Swastika, Ontario Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed your edit ...

As well as researching Fish diseases...fun stuff!

Heh, I remember after I got home and discovered I was missing a fish, I spent ages researching zebrafish, trying to find out if they had any known cannibalistic habits or what. All I found out is that they will sometimes eat eggs from their species, but never each other.

Sigur Ros music video has boobies. :wink:

:shocked:

Tori might have better boobies!

Heh, I remember after I got home and discovered I was missing a fish, I spent ages researching zebrafish, trying to find out if they had any known cannibalistic habits or what. All I found out is that they will sometimes eat eggs from their species, but never each other.

Yeah, that sounds like my platties. they are relatively peaceful and hardy fish....well mothers eat their fry when they are born, and your supposed to separate them If you want to keep them.

Supposively supposed to have 2 females for everyone 1 male platy......hehe...not bad :wink:

Missed your edit ...

if a fish dies of its own accord or from stress and harassment most other fish will clean up the leftovers pretty quickly .

daniel have you tried running a broad spectrum through your tank to kill of anything that may be around ??

Yeah, that sounds like my platties. they are relatively peaceful and hardy fish....well mothers eat their fry when they are born, and your supposed to separate them If you want to keep them.

Supposively supposed to have 2 females for everyone 1 male platy......hehe...not bad :wink:

i have platties breeding successfully and have never touched them , and the angel lives in with them ! and the tank is also far from pristine, other than weekly part water changes i really do fuck all and they are very happy . :love: platties , they are so hardy !

Tori has only one set of boobies. The Sigur Ros video has ... lots.

Yeah, you're going to watch it, aren't you? :wink:

Ahh, right. I don't know the ratio of males to females that I have as I can't see well enough to tell them apart (apparently there's a miniscule colouring difference but I can't see it!), but it doesn't matter anyway as the conditions aren't right for them to breed. Thank god for that, as I believe they lay about fifty at once!

daniel have you tried running a broad spectrum through your tank to kill of anything that may be around ??

um?....

well....I do at least 1 water change per week, with de-cholorinated water (with some Tri-Start. I've tested PH, and Ammonia, they are all fine!....PH is basically neutral, and Ammonia is basically zero.

Heres a decent pick of the Angel I just took:

dsc01382mw3.jpg

You can see where its red around the gills. Still nothing is really sticking out as being wrong. Breathing looks fine, it doesn't sit up the top gasping for air anything.....so I really dont know!

if a fish dies of its own accord or from stress and harassment most other fish will clean up the leftovers pretty quickly .

Well, here's what happened. I went on holiday, leaving seven fish. I came back and found I had only six. There was no dead fish anywhere around the outside of the tank. There was no dead fish in the tank, nor apparent remains. The water was not bloody at all. And like I said, I researched zebrafish and it said they do not eat one another, except for unhatched eggs. Even if they had, though, I would have thought that there would have at least been some remains or blood in the water or something ...

i have platties breeding successfully and have never touched them , and the angel lives in with them ! and the tank is also far from pristine, other than weekly part water changes i really do fuck all and they are very happy . :love: platties , they are so hardy !

Wow thats awesome. I've got:

2x Angel Fish
2x Coral Blue Goramis
4x Clown Loachs (had 2, back to 1 last night it made like a frog, now back to 4 :))
5x Platys (One made like a frog last night and survived, the one the previous night didn't get so lucky)

ahh if you havent had it very long it could be the colour changing on the fish, and yeah dont run the temp any hotter than 25 ..

do they jump more after you have done a water change?

ahh if you havent had it very long it could be the colour changing on the fish, and yeah dont run the temp any hotter than 25 ..

do they jump more after you have done a water change?

I actually haven't seen 'em jump before. I do notice they like to play around near the filter, where the water is coming out quite fast, I'm thinking maybe they went for a dive and everything went wrong!.....Zero from the judges!

Guys, I spent less than an hour today railfanning from the LaTrobe Street bridge north of Spencer Street Station. I emphasise "less than an hour". Took first photo at 4:14pm, last at 5:09pm (this includes walking from William Street to the bridge and back).

Guess how many photos I took.

(Plus three videos.)

Guys, I spent less than an hour today railfanning from the LaTrobe Street bridge north of Spencer Street Station. I emphasise "less than an hour". Took first photo at 4:14pm, last at 5:09pm (this includes walking from William Street to the bridge and back).

(Plus three videos.)

sore fingers ? :eyebrow:

(Plus three videos.)

WHAT THE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom