Survivor Micronesia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First let me say for the umpteenth May in a row that I hate the finale being on Mother's Day, always forces me to watch on tape the next night cause I'm never able to get home in time.

Was kind of a weak ending to the season...the whole crying OMG what are we gonna do we have to do a final 2 instead of a final 3 thing was ridiculous.

Amanda just sucks in front of a jury...she sealed her fate with her blubbering in the penultimate TC. She played the game well late, but just can't convey that...and Shallow did mastermind much of the season (as much as it pains me to say that).

And Ozzy looked like a whiny wimp with his boo-hooing to Pavarti, "you hurt me"...its a game, get over it. Maybe play a little smarter...you're great at the physical portion of the game (probably the best ever), but the mental portion...not so much.

I agree James should be back again somehow...always entertaining.

I hope I never see Natalie anywhere ever again.

I was the one who mentioned last season that Amanda looked better in camp than on the finale, and it held true again this season, and same went for Shallow...the Survivor stylist way overdoes the hair and makeup.

Hewson said:

I hope I never see Natalie anywhere ever again.

I was the one who mentioned last season that Amanda looked better in camp than on the finale, and it held true again this season, and same went for Shallow...the Survivor stylist way overdoes the hair and makeup.

I agree with both of these statements.

Parvati in Playboy would be awesome. Girl's very liberal and grew up on a commune, you never know...

...certainly better than Amazon's twin bitches. Probably the least flattering cover girls I've ever seen in that magazine. Of course, they're really the only ones I've seen because it's Survivor so I actually bothered with checking out soft-core airbrushing.

Disagree with Ozzy being the greatest challenge competitor. He might not even be Top Five. Cook Islands had a lot of "swim out to the water and collect puzzle pieces" challenges that favored him. Fighter-pilot Terry had great dexterity, more muscular body, etc...

And Amanda..."I'd say Ozzy is the most well-rounded Survivor of all time, right guys?" :lol:

While I generally like Ozzy I think a more accurate description might be "greatest swimming challenge competitor". He's OK but nothing spectacular in endurance challenges and we never got to see him in the shooting one to see how he'd have done. Also I can't really get a sense of good puzzle solvers because by the time you get to the puzzle part of the challenges somebody already got way ahead or behind leading up to the puzzle part so you never get an accurate picture of how good/bad the players are at solving the puzzles.

I really think you have to give Parv a lot of credit for her growth as a player. She really did nothing at Cook Islands other than tag along with Penner's alliance and sell her vote to Yul (and Ozzy thought she was his friend...dumbass). From that to basically running the whole game...impressive. Contrast that with Ozzy, who basically learned nothing from Cook Islands and tried to play the same exact game this time around.

When I said Ozzy was great at the"physical portion of the game", I was referring to physical challenges (clearly he's the best swimmer ever on the show), and other physical things like tree climbing for coconuts, fishing etc. He seems to excel in the outdoor environment.
I don't think I'd want him in any mental challenges, puzzles, quizzes etc. And he clearly has issues with the strategy and social aspects of the game.

I'd say Firefighter Tom had the most complete package, even more than Terry.

Firefighter Tom was the Wayne Gretzky of Survivor.

Terry was great, but, unfortunately, in his season he only came in third. I loved the way Terry played the game though.

^ Yeah it was...I watched ER, I think I might be the only one left.

Bah, no need to worry. Big Brother's coming back in like a month. It's Survivor minus depth of personality. :yes:

We have to wait til 13 July for BB 10 :| I think that Last Comic Standing show is going to be on Thurs nights now but I haven't watched it since the very first season. And even then.....

Tonight is good, Idol, Hell's Kitchen, Colin and Justin's Home Heist(a Canada/UK home thing with the famous Scottish lads), and US Primary discussion on CNN for commercial breaks!

Last edited:
BigMacPhisto said:
Bah, no need to worry. Big Brother's coming back in like a month. It's Survivor minus depth of personality. :yes:

this last season was their worst

after the very entertaining donatos season

let's hope they get a better concept and contestants than last season.

I hear ya. I remember when the first season debuted. It was on during the Summer of 2000. One of the things that I liked about the show was that something cool was actually on during the Summer. Not just reruns or failed pilots. Damn, I can't believe that was 8 years ago.

Ya that seems so strange it was 8 years ago. I've got those first 3 seasons on tape and with all the Early Show, talk show, Letterman stuff...remember they used to go on his show when they got booted?

So in the latest Survivor news, our hero Jeff Probst has signed on for 4 more seasons of Survivor, which will take it up to season 20. This is the season that Jeff has mentioned as being a possible All-Star Winners Survivor. He said they're waiting for Hatch to get out of jail....bless him. He's still my all time favourite Survivor.

this last season was their worst

after the very entertaining donatos season

let's hope they get a better concept and contestants than last season.

Last season was one of the better ones imo. The cast was absolutely, COMPLETELY unlikeable but pardon my french, the shit always went down. Probably more action and intriguing plot shifts than any season yet.

BB8 was better though, probably their finest all-around cast ever. Unfortunately, the America's Choice crap pretty much bought the Donatos a win and I hated that. Dick was a good character but a total bastard when he didn't need to be, plus his daughter would constantly complain whenever things didn't go their way. They're two of the biggest sore-losers, right up there with Ms. Janelle "I'm going to ignore the fact that this is a game and immediately hate anybody that puts me on the block" McBitch.

So in the latest Survivor news, our hero Jeff Probst has signed on for 4 more seasons of Survivor, which will take it up to season 20. This is the season that Jeff has mentioned as being a possible All-Star Winners Survivor. He said they're waiting for Hatch to get out of jail....bless him. He's still my all time favourite Survivor.

I can't wait for all of the threatening winners to be picked off one-by-one and we're left with a Danni, Aras and Vecepia final three. :rollseyes:

:yippie:

I love Survivor so much that I'll take it in any form....well except if they did a Family Survivor like they did that one season with Amazing Race.......that was crap!

Out of curiosity, can you buy every season of Survivor on disc?

Back
Top Bottom