). There I sat at a table, ordered lunch and a drink (unfortunately no blank (?) beer as I had to drive later) and read the paper. Sometimes the sun would come through the leaves of the trees, I'd watch the people walking by, there was the murmur of the other people sitting there. It was pure bliss! :happy: Really, this is high on my list of feeling extremely happy and at peace. It totally made my day.
After a couple of hours, I'd read the paper through and through, I walked back to my sister's room, did some grocery shopping, had dinner (she's a very good cook too! :up: ) and kissed my sister goodbye. Not for long though, as I will see her again in 2 1/2 weeks (the whole family on my mother's side will have a party because of my grandmother's birthday). And the week after that I'll be in Maastricht again, as it's then the birthday of her best friend (who thus also lives in the same house). So that'll be another party! :dance:
So even though it wasn't that long, it was a wonderful stay in the south of the Netherlands. And the weather was good too! :eek:

I decided it was time for a new sig. I would like one of those flashing animated ones, my sons band did a great little clay animation piece that I think would be great, but in view of the current server problems I decided to just go with text.
We got some rain last night too Angela, just enoughto setle the dust, but any is appreciated at this time. Hub and I do a lot of reading in scientific journals and my o my, are they a sad read. The water table in India has dropped so dramatically lately.

The Australian documentary I mentioned in B& C some time ago was aired here last night "Soundtrack To War". Bravo to the maker George Gittoes. The roof , the roof , the roof is on fire....
indeed it is.
Yesterday, except for the little lesson in forum ettique I received, was a truly top day. I had contact from an old friend, that gave me lots of hope :angel: I get to see Jimmy Little and Archie raoch in concert this weekend. A dream come true...ciao babies

cass said:
Seriously, I think it might be all the flourescent lights and computers or something. I hope the new building is an improvement. He is happy with his office, it has a window that looks out onto some trees. I plan to hang upside from aforementioned tree and wave to him...I'm sure that will make him feel better. Maybe I'll take a pen knife and carve "PA loves MA" inside a heart..they''ll never know it's us

:laugh:
*imagines cass hanging in the tree*
You go girl! :up:
:heart:

I see you keep mentioning Dell . Our piece of land is called "The Dell" and i would have liked to use Delltronics as a business name, but it was already taken. I'm sure I thought of it first.

I'm sure you did.
BTW, what kind of music do you play? The Delfonics? :sexywink:

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that yesterday my sister and I also went shopping for a new desk. Her old one wasn't deep enough for the monitor (a 17" CRT isn't tiny), so she said she needed a new desk in order to have a workable situation. Luckily, we saw a good one on offer in a DIY-store. It's smaller than her old one (i.e. less width), but it is deep enough and perfect for the computer. Again a case of big brother helping her out, because big brother has a car. :angel:
:D

how lightly might this earth bear man forever

Popmartijn said:
Sometimes the sun would come through the leaves of the trees, I'd watch the people walking by, there was the murmur of the other people sitting there. It was pure bliss! :happy: Really, this is high on my list of feeling extremely happy and at peace. It totally made my day.
After a couple of hours, I'd read the paper through and through, I
there must have been something in the air...or the stratosphere yesterday. Simultaneous blissful feelings. Honestly I felt so good yesterday, at one point I honestly felt lighter than air...and that's saying something for a big girl such as myself.
First of spring , first of autumn? our seasons and their commencement dates are different around the world, but our emotions and sense of well-being spring from the same simple source......**floats away** for real this time

Re: how lightly might this earth bear man forever

cass said:

there must have been something in the air...or the stratosphere yesterday. Simultaneous blissful feelings. Honestly I felt so good yesterday, at one point I honestly felt lighter than air...and that's saying something for a big girl such as myself.
First of spring , first of autumn? our seasons and their commencement dates are different around the world, but our emotions and sense of well-being spring from the same simple source......**floats away** for real this time

:love:
:heart:
Indeed, cass. Nothing to add here.
:kiss:

*floats away on the thought that '70s Elton John was indeed the King Of Pop*

:scream: :mad: :angry: :rant:

i had the worst day at work. well it wasn't the worst till 5 minutes before i left and my manager told me i didn't participate. BS!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

i hate working 2nd shift it's totally different than 1st shift. i know this is only temporary but i can't deal with this crap much longer :crazy:

*needs to start looking for a new job*

*will write more in my journal after i relax a bit and have a bite to eat*

ABEL said:

:lmao: meggie :cute:

i wish i could go to england, or the netherlands. i'm so broke now though i'll have to start saving now to make sure i can see U2 :sigh:

[/end whining rant]
You will, Lizzy, attend a U2 show. It is better then a bunch off flowers .

hi greety...you about? I just got a message from Angela saying we could "post whore" at sudden.com. She said she will contact everyone asap. sooooooooo seeya, I hope:)

Sicy said:
It's not a private party.. its just where people choose to post, but the concept is the same.
I'm not sure if sudden.com is part of Interference, I hope someone makes it clear what is going on, so everyone can post there if they wish. Speaking of "post whores" I continued on looking at the posts per day of old regulars from here in a bid to understand this place better.
I added ....
bonosloveslave -8.68
anitram- 1.79
samralf - .64
Skeek- 2.27
verte76 - 14.16
tinydancer -4.8
discoteque -2.91
icelle - 4.69
sweet tart - 1.36
Ody - 1.23
*BOOMCHA* -11.36
n b crusader - 11.61
Danospano - .80
teehee - 1.44
U2girl -3.75

cass said:
okey dokey...my results after looking at people's profiles.... what eclectic tastes we have:up:
daily post rates of people I have known here for a long time and who are regulars. I know people are rolling their eyes and saying it's about content and quality , but we all talk rubbish at times, so posts per day seems to be a good control in this here experiment.

fyi
Martha- 6.06
meggannie- 12.58
Iluvlarrymullen- 6.37
cujo- 6.85
dieman-2.05
screaming flower-10.28
heartlandgirl-2.56
beli-9.75
fah-21.66
headacheinasuitcase-4.54
Rono-2.52
NateDogg-0.55
bonosgirl84 - 6.5
melon -3.59
cass-3.89
zoney - 15.37

some of these people also have and use other user names. I tried to only look at people who are not moderators. I'll jus go in search of a calculator to come up with an average. It looks as though it will be around 6?

well i still haven't founds the calculator, but if you add the two together, a total sample of 32 people...you get
dada

I was that close...maybe some friendly accountant( with a calculator) can check my figures
we're all a bunch of gasbags eh?
I added gOrman to the list because I was so moved when i read his post to Elvis, offering his technical knowledge to the effort to iron our Interfernce server problems. I thought that was just tops

greety said:
oops yes cass, i got the mail but i thought she didn't want it advertised here :D

I'm actually already there :wink:
woops, she never told me it was a secret. I am a Taurean through and through, I don't like change. But as I said to Sicy, whatever is best for Interference, lead on McDuff
If the shoe or the golden platform boot fits....... "post whore" :lmao:

greety said:
i don't think it is part of interference but it's a new place to go as fears of testje being closed down soon are growing.

Come on over, beli is there too.
:hyper:
so the tribe has voted, we've been tossed off the island?
aww gings

I didn't keep the address I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

you are thoughtful..my taurean-ness is being tested to the max tonight. Hub bought me home a Mac laptop to try. It uses less electrickery, a good thing, but it has no mouse, this touchpad set up feels so weird. Tell you what though, I'm prepared to learn, it feel so silky and delicate. BY George I think I've got it...almost. It would be good in winter, it's making my lap warm :)
off again, this was just a test drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom