Swastika, Ontario Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about Sigor Rios?..or whoever....they're touring in August. playing at your favorite venue! :wink:

No, no, Pure Reason Revolution. :drool:

And yeah, I saw that they're hitting Festy Hall of all godforsaken places. And considering their new song is kind of dodgy and I don't know that much of their material, I'm not all too likely to go. Are you?

So you've got about 5 years max to go. and then work at Melbourne Uni? I was a bit confused, thats all.

If my current plan actually works out (and who can predict so far into the future?), I'll be handing in my PhD thesis in 2013 or 2014. Then ... well, I guess I'd just work at whatever uni wants to take me, preferably one in Melbourne! I really don't feel like moving back to New Zealand ...

Ah, right, so you're going to live on the route 86? That's a damn long tram line from Bundoora into the city, but if you live part of the way along it, that wouldn't be an issue.

I'd say probably the most accessible uni in the city is the city campus of RMIT - about ten tram routes on Swanston, another handful on LaTrobe, and then Melbourne Central railway station over the road. But you wouldn't catch me dead at RMIT. :wink:

Yeah somewhere around there. If if I do a combination of Tram/Train. its not too bad, maybe 30 minutes to the city by train.

If my current plan actually works out (and who can predict so far into the future?), I'll be handing in my PhD thesis in 2013 or 2014. Then ... well, I guess I'd just work at whatever uni wants to take me, preferably one in Melbourne! I really don't feel like moving back to New Zealand ...

Just in time for the new U2 album release thats going to be finished next month :wink:

Just in time for the new U2 album release thats going to be finished next month :wink:

:lol:

I love how it'll be finished in June, but they're still stuck in an eighties mindset and can't get the damn thing out until November.

:lol:

I love how it'll be finished in June, but they're still stuc in an eighties mindset and can't get the damn thing out until November.

Even if they put it out in, September?. Its better than waiting 5 months just waiting and waiting. Patience seems to be the key I've lost with U2. At least we'll have a single in September.

I'm off for lunch folks. see you guys later :wave:

wow, a phd? that's awesome! but, damn! i'm still trying to finish my bachelors, you're making me look bad :wink:

Even if they put it out in, September?. Its better than waiting 5 months just waiting and waiting. Patience seems to be the key I've lost with U2. At least we'll have a single in September.

I'm off for lunch folks. see you guys later :wave:

Yeah, but then they won't qualify for two different years at the Grammies and they won't maximise Thanksgiving/Christmas sales. :|

Have a good one! :wave:

wow, a phd? that's awesome! but, damn! i'm still trying to finish my bachelors, you're making me look bad :wink:

PhD is just a good excuse to write a lot of shit about history. :wink:

Plus I kind of need one to be employed as an academic.

Yeah, but then they won't qualify for two different years at the Grammies and they won't maximise Thanksgiving/Christmas sales. :|

Have a good one! :wave:
yeah, i was gonna say the same thing, but i figured i might as well just quote you. surely everyone can see the correlation. in the beginning it was just a fluke i'm sure, but now? purely stupid marketing. let's sit on an album, drag it out, just so it'll be out for christmas. utterly ridiculous.

the only good thing about it, the ONLY!! good thing about it, is my main band dd put out their album a while back and are finaly (!!!!!) touring for it. so, i've seen them once already. i might even get to see them on their third leg by the time the new album comes out :| if not though, it's unlikely i'd have to decide between seeing the two bands, since it's doubtful U2 will tour anywhere near me on the first leg. this won't be the popmart tour again :mad:

yeah, i was gonna say the same thing, but i figured i might as well just quote you. surely everyone can see the correlation. in the beginning it was just a fluke i'm sure, but now? purely stupid marketing. let's sit on an album, drag it out, just so it'll be out for christmas. utterly ridiculous.

the only good thing about it, the ONLY!! good thing about it, is my main band dd put out their album a while back and are finaly (!!!!!) touring for it. so, i've seen them once already. i might even get to see them on their third leg by the time the new album comes out :| if not though, it's unlikely i'd have to decide between seeing the two bands, since it's doubtful U2 will tour anywhere near me on the first leg. this won't be the popmart tour again :mad:

Yeah, I'm sure that if they finished the album in, say, January, they wouldn't sit on it through to November, but because it's June, they can just drag out the process, do some promo gigs, and live like it's the eighties and efficient distribution networks don't exist. Ugh. And then there's Bono's blather about the test of an album being whether it lasts through two Christmases. No, it's not. I've never heard anyone but you use that standard, Bono.

Heh, I'm just wondering if U2 will even remember this part of the world exists ...

k, so speaking of college, i was (finally) gonna go back (again) in the spring. yes, as in january. i could register for the autumn semester if i wanted, but it's just cutting it too close, to be advised and everything.

anyway, the main reason i've decided to wait was because my mom's starting her science classes in the spring, and she's going to take astronomy. i'd tried taking chemistry last year, and...wow. high school chemistry and college chemistry are nothing alike :lol: if i take astronomy though, i'd need to take physics :crack:

Yeah, I'm sure that if they finished the album in, say, January, they wouldn't sit on it through to November, but because it's June, they can just drag out the process, do some promo gigs, and live like it's the eighties and efficient distribution networks don't exist. Ugh. And then there's Bono's blather about the test of an album being whether it lasts through two Christmases. No, it's not. I've never heard anyone but you use that standard, Bono.

Heh, I'm just wondering if U2 will even remember this part of the world exists ...
i know! they're just so ridiculous about the whole thing. i try not to focus on it, because it just ticks me off. i just try to sit back and wait for the next album, which is why i don't get into the whole "omg give me leaked track plz" stuff.

k, so speaking of college, i was (finally) gonna go back (again) in the spring. yes, as in january. i could register for the autumn semester if i wanted, but it's just cutting it too close, to be advised and everything.

anyway, the main reason i've decided to wait was because my mom's starting her science classes in the spring, and she's going to take astronomy. i'd tried taking chemistry last year, and...wow. high school chemistry and college chemistry are nothing alike :lol: if i take astronomy though, i'd need to take physics :crack:

Why did I think you'd already gone back?

But eek, none of those subjects sound at all up my alley. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom