Tell US ALL about your most bizarre/craziest/most ludicrous CAR CRASH..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here's mine-
(If there was any fatalities or serious injury that conjures up bad memories ignore this thread.)
This is meant to be a fun thread to look back and laugh at yourself ..

My story-
I live about 1.25 miles from my work.
They were doing construction on the road that led to my place of employment for like 10.5 months. The city chose to widen the street,from 2 lanes to 4 lanes.

So w/the detours now instead of 1 mile to work that threw up barricades,and it turned into 3 miles to work.

Well everybody KNOWS how impatient I can be.

So after 8 months of this nonsense and seeing the roadway was all paved only missing a few surface painted lines on it,and almost having all the new street-lights up,(they were not working yet) I would take a shortcut home everyday,during the daylight hrs,saving about 10 mins..

One night as I was "sneaking" home, it was pitch BLACK .
I had gone thru the barricades like always like I always do-(Ive done it a hundred times before).
Remember the street lights werent in working order yet and then....
...BOOM!!....
I find me and my sexyJeep in the middle of a 20 ft deep hole the construction crew excavated earlier that day.The hole was about 25x35ft and 20ft deep.
Both airbags deployed.
I was stunned.
My Jeep sustained $12000 worth of damage.
My Jeep was still sexy and able to drive about a half mile to the body shop.
The headlights were broke though.
My Jeep hobbled into the repair shop.

Anyhoo Im trying to explain it to my boss and he's giggling the next day.
No other vehicles were involve only myself and my sexyjeep.
Boy my neck hurt for a while.
And thats my story.

Now tell us your car crash story.

DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

My crash was crazy because didn't involve my car...I was on a moped (I was only 15, so I didn't have many driving options).

I was on my way to my best friend's house.I got hit by a car...that hurt...and there were tire marks on my pants from the car.

The lady who hit me pulled me off the highway. My best friend's uncle happened to be driving by (we called him Kermit), and he recognized me and stopped. I was crying pretty hard, so he asked, "First crash, huh? Don't worry...the more you have, the easier they are...you won't even notice them anymore."

Then my sister bitched me out when I got home because I had been wearing her helmet, and it got scratched all to heck from scraping against the road.

Looking back...picturing me gettin' smucked by a car on my little black Razz...that's kind of a funny image, in a way.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 03-23-2002).]

That was kinda funny BonoChick.
Glad you made it out ok.

I had a crash w/a Moped too.
It was my first day w/my scooter that I just bought.
It had a side-car attached to it.
It was used and had bad brakes.
I was crusing down a long hill when thew brakes went out.
I crashed into the back of a parked boat.
My friends accused me of trying to make my moped into a 'boatped'.

db9

Okay I have 2 stories. The first I actually had forgotten about, it wasn't funny but interestingly enough it was right outside Foxboro Stadium after the July 2nd U2 show in 97. It was like 1 AM and we were in sort of stop and go traffic and a Jeep Cherokee (I think) rearended us. Was that someone on Interference?
wink.gif

Anyway my other story was scary but everyone makes fun of me for it. I was driving up my street and was only like .25 miles from my house and the passenger side window was down a bit so I dared myself (smart I know) to roll it back up. I leaned over and realized i was drifting off to the right. So i cut the wheel too sharply and lost control and veered off to the left, then back to the right. I was headed for a bunch of trees but was stopped short (thankfully) but the small snowbank. I could not get out of the f-ing snowbank however and had to run home and call someone to help me dig it out. GHh...so embarrassing and traumatizing. At least there were no oncoming cars and no telephone poles at that point in the road or I would have had some problems.

I think my 1st was pretty funny.

I was with a friend (where are you my fellow Angie from High School?) She was on her P's. We were sneaking up to the shops on a free period, and coming back this absolute dimwit in this Barina type thing pulled right out in front of Angie's Tarana. We T-Boned her so good. As it happened right out front of the police station they came out to inspect the damage and thought it was pretty funny too. Not knowing about cars, they said we had snapped the axle. I dont know if this is possible, or just a gee up for the stupid women in the other car who blamed us and kept repeating they were from the North Shore, like it absolved them of blame. It was a write off anyway. Angie's Tarana had a dent in the bumper.

Moral: Drive Sherman Tanks- not tinny lil popcorn makers

biggrin.gif

well i never been in any but my dad has several...

one time he was riding on the hood of the car and his friends were inside the car... he was laying on his stomach facing the driver. they were doing probably 35 or so when he noticed one of his friend's eyes, who was driving, get REAL big and widen. so my dad grabbed onto the windshield wipers as they hit the brakes. but he went flying off the hood, smashed the rear window of the car that was braking in front of them. he went over the top of that car and fell in front of it as it was braking and then it ended up hitting the car that was in front of it. so he fell right between the car he tumbled over and the car in front of it, and the 2 cars ended up colliding like over the top of him. and his friends collided into the car he tumbled over.

of course when the police came, nobody knows who was driving in his friends car lol.

my dad didnt even brake any bones on that one lol

[This message has been edited by erper (edited 03-24-2002).]

[This message has been edited by erper (edited 03-24-2002).]

Erper-That was funny. Glad your Pappy made it out ok.

Angela-Yours was funny too.
The way you described it I felt like I/we were all there.
So do alot of the 'snobby' people live on the No.Shore?

Zoom-
What can I say?

DB9

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 03-24-2002).]

I just can't picture you droppin off into a hole in your Dimonsexy jeep. Glad you weren't hurt and are able to teehee about it now.

My story is not funny, but I have some funny ones too.

In the summer of 96, I was driving my 95 Z28 around and I go with my sister to a book store. I was driving real careful because it had been raining all day and we seen wrecks everywhere.

On the highway, there was a big curve and as I came around it the car just hydroplained and spun around and smaked the median wall 3 times before stopping facing oncoming highway traffic. Of course the engine stopped too. I immediately started the car and got the hell over to the shoulder where me and my sis (we were both okay) got out and surveyed the damage. The car was banged up in the front and back (about $9000 to fix) and not driveable. While we waited for a tow truck, there were two more cars that did the same thing at that spot.

I'll never forget that day, that spot, and there is still paint on the wall where my once beautiful green z ended it's life as I knew it
frown.gif

I still wonder if it wasn't the hand of God that came down and turned the car slightly as a sort of wake up call.

it was 1996 and at age of 17, having just over a year ago received my license, i was driving to my father's office to pick him up one day after schoo(he let me take his car so i could drive to school).
so i'm driving my father's mitsubishi 3000GT along, 17 years old, time of my life
smile.gif
. i slow down to turn right into his office. there was no stop sign but the driving lane on this 2 lane road simply turned into a turning lane(i'm sure you all know what i mean) so i am sitting there with my signal on, fully stopped waiting for traffic in the other direction to clear out. it's a pretty busy time in the other direction so it was gonna be awhile. i look into the rear view mirror and just before i was hit i see the grille of a frikkin' chevy corsica bearing down on the car going much to fast to stop in time.i get hit and the 3000GT surges forward, luckily not so that i was in the sights of the oncoming traffic.
the car was bearly driveable but i managed to turn into the office tower parking lot, making sure that the corsica was following. without looking at the other car i ran into the building and asked the secratary to please alert my father that i am down stairs and i've been in an accident. she says sure.

my dad was outside in about 17 seconds. he took one look at his car and stomped over to the little chevvy. i thought he was about to kick some ass when slowly the corsica door opens and out steps this little old lady.

she was 78. her daughter had physically taken her licence away from her a month ago, but not her car!. the best part-she was just going out to get some milk. she kept on telling me how she didn't notice the signal in spite of the presence of 3 witnesses who supported my story.

3000GT came within a breath of being a write off but they salvaged it, built a new back end and all was well
smile.gif

------------------
pssst: gravity pushes.

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
I believe the angels were watching over you ZEdge and your sissy.

Me as well.
We have work to do on earth yet- esp in these damn fourms..

hoo
hah
D
B
Yeah D69 maybe there were angels watching over...I have a whole theory on angels, I will save that for another thread-so stay tuned.

Something I didn't want to add, but I feel compelled to now, is that my sister purchased 2-3 books at the bookstore. I found them "questionable" of nature but nevertheless I am pretty accepting and said nothing to her about it. She was going through a really hard time (divorce) and her christianity turned sour and into something else to fill the void. The books were apparently on witchcraft or something like that, and she said she felt something weird right before the accident happened.

I don't blame her in any way, she's my sis. It's just freaky though....

Well, when I was 16, my best friend wasn't paying attention on a slippery canopy road on a rainy night... there was a huge tree that had fallen in the road, and bc she was an idiot she didn't see it coming, and so slammed on the breaks making the car do a 360, at which point it ricocheted off of a ditch and another huge tree, placing the car tilting into the ditch almost turned over.

The cops said it was near fatal and we were very lucky. I blacked out and have never been so scared.
frown.gif

About four years ago I'm driving in my '97 Jeep Wrangler with the top down on a beautiful summer night. My passenger(a lovely young lady I met earlier that evening) had the brillant idea to climb on top of me while I was driving down the street. Needless to say I was distracted and ended up hitting a curb then into a mailbox. Lucky I was not going very fast and we were okay. We then proceeded to my house and .... well that's another story.

me3

I'm lucky..i've never been in one..and hopefully if I am..I'll be driving a dimon jeep

Dunno Erper.
Only know this one undenial truth-
"That God so loved the world,he created in 7 days.
God chose to cover 80 per cent of the world with water.
The other 20 per cent is to be
COVERED
BY
JEEP."

Jeep there is only ONE.

Diamond

Well I can laugh at my accident now, but it wasn't funny at the time...

I was 20 years old and still lived at home. My mom and dad had gone away for the weekend. Nice summer day. My boyfriend and I had plans to go for lunch before work. So... being such a hot day, I decide to take my mom's Jeep YJ instead of driving my *own* car. I figured if she were home... she would have let me. So off I go to pick up my boyfriend. When we got to the highway, we couldn't figure where we wanted to have lunch. So instead of going north or south along the highway, I went straight. Ended up driving south down this country road along the ocean. We were being silly and I wanted to listen to Duran Duran
eek.gif
, but my boyfriend was so against it. When he went to eject the tape, I batted at his hand to stop him... unfortunately at the same time, this little old lady veered out onto the road in front of me from a side driveway or road or something, totally cutting me off. I veered to avoid hitting her from behind and because I wasn't used to driving my mom's jeep on a regular basis, I couldn't recover (YJ's have really loose steering). So the jeep went across the oncoming traffic down a five foot embankment, through a pear tree before crashing into and then landing on top of a 4 foot concrete wall that had rasberry bushes on the other side, scratching my mom's paint job. Oh, and did I mention that neither my boyfriend and I were wearing seatbelts? Stupid yeah I know. I had bruises on my lap for months from the steering wheel! Anyway, so we get out of the car to survey the damage, in the meantime the little old lady took off, oblivious to the accident she just caused. Thank goodness for a witness from the oncoming traffic who followed her down the road taking note of her license plate. She was 100% at blame, so at least the insurance company paid for it all. But! The funny thing was other than the noticeable damage--> some scratches and two flat tires I figured my mom's jeep was fine and I could get it fixed and back in the garage before they came home. WRONG!! It turned out that the entire undercarriage had been shoved back a foot causing major damage.
eek.gif
I was freaked! I was at work the next day when my parents came home to find mom's jeep missing... my aunt was there to tell the story and get yelled at by my dad. By the time I got home, he had no anger left in him to yell at me, the one to blame! To this day I think I owe my aunt big-time!
biggrin.gif

Oh and the police men said that had I been in a smaller car (like the one that I owned at the time) we could have been seriously injured. So, there are reasosns we do stupid things, like take our parents cars without permission!
biggrin.gif
lol

Back
Top Bottom