SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regardless of why he is doing this, I'm certain that this one reason why they chose him to be on the show. The producers learn tons of info about the performers on the show except info about dead grandmothers, and probably talked to him about how he would not be able to smoke and he probably said he could handle it. Obviously, it makes for great tv watching a smoker suffer nicfits while viewers go "I know how he feels, poor guy"

The luxury items have actually featured in every season (according to Jeff Probst) but they just haven't been of interest to the storylines lately, so they don't bother showing them. I think Rob C with his magic 8 ball was the last time that we were even shown one.

Tribe mixup next episode is ok, but it's kind of unfair to do it when one tribe will have one more member than the other.......gives everyone in that larger tribe a slight advantage since they can rest a person in challenges and will know one more person than the other tribe. Granted, I do think we'll get another tribal switchup at one point, but the folks on the tribe of 8 will have a bit of leverage.

BigMacPhisto said:

Tribe mixup next episode is ok, but it's kind of unfair to do it when one tribe will have one more member than the other.......gives everyone in that larger tribe a slight advantage since they can rest a person in challenges and will know one more person than the other tribe. Granted, I do think we'll get another tribal switchup at one point, but the folks on the tribe of 8 will have a bit of leverage.
If we had started with 2 tribes, one would have an extra member at this point anyway.

^ Yeah, but that tribe would've earned it by having won the first IC. The next episode looks a lot like a random mixup according to the previews.

I still thing the worst offense was last season when Steph was basically handed a tribe lead at the switchup when she was put on Nakum which had an extra member.......definitely really gave her a big advantage. If her new tribe didn't have the numbers at merge, she could just try to guilt trip Gary into joining her side and all.........so, basically Brandon/Bobby Jon/Danni were in the worst position of anyone in the game, and Danni still managed to win. Good for her! :wink:

I'm kind of glad they've switched things up a little bit

At least ....... this is what I say right now.

RavenBlue said:
Would it be possible for him to have say, Nicotene gum or a patch as a luxury item?

:hmm: I think that I remember Mad Dog from Survivor Australia using the patch when she went on the show.

runs off to google... Ha ha! I found this chat transcript with Jerry

http://www.survivorfever.net/chat_s8_jerri.html
Question: Are you or the other Survivors smokers? I imagine withdrawal would be horrendous
Jerri: I myself am not. However a really good story comes from my Australia experience and Mad Dog, who was a chain smoker and had to wear a patch in order to get by without nicotine. And I still to this day have a huge amount of respect for her because she never once let on that she missed her daily cigarettes. Never once did she get cranky.

So either they changed the rules and banned the patch, or they don't manufacture a patch large enough to cover this man's addiction. 3 packs a day!!! :eek:

OK well that was just wrong. OK with the merging of the 4 tribes down into only two, I don't have issue with that....but that guy that's quit smoking his 3 packs of cigs a day is just driving me insane....HE should have been voted off. That guy is INSANE! Melinda pulled her weight, she should not have been sent home. The girl who lost the fishing spear should be slapped too!

It was fun watching the women eat that papaya. I was happy for them. Papayas are very healthy, so that was a wise thing for them to eat. Those poor folks look like their bodies are all bug eaten.

Tonite's episode just pissed me off with Mr Cigarette. Next week vote his ass off, hopefully before he goes postal.

At tribal council he looked like he was about to say take him instead. I thought for sure he would. Ass :angry: If he doesnt want to be there he shouldnt waste the spot.

I like how they sent that left over dude to Exile Island...that was a different twist. I think that guy is really focused and could go till the end. He seems quiet, reserved, self sufficient, and in good physical and mental shape.

I sense some real conflicts happening next week.

That Melinda had the most beautiful blue eyes!

Shane (Cigarette Boy, Smokerman, Mr. Cigarette, Smoke up his ass, whatever) is annoying of course, but the other guy who just dropped the bomb on the tribe and told them how it was gonna be was such a dumb move, strategically speaking.

I like the guy who was on Exile Island, though...

phanan said:

I like the guy who was on Exile Island, though...
Bruce, aka Mr. Miyagi.

At this point in the proceedings, I'm pulling for Terry, the former fighter pilot. Reminds me a bit of Tom the fireman from 2 seasons ago. Seems to be a straight up guy, works hard, was in the water (under mostly) the whole time during the immunity challenge.

Before the show started I thought I'd be pulling for Dan the Astronaut since he's from Hadley MA, just outside of where I went to college, but I like Terry better, so Dan can be runner up.

And does SmokeShane have a connection to Boston? He has "Boston" tattooed on his chest. I hope its his son's name.

Shane I actually find kind of amusing. What was with giving the fishing thingy to someone who didn't have a clue how to work it. I think maybe Terry should've gone fishing instead.. he's probably wishing he had.

Well, they're picking off the older women like flies. Melinda didn't really look that old to me. But whatever, I wonder if the producers get an earful from them when they heard their tribe was called the "Older Women". You know, doing something like that can get hazardous :yikes: :wink:

I like Bruce as well. Very cool guy. Terry as well.

Back
Top Bottom