suggestions for comfortable standing on your feet all day shoes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i have to get new black shoes for work :grumpy:
i have a pair of nike air shoes that i love and are the most comfortable sneakers i've ever owned, but they're white, not black.
and now with our new uniforms at work i have to wear black shoes.

i'm on my feet ALL DAY at work for about 7 1/2 hours.

i've had new balance and the nike suggested to me but today i had such a hard time finding them in black and in my size.

i spent about 3 hours shopping, going to foley's, dillards, footlocker, and what used to be oshman's and came back with nothing.

i've got an old pair of rebock sneakers that are black which i could wear for a while, but they don't have very good support for being on your feet that long.

any suggestions?

Last edited:
Doc Marten Chelsea boots. You might be able to find them on eBay for a reasonable price, as retail prices for Docs are of course a bit high. I have a pair of Chelseas that I used to walk an hour (round trip) in each day, plus a lot of standing and back-and-forth-ing during the day...they're great shoes. :up:

I have weird feet. They are very wide and almost perfectly flat, so wearing any type of shoe for more than 1/2 hr for me is pure torture. I own only three pairs of shoes (a pair of cross-trainers for my PE classes and two pairs of brown shoes for work in the winter), but like 15 pairs of sandals/flip-flops. :D

I'm with fah on this one, lizzie - clarks all the way :up:

When I worked at the hotel in ireland I used to do up to 12 hour shifts, standing the whole time. I bought a pair of what I suppose you would describe as black leather chef's clogs. they had cushioned soles and were so comfortable, even at 3am when I'd been running around for hours serving a wedding party or something :heart:

for extra comfort I bought some scholl 'ball of foot cushions'
190x293.jpg

they hook over your middle toe and provide extra cushioning right where you need it - on the balls of your feet :up: :up: :up:

Born :drool:

After standing awhile, my feet start killling me but then I got a pair of Born (maryjane style). I was standing the whole time I worked the polls and my feet didn't hurt. They're kind of expensive but totally worth it :up:

tiny dancer said:

I :heart: Clarks. Just bought a pair of brown sandals, and thinking about another pair ina different color. :wink:

i can't wear clogs or open toe shoes to work unfortunately :slant:

Back
Top Bottom