Swastika, Ontario Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways. I think I'm going to try and break it to my parents tonight that i'm planning on heading to Uni next year. Might be an interesting night!

So you've decided what to study and where you want to go?

I've decided what. but not where.

I'm going to apply for Civil Engineering. Either at RMIT in the City, or Swinbourne In Croydon.

Wouldn't hurt to apply for both really would it?

Yeah, definitely apply for both. It's always a smart idea to have a back-up in case your first choice is rejected. When I moved down here, even though I had a bloody clear idea of what I wanted and that my marks easily qualified me for it, I still added Monash and RMIT to my preferences in case the worst happened.

Yeah, definitely apply for both. It's always a smart idea to have a back-up in case your first choice is rejected. When I moved down here, even though I had a bloody clear idea of what I wanted and that my marks easily qualified me for it, I still added Monash and RMIT to my preferences in case the worst happened.

Oh I'm not sure If I've checked out Monash....

So what is it exactly that you want to do for a living, Bono_man?

Well currently I'm at work (hehe postwhoreing!) I'm doing Engineering at the moment, with some Surveying work as well. Though I sort of struggle with the work sometimes (I've no education in this field, I'm on a traineeship been here for just on a year)

So work has been thinking of training me up, but that might not happen till 2010!!!...so I figure If I head to Uni and pay my own way next year I'll be better of in the long run.

Until my parents tell me otherwise....

Well currently I'm at work (hehe postwhoreing!) I'm doing Engineering at the moment, with some Surveying work as well. Though I sort of struggle with the work sometimes (I've no education in this field, I'm on a traineeship been here for just on a year)

So work has been thinking of training me up, but that might not happen till 2010!!!...so I figure If I head to Uni and pay my own way next year I'll be better of in the long run.

Until my parents tell me otherwise....

Surveying must be sort of fun as I bet you aren't sitting behind a desk all day.

Are you relying on your parents to help you pay for college?

Surveying must be sort of fun as I bet you aren't sitting behind a desk all day.

Are you relying on your parents to help you pay for college?

Its good doing both. Engineering is good, you can work in the office all day if its too hot outside, or pouring rain. Surveying is good too cause it breaks your day up nicely. I suppose I could go for a double degree or something. But I'd like to be finished with uni by the time I'm 50 years old :wink:

I wouldn't be relying on them much. Dad has a business in Melbourne at which I can do a few hours of work a week at. I'm earning a full time wage at the moment, so If I've saved enough, its really only House Rent I may need help with.

But I'd like to be finished with uni by the time I'm 50 years old :wink:

I plan to never leave. :drool:

I wouldn't be relying on them much. Dad has a business in Melbourne at which I can do a few hours of work a week at.

Hey, you know who else could also use a job for a few hours a week ...? :wink:

Yuck. I mean, i'll have my car (just no money to run it!). But i'd like to public transport it where I can.

It's not near any of the train or tram lines, so to get to it, you have to transfer to a half-dodgy bus service.

This is one reason why I love Melbourne University - it's so easily accessible, what with about eight tram routes terminating at it and another five running within a block of it!

Hehe, how long have you got to go?.

Well if you like dealing with pricks in Williamstown that use our car wash......

Next semester is my last of undergrad, then I have Honours, then postgrad should take 4-5 years, then I'll work there.

If my father doesn't shut up about me getting a job, I may just be interested!

It's not near any of the train or tram lines, so to get to it, you have to transfer to a half-dodgy bus service.

This is one reason why I love Melbourne University - it's so easily accessible, what with about eight tram routes terminating at it and another five running within a block of it!

Well see thats mainly why I wanted to Study in Bundoora. The tram just right next to it! Plus I'd have someone to help out with rent. The city wouldn't be too bad. And I'd have to live within walking distance or not too much further for Croydon.

Well see thats mainly why I wanted to Study in Bundoora. The tram just right next to it! Plus I'd have someone to help out with rent. The city wouldn't be too bad. And I'd have to live within walking distance or not too much further for Croydon.

Ah, right, so you're going to live on the route 86? That's a damn long tram line from Bundoora into the city, but if you live part of the way along it, that wouldn't be an issue.

I'd say probably the most accessible uni in the city is the city campus of RMIT - about ten tram routes on Swanston, another handful on LaTrobe, and then Melbourne Central railway station over the road. But you wouldn't catch me dead at RMIT. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom