Survivor 15 : China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ultravioletluvv said:
The preview just showed them all doing some challenge, running through a building or something. It didn't show any strategizing or any camp scenes, so I have hope that maybe there is a shake up.
It also showed Todd and Amanda I think climbing up on the arch thing looking for the immunity idol, and apparently not realizing it was 2 inches from their face.

I can't decide what to make of what happened. . .

I recognize the brilliance of Pei Gei's strategy (though as has already been pointed out, the execution was pretty much bungled with how obvious and smug they were about it), but something about it still just sat so wrong with me. Something in me just resists the idea of "losing" on purpose or throwing challenges. I just don't like to see it. And to see James taken out that way would just be somehow sad to me. . .It about broke my heart watching him during tribal council.

For that reason I was glad it was Aaron they sent home. Maybe James will be able to win the next immunity challenge all by himself. How amazing would that be? Unlikely, though, I know.

The whole thing sped up the dynamic that usually happens at the merge where they start targeting the strong players, with the disadvantage being that the strong don't have the opportunity to protect themselves like they do in indvidual immunity challenges. For the sake of all the other players having a better shot at the win, getting James out IS good--for everyone (except him of course). But I just hate to see him done like that.

I agree. I hope James can pull some kind of miracle and stay in the game. He's a great player.

maycocksean said:
Something in me just resists the idea of "losing" on purpose or throwing challenges. I just don't like to see it.

I thought it was great.

Outwit. Outlast. Outplay.

It's not about sportsmanship, it's about strategy.

bonosgirl84 said:

I thought it was great.

Outwit. Outlast. Outplay.

It's not about sportsmanship, it's about strategy.

I know, you're right. Those same three words came to mind as I was watching. It was brilliant (though you have to admitt their execution was pretty poor)

In fact, I humbly admitt I thought of Pei Gei's plan before she did. :wink:

Still. . .ah, it just hurt to see James taken down (almost) like that.

I'm with you maycocksean, it doesn't sit well with me either. I am a lot like James in that I wasn't able to fathom how anyone could do such a thing and laugh about it. I mean I know why they threw it and all, but my pride wouldn't let me do that. I won't be rooting for either of them at all.

But you're right also Bonogir84. It isn't all about winning battles. It's about strategy.

I just feel bad because James was in great shape before, and now he's screwed. :tsk:

If PG is one of the last people standing, i think she deserves some votes for this strategy. If Jamie is with her, she shouldn't get any. Same goes for Erik. They just went along with things. There's always the masterminds and the people who ride their coattails.

oh you just know that PG and Jamies strategy is going to bite them in the ass....

they certainly make alot of assumptions, not the mention the fact they didnt even let virgin guy in on their strategy, and they expect the original tribe to stay together when the dont even share things...I mean really, and why do they assume when they merge that the 2 movers will automatically come back to the fold...seems like they assume too much without any consideration whatsoever.

cant wait to see the ass-biting though..pg annoys the hell out of me

I was jumping up and down giving everyone high fives when they hatched the plan with james, I was like yeeeessss PG is going PG is going...then they mess that up, and i thought ok ok james will still be able to screw them over after he gets the idol..then I see the previews and either he is a complete dolt or he makes a huge error....aww good tv

Well, it looks like they merge next week, so i wonder if Todd is gonna ask for the idol back. And how in the hell does Jamie and Erik end up with the other idol? James really does mess that one up!

I think as soon as they merge, Jamie is gone. Unless her, PG, and Erik can hook up with Jean-Robert and somehow get Frosti back on their side, it's not looking good for their tribe. Although next week it does look like Courtney may be on the outs with her alliance, so she may have to team with JR to survive. Although she's more set on voting against him because she hates him, rather than having an actual strategy. I can't wait for her bony ass to be gone.

I'm glad Frosti hooked up with the Fei Long alliance. I hope he can stay with them til the end.

I am glad James is still around

if the challenges remain mostly physical

he could go far

I wish he had the immunity idol in his possession

and also

as I have written before

I do think the producers

edit and manipulate this show

to create more drama than is actually there

that whole bit about it maybe being John Robert that might go

was just ginned up for suspense.

Every time they show several people writing down the same name and holding the parchment up to whisper at the camera it's never that person who gets voted off. It's really very pointless because it only ends the suspense instead of increasing it.

deep said:

I do think the producers
edit and manipulate this show
to create more drama than is actually there
was just ginned up for suspense.

They do this on most of the reality TV shows.....it's all about the money and that is relative to the number of viewers who tune in!

I find this season to be disappointing so far. I'm mainly bored with the contestants, and don't think they're especially sharp this time around. Hope it gets better at the merge!

well you know someone takes their votes and puts them in a more interesting order before Jeff reads them out loud....You know they could never, always, be back and forth like that..(ie 1 vote sue, 1 vote joe...etc...) every time he reads them:|

Finally watched this tonight (the World Series pre-empted my viewing before).

Well, the scenario I mentioned previously almost happened, but then they go and get paranoid and actually compete for the idol. Go figure.

Kind of dumb that Todd gets the hidden immunity idol while everyone else is still around the camp. Would it have been so hard to wait until they went away?

Also, an interesting observation. When they found the hidden immunity idol, it had a note on the back indicating what it was. In the preview where Erik and Jamie find the same thing at their camp, there didn't appear to have any message on the back. Perhaps it's not an immunity idol over there...

I can't stand Jean Robert. I think that they should have listened to Courtney and voted him out. I don't see him being that particularly loyal.

maycocksean said:
I can't stand Jean Robert. I think that they should have listened to Courtney and voted him out. I don't see him being that particularly loyal.

he is not very likable

but he does seem to have a decent grasp
of his standing within his tribe

with the merge next week

the tribes will be at 6-4

if frosti is smart enough
to get back with his old tribe

Jean Robert might flip over - and we would be at 5-5
(the producers would love this, and with their one on one diary interviews, they could steer it this way)

which ever side wins immunity could have numbers advantage

also, the two? immunity idols may make things interesting

I missed a couple weeks during my vacation but this past show was interesting to say the least. I am shocked Jean Robert didn't get voted off, he is creepy. And I agree the 2 immunity idols having been found could possibly steer things in a different direction. Next week will certainly be interesting what with the merge! Stay tuned.............:wink:

phanan said:
Also, an interesting observation. When they found the hidden immunity idol, it had a note on the back indicating what it was. In the preview where Erik and Jamie find the same thing at their camp, there didn't appear to have any message on the back. Perhaps it's not an immunity idol over there... [/B]

Good point. I missed the preview so I didn't see that part.

Jean Robert also creeps me out and it also really annoys me when he refers to himself in the third person. I don't know why.. that just drives me nuts!

Anyone else notice how lately Courtney has been flying under the radar lately? She could be one to look out for, I know she likely wouldn't likely win any physical individual immunities.. but if the others are busy getting rid of folks that are physical challenges to them.. then I could see her going far. I do wish she'd eat more though, she seems painfully thin to me.

RavenBlue said:

I do wish she'd eat more though, she seems painfully thin to me.

Well, this IS Survivor after all. Not sure how much she can do about that.

Jean Robert. . .He just really irks me. He's like this season's Rocky. Just an absolute idiot who stays on and on and on. . .

She was pretty damn thin to start out with. She reminds me of myself in the fact that its probably her metabolism but Jesus, I am definately not THAT thin. She could stand to gain a few pounds. She looks scary.

Back
Top Bottom